More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:51:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Subhood change post creation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Subhood change post creation  (Read 3292 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Subhood change post creation
« on: 2010 January 14, 12:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a business subhood in game and would like to change it to a vacation destination instead.  Is there anyway to do this or would I just have to create the vacation destination from scratch instead?

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Subhood change post creation
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 14, 13:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd probably have to re-make it. I'll leave the answer to someone with more knowladge about that matter though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 14, 14:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of any good, safe way to do this. Or why you'd want to, seeing as an OFB "generic" subhood involves far less hassle to access.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 14, 14:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already used the neighbourhood, and it's decorated almost perfectly for what I had in mind.  The sims are moving to the base hood anyways.  I wanted other sims to be able to purchase vacation homes there instead.  I'll just scrap the subhood and create a vacation hood with same terrain and call it the same thing...problem solved I guess.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 14, 15:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you could just copy the terrain and layout by terrain surgery.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 14, 18:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Move any Sims that are in any of the homes into the bin from the subhood you want to turn into a vacation - this makes packaging easier. Do not place these Sims in any main hoods other than the one you pulled them from. You must keep them in the related Neighbourhood, subhoods, etc…
- Package each lot, and as an option, you can take a screenshot of your neighbourhood to remember where the lots are.
- Create a vacation hood with the name you want it to have. Use any terrain because you'll overwrite it in a few seconds with the one you want.

- Exit the game.

- Use Hood Replace from MTS and replace the hood you just created with the one from your subhood - make sure you have ‘Lots' unchecked.
- Re-install each lot with Clean Installer, using the ‘Lot Only' option - don't worry, everything that's important to you will remain as it was with this option.

- Go back into the game and enter your vacation hood. If you did everything right up to this point. The terrain will be exactly as the subhood you copied it from, decorations and all, and all the lots you re-installed should be in your bin.
- Place your lots where you want them, and you're done.

At this point, you can change the subhood by changing the decorations, lots, moving them around, or you can keep it as it was. I don't know if it's safe to delete though - perhaps someone can clarify.

Edited because I thought of a better way to do it.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 14, 18:27:37 by GelatinousSubstance » Logged

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: