More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:25:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is it possible to uninstall sims3pack stuff with current patches?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to uninstall sims3pack stuff with current patches?  (Read 6360 times)
kodawaruonna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is it possible to uninstall sims3pack stuff with current patches?
« on: 2010 January 13, 01:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legit copy of the base game, no WA.  I am using the working launcher method to install pilfered store stuff with only a few hiccups (I can install everything except the Gothic, New Year, and New Orleans sets).  My problem comes in trying to uninstall store items, I always get a file not found error, same results with the updated launcher too.  I've looked around for a fix or a 3rd part program to do the job with no luck.  Has anyone else run into this and found a work around? 

Bonus: since I haven't seen this addressed elsewhere, has anyone else noticed their fences are solid when they shouldn't be?  The iron fences no longer have any spaces and are totally unusable in my game.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Is it possible to uninstall sims3pack stuff with current patches?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 13, 01:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The iron fences stay like that on low detail, try changing graphic settings then zooming in.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 13, 03:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legit copy of the base game, no WA.  I am using the working launcher method to install pilfered store stuff with only a few hiccups (I can install everything except the Gothic, New Year, and New Orleans sets).  My problem comes in trying to uninstall store items, I always get a file not found error, same results with the updated launcher too.  I've looked around for a fix or a 3rd part program to do the job with no luck.  Has anyone else run into this and found a work around? 
u
Bonus: since I haven't seen this addressed elsewhere, has anyone else noticed their fences are solid when they shouldn't be?  The iron fences no longer have any spaces and are totally unusable in my game.
The store items are Sims3packs stored by default in your Downloads folder.  Just open the folder and delete whatever you don't want (or, alternatively, move it to another location for safekeeping).  There is also an uninstall button in the launcher ~ I assume this is what is not working for you when you refer to the error.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Simstatic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 13, 19:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

u
The store items are Sims3packs stored by default in your Downloads folder.  Just open the folder and delete whatever you don't want (or, alternatively, move it to another location for safekeeping).  There is also an uninstall button in the launcher ~ I assume this is what is not working for you when you refer to the error.

Deleting the Sims3packs in the downloads folder does not delete them from the game.  I delete all mine (my preference) and I have everything in my game. Smiley
kodawaruonna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 13, 20:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The store items are Sims3packs stored by default in your Downloads folder.  Just open the folder and delete whatever you don't want (or, alternatively, move it to another location for safekeeping).  There is also an uninstall button in the launcher ~ I assume this is what is not working for you when you refer to the error.

Deleting stuff from the Downloads folder doesn't remove it from the game, only from the list of Downloads.  I have done this before (mostly by accident) and the items still show up in-game.  I think I would need a way to selectively edit the dbc files in the DCCache, but since the individual file names would make no sense anyways, I'm not even going to bother figuring how to go about that.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the eventual community supplied launcher replacement and put up with a cluttered game for now.  Roll Eyes
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 13, 23:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this only for sims3packs or do package files also stay there. This does concern me. What happens i foyu take out outdated stuff yet they still linger in the DCC Cache? Is this only post 1.8/2.3 or has it always been that way?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
kodawaruonna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 15, 02:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this only for sims3packs or do package files also stay there. This does concern me. What happens i foyu take out outdated stuff yet they still linger in the DCC Cache? Is this only post 1.8/2.3 or has it always been that way?

It only affects files installed by the Launcher, so Sims3packs.  The problem only occurs if you have 1.8/2.3.  I think its the game not recognizing pirated files.  Even though they show up in the Launcher, when you go to uninstall it fails a check or something, so they stay installed and cannot be removed without deleting files from the DCC Cache.
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 15, 03:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466

This might help you.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
kodawaruonna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 16, 19:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3Viewer was not made to install/uninstall objects, nor can in filter through sets or install/remove store stuff.  It's okay, I'm content to wait at this point.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: