More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:48:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Launcher will not install pilfered store items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Launcher will not install pilfered store items  (Read 10542 times)
graphico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Launcher will not install pilfered store items
« on: 2009 December 19, 16:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you ask: yes, I know that search is my friend. I searched, but, alas, did not find. Maybe I am too stupid to see the that the answers are right in front of me; in that case, I humbly accept any ridicule that you may care to fling my way.

I am terrified of the Grammar Police.

I have the base game (duh), patched to 1.2.whatever, and WA patched to 2.33.whatever. Both these are legitimate DVD editions, even registered in my name, how responsible! I also installed CAW out of curiosity, but its unfriendliness gave me a shocking headache and I uninstalled it.

I have always found it easier to get the store stuff from That Thread in the Pudding factory, installing it later on my dedicated Sims 3 computer which is not connected to the net.

When I originally installed WA, I had the issues of the empty blue lots and the much dreaded Error Code 16, so I stupidly uninstalled and reinstalled both base game and WA. I did not know that there was a workaround, and I was terribly anxious to start playing. In any case, the issue is that I deleted all custom content when uninstalling, and I never had the chance to re-install all my lovely CC until today.

Merrily going along, and with a song in my heart, I attempted to install the store stuff downloaded from you-know-where, using EA's distressing launcher. All non-store stuff installed without a problem, but all my lovely pilfered store things refused to install. It shows the little installation window and even kindly tells me that it was successful in installing, but the item stays in the "Downloads" tab, without the little icon that indicates that it has been installed, and does not show up in either the "Installed Content" tab, or in the game for that matter.

I have tried the convoluted directions of changing the Resource.cfg file and moving it all over the place, among other things, without success.

I just know my Sims will suffer a slow and painful death if I can't give them custom content from EA. The Modern Minimalist set is to die for!

Please help.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Launcher will not install pilfered store items
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 19, 16:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an issue with the newest patch. Here you go. There are some fixes in there, and some people who came up with some solutions to this problem.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
graphico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 19, 17:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just trudged through 13 pages of posts, as suggested, trying different suggestions. No luck. It seems that I am in a unique position in that I am trying to install the CC after installing the patch. The workaround does not work for me. I have a shocking headache. Again.

I will now try uninstalling once again. Then installing the base game. Then installing WA. Then installing the CC. Then installing the patch. Then constructing the workaround. Then checking if it works. How to waste three hours.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 19, 18:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try this thread as well.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Querry
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 11, 05:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will now try uninstalling once again. Then installing the base game. Then installing WA. Then installing the CC. Then installing the patch. Then constructing the workaround. Then checking if it works.

Did it work? I'm having the same problem, and I can't figure out how to fix it either, despite all my looking-through-threads  Undecided
cathybb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 12, 17:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An easy solution is found in this post.   http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17843.0.html
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 12, 19:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found if I put the raw package files in my mods folder they slowed down the game ridiculously.  But, if I merged them according to Anach's brilliant strategy, they worked great.  Here is the Link for the merge instructions: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17746.0.html

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: