More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:22:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can I transfer my sims from one neighbourhood into a newly made neighbourhood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can I transfer my sims from one neighbourhood into a newly made neighbourhood?  (Read 3321 times)
gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Can I transfer my sims from one neighbourhood into a newly made neighbourhood?
« on: 2010 January 12, 10:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might want to do that later on. Is it possible?

Written
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can I transfer my sims from one neighbourhood into a newly made neighbourhoo
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 12, 10:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, with a few caveats: Transfer complete extended famblies as a single unit, never seperately, or you will get dupes and lost connections. You may have to move them in together to accomplish this. Collections of friends you wish to keep as friends must also be moved in such a way (With their extended famblies), or else these connections will also be lost.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Can I transfer my sims from one neighbourhood into a newly made neighbourhoo
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 12, 10:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, with a few caveats: Transfer complete extended famblies as a single unit, never seperately, or you will get dupes and lost connections. You may have to move them in together to accomplish this.

Oh no.. I got more than 5 families  Embarrassed

Written
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 12, 10:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't really a problem. You will just have to use AwesomeMod to disable the 8-sim cap, then Edit Town to merge them all into a single fambly, rip them out as a unit, move them into the new neighborhood, then split them up again. Or, if they are unrelated to each other, they can be moved seperately.

And if you're not using AwesomeMod, you can't really have more than one fambly to begin with anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Can I transfer my sims from one neighbourhood into a newly made neighbourhood?
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 14, 14:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan has a mod that I have not tried called the Packer which does this. I haven't tried it at all as I use Pescado's method. Or I just kill everyone off an start from scratch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: