More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:13:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  problem with custom world
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: problem with custom world  (Read 3783 times)
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
problem with custom world
« on: 2010 January 16, 13:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed a custom world and it seems to have over-ridden the landscape of all other neighbourhoods, Pleasant View and Riverview included and affected saved games also.  I've tried removing the custom world but it's still occuring.  I've tried to find all the traces of the world but I think I've missed something somewhere.  I half remember seeing a post from someone detailing the various places the worlds put bits and pieces but I've been unable to locate it using the search.

- ElenaRoan
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: problem with custom world
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 16, 18:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleasantview? Anyway since normally worlds are downloaded via Sims3pack just uninstall it on your launcher if you want to get rid of it.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 16, 18:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Done that.  And, since my launcher is slightly broken (thank you EA) I manually deleted it from installed worlds, world caches and C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.  It is still over-riding the landscape of all the other worlds.

- ElenaRoan
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 16, 18:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may also be in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages.  But it may also have already corrupted any of the games you opened already.  Try using the backup saves (make an extra copy of them first just in case).

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 16, 19:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't put it in there deliberately but I went and checked the store packages I'd put in there just in case it had got mixed up in there by the launcher stupidly sticking it in the DCBackup along with normal package files but it's not there that I could find.  Though I did remove a fairly large file just in case.  It didn't make any difference.

I've also tried, again, deleting the cache files to see if it changed anything but it didn't.

- ElenaRoan
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 16, 21:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if this will help, it's a quote from Interfection in this thread. Try the same setup with your downloaded world and see what happens.

"To anyone that's having trouble with playing games saved in Riverview,

Put the Riverview.world file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds like Witch instructed.  Next, you must delete the Riverview.world file from your InstalledWorlds folder in your Documents to get it to work correctly."

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 17, 05:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete the files in DCbackup?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 17, 09:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, finally managed to track it down.  Turns out that the launcher, broken thing that it is, did get some stuff mixed up with the normal packages and I only managed to get it out when I completely removed all the store stuff that was installed at around the same time.

- ElenaRoan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: