More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 09:03:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patching problem for Sims 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patching problem for Sims 3  (Read 15294 times)
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Patching problem for Sims 3
« Reply #25 on: 2010 April 02, 17:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean that the version that is on the server of the 3rd party retailer I bought the first game from is fucked.

My question still stands. Did they, like, recode it or something? How, in your deranged world of biploar assburgers, would such a scenario work?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 April 03, 11:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly.
It appears there is a file missing from their copy of the program.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 April 03, 16:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly.
It appears there is a file missing from their copy of the program.

And they "left out" this file only on your copy of the game? SHO UR WERK.

LULZ. Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Then you don't have to face up to what an enormous bag of fail you are.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 April 03, 19:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you buy your Sims 3 for mac game from Bigpond games Australia? Do you know anyone else who has?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 April 03, 20:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you buy your Sims 3 for mac game from Bigpond games Australia? Do you know anyone else who has?

The game comes with the mac and windows versions on the same disc, so saying "for mac" is slightly pointless. I could see a one in a bazillion chance that you got the one disc with a corrupted version of cider on it, but that is unlikely and I mostly don't buy it. Stranger things have happened, but I honestly wouldn't blame the store you got it from in the event you did get a bad copy. I am curious if it works fine on a windows box though.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 April 03, 20:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grimma, although she's throwing out way too many unnecessary expletives in this discussion, she's likely to be right about Telstra. They used to be the Government phone company here. Their service is spectacualrly bad and they're good at trying to pretend that something isn't screwing up. It's highly likely that they're dishing out the wrong patches but they're too lazy to bother checking that.

However, Booby McHooters if you want these guys to help you in the future, swearing at them and abusing them is probably not the way to do it. You're the one who were discussing your issue, if you're looking for help you absolutely have to provide your operating system and mention any other hacks you may have in your game.  Depending on the issue you usually also need to provide data like your graphics card, CPU and information on how old your drivers are. Otherwise people are purely taking a shot in the dark when it comes to helping you with your issue.
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 April 04, 06:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was being polite Saraswati - until I got called a tard or an idiot.... I was sworn at and insulted first.

And I HAVE mentioned that it was a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD from the BIGPOND GAMES SHOP online. It is a MAC ONLY download file - you only get one or the other when it's a digital download. A .exe for windows or a .dmg for mac. The issue is a missing file in the program downloaded from the server. WHY it is like that I don't know. Perhaps someone at telstra accidentally deleted part of it when they were uploading it to the server. Perhaps they are doing it on purpose. Perhaps telstra is actually selling a pirate game, and they don't want EA to find out so they have disabled the game's ability to connect to the EA servers for updates.

I have checked - I bought another copy of the game from EA, installed the new copy on my mac book, and installed the bigpond copy on my imac. The bigpond copy of the program has one less file in it. I haven't isolated exactly which file it is - now that I have a new copy I can't really be bothered going through all of the files to find out which one is missing.
Now that I AM aware I will be asking Telstra/Bigpond games for my money back. If they don't give me my money back I will cancel all of my telecommunications services with them (and that is 2 mobiles, a landline, an expensive ADSL 2+ account and my pay tv). I'm already pissed of with them for a number of other reasons.

The bigpond game was playing, but not updating on both machines. The EA game updates straight away.
Why would I particularly need all of that information about my computer when the sole problem with my game was that it was 1. not recognising that it was an out-of-date version and 2. not downloading it's patches.
I did mention the version of the game that I got from the Bigpond games server (1.1.6.107).
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 April 04, 07:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgetting to tell them that you're on a Mac is fairly major omission. Macs usually have different patches, different services available and the files are structured differently. You assumed that they would infer that from your post, which was a big assumption. New posters around here often can't find the patches just because they think they're allergic to clicking.

As to the subject of Bigpond I understand, beleive me. I have my net with them and they suck big time. However I seriously doubt they'd put up a pirated version. An omission in their service is much more likely. And if you're planning to request a refund, you will NEED to find the file they've missed, otherwise they're not going to treat you seriously.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 April 04, 07:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just get the TPB version and install the normal-people way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: