More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:35:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Run, sim, run
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Run, sim, run  (Read 45784 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Run, sim, run
« Reply #50 on: 2011 April 04, 06:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There already are teleporters. They do a lot more than simply take you down the stairs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2011 April 04, 07:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you actually want them to shuffle slowly for some reason, you could just pick that option: Automatic should automatically choose the best option.
but that's what i'm saying: with manual navigation enabled, the options automatic/walk/run don't work. sims will just run anyway.
I like manual navigation, so i wanted we could turn off the "always run" but leave manual navigation on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011 April 04, 08:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, you're saying walk doesn't work? Even after you've done the resetwalk stuff?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2011 April 04, 15:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only complaint about running is that sims can't run down the stairs, too. We really need a banister-sliding animation.
Or the teleporters from TS1.

testingcheatsenabled true Shift-click the ground. Choose Teleport to Here.

Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011 April 04, 16:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There already are teleporters. They do a lot more than simply take you down the stairs.
Aren't those one-way only? Never bought it since I'd rather spend my points on other rewards.

testingcheatsenabled true Shift-click the ground. Choose Teleport to Here.
Sims can't autonomously do that.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011 April 04, 17:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't those one-way only? Never bought it since I'd rather spend my points on other rewards.
use your phone to 'teleport home' if you have the teleport pad.

Okay, you're saying walk doesn't work? Even after you've done the resetwalk stuff?
Oh, I see. I don't think resetwalk is related to this. (oh and resetwalk returns 'unknown command' when i type)
It's not a walkstyle stuck to my sims. choosing walk works, i just tested.
it's just that manual navigation makes automatic = run. they never walk if the 'go here' option is on automatic, and they normally would if the distance was within 20 steps or so.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011 April 04, 17:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. I don't think resetwalk is related to this. (oh and resetwalk returns 'unknown command' when i type)
It's not a walkstyle stuck to my sims. choosing walk works, i just tested.
Working as designed, then.

it's just that manual navigation makes automatic = run. they never walk if the 'go here' option is on automatic, and they normally would if the distance was within 20 steps or so.
Automatic is made to choose the smartest navigation mode, meaning, the one which will get you to actually GO HERE. This is thus working as designed: Automatic should actually choose the correct thing to do, not the dumbest thing to do and force you to override it every time.

Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2011 April 04, 18:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they walk as normal when interacting with objects, then what's the problem? I thought "go here" was if you wanted them to actually go somewhere, not just move around the house.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2011 April 04, 21:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm reading this correctly, I think he wants manual navigation to default to "walk" instead of "run".  If that's correct, you're probably S.O.L., little snowflake.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2011 April 05, 03:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working as designed, then.
I figured now you made it that way on purpose.

If they walk as normal when interacting with objects, then what's the problem? I thought "go here" was if you wanted them to actually go somewhere, not just move around the house.
If I'm reading this correctly, I think he wants manual navigation to default to "walk" instead of "run".  If that's correct, you're probably S.O.L., little snowflake.
I use 'go here' a lot, especially on parties, just to move sims  from the yard to the living room or to move 2 sims to another room prior to interacting, etc, so i found manual navigation usefull.
You see, there's no information about the 'running aspect' of the manual navigation on the config tool. it just says it allows you to queue more than 1 'go here' command. So naturally i though it was a bug because they started running all around, everytime, and that just looked weird.
The default Automatic makes them run if the distance is something more than 30-40 steps away. if its nearer they'll walk.
Automatic from Manual Navigation makes them run if the distance is more than 3 steps away.
« Last Edit: 2011 April 05, 03:52:40 by linolino » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2011 April 05, 18:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, because unlike EAxis, who apparently halfassed it, I actually took a stopwatch and timed it to determine the breakpoint at which the speed gain was offset by the warp drive powerup, and experimentally determined that this occurred around the 3 tile mark.

Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2011 April 05, 19:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, because unlike EAxis, who apparently halfassed it, I actually took a stopwatch and timed it to determine the breakpoint at which the speed gain was offset by the warp drive powerup, and experimentally determined that this occurred around the 3 tile mark.

I can't believe you accuse EAxis of half-assedly tuning behaviors in Sims games.

You're giving them too much credit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: