More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:12:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Installing Awesomemod - the simple explanation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installing Awesomemod - the simple explanation  (Read 53633 times)
Alexina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Installing Awesomemod - the simple explanation
« on: 2011 February 03, 13:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the documentation on how to install Awesomemod was a little vague in some areas and using outdated information and could be what is confusing a lot of newbies who are wondering why it isn't working for them.  This should help guide newbies who want a simple guide without the hassle of searching through other websites to find out what else they're missing.

You'll need these following files:

1. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder and unzip the framework.zip into that folder.
2. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods folder and place the resource.cfg file for all game modifications there.
3. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder and unzip the awesome.zip into that folder.

That's all there really is to it, nice and simple.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 13, 16:38:59 by Alexina » Logged

I'm outta here, had enough of these MATY wassacks.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Installing Awesomemod - the simple explanation
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 03, 14:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As if this is going to make all the stoopid questions go away, if anything it'll make moar. Don't try to hold anyones hand, it's not the MATY way.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 03, 14:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As if this is going to make all the stoopid questions go away, if anything it'll make moar. Don't try to hold anyones hand, it's not the MATY way.

"ZAMG, WUT'S A ZIP?  WUT'S A FRAMEWERK?  HOW DO YOU INSTALL AWSIMMAUD??!?!??!?!?!!11?  WILL THIS CONFLIC WITH MY 9000 PIECES OF FAFFY ELF SHIT AND WEEABOO CRAP?"

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 February 03, 17:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"ZAMG, WUT'S A ZIP?  WUT'S A FRAMEWERK?  HOW DO YOU INSTALL AWSIMMAUD??!?!??!?!?!!11?  WILL THIS CONFLIC WITH MY 9000 PIECES OF FAFFY ELF SHIT AND WEEABOO CRAP?"

That was far too legible.

Wouldn't it be more like: OMG! wats iz zip? why dusnt awsum mod work? i cant it 2 work!! it wont work!!! BAWL!!!! it sez sumthink ab2 conflit? lol plz reply!!!!!!!1111eleventyfuckingone!

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 February 03, 17:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're not computer literate, don't even bother installing mods.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 February 03, 20:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're not computer literate, don't even bother installing mods.

YOU'D THINK IT WOULD WORK THAT WAY, RITE?

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Alexina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 February 06, 21:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know people will still ask questions if they got a mind made of swiss cheese, I lost my patience with those types long ago.  Was hoping this simple explanation would at least help those who are more inbetween and kinda know what they're doing but are still a little stuck and new to using mods.  They're the newbies, not the noobs.  Big difference. Tongue

I'm outta here, had enough of these MATY wassacks.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 February 06, 21:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know people will still ask questions if they got a mind made of swiss cheese, I lost my patience with those types long ago.  Was hoping this simple explanation would at least help those who are more inbetween and kinda know what they're doing but are still a little stuck and new to using mods.  They're the newbies, not the noobs.  Big difference. Tongue

Since when does being new prevent one from using a search field?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 February 06, 22:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't, but a nice, concise, modern thread with instructions is better than three or four old ones you piece together. I say - good idea - let's wait for empirical evidence before anyone claims that it won't work.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 March 29, 16:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do this, I load the game, but I don't get passed past the loading screen?.

Answered in your other thread.  Please do not bring up the same issue in more than one thread.  In a nutshell, if it is not working, you have either NOT installed the mod or framework correctly, or your mod conflicts with some other mod.  As this is a core mod THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Also corrected your spelling and grammar at no extra cost.

Tribulatio proxima est
AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 April 02, 16:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bit of a question based on this tutorial.

Awsomemod worked fine for me until I got late night, then just wouldn't work at all. So i did fresh install, and followed your instructions here(even though I normally place it in TS3 or the newest expansion pack) and it gives me a pop up now 'non core mismatch' but the game WILL continue to load.

Once loaded and IN a game, as long as im paused, i can use most of the mod, but the second I unpause the game freezes up(music continues to play, etc)

I have 2 questions, Why, first off, is it detecting a 'core mismatch' when awsomemod is the ONLY thing I have installed(following your precise instructions Cheesy) and 2: Why is it locking up on unpause.
trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 April 02, 18:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bit of a question based on this tutorial.

Awsomemod worked fine for me until I got late night, then just wouldn't work at all. So i did fresh install, and followed your instructions here(even though I normally place it in TS3 or the newest expansion pack) and it gives me a pop up now 'non core mismatch' but the game WILL continue to load.

Once loaded and IN a game, as long as im paused, i can use most of the mod, but the second I unpause the game freezes up(music continues to play, etc)

I have 2 questions, Why, first off, is it detecting a 'core mismatch' when awsomemod is the ONLY thing I have installed(following your precise instructions Cheesy) and 2: Why is it locking up on unpause.

I have no idea on the second item, but the first sounds like a patching issue.  Are all of your stuff/expansion packs fully patched?
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 April 02, 18:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was with Madame Mim on this until the Darkwolf post. Since there are now easy instructions to follow, when the idiots fuck up installing awesomemod they will be even less likely to realize that they do in fact have their heads up their asses and thus SEARCH for an answer to their problem.

@Darkwolf: did you remove the previous framework and all its attendant files? Are you sure? Still not working? If you SEARCH you will find all of the myriad idiot mistakes previous idiots have made whilst installing awesomemod and will thus avoid looking like more of an idiot yourself.

And in an effort to rescue the original purpose of this thread: just in case it is not already ridiculously, painfully, obviously clear that the MATY directive (posted ad nauseam) to SEARCH MOAR applies to everyone, even if you are not Darkwolf, please use the SEARCH box at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: 2011 April 03, 00:06:25 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 April 02, 20:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was with Madame Mim on this until the Darkwolf post. Since there are now easy instructions to follow, when the idiots fuck up installing awesomemod they will be even less likely to realize that they do in fact have their heads up their asses and thus SEARCH for an answer to their problem.

@Darkwolf: did you remove the previous framework and all it's attendant files? Are you sure? Still not working? If you SEARCH you will find all of the myriad idiot mistakes previous idiots have made whilst installing awesomemod and will thus avoid looking like more of an idiot yourself.

And in an effort to rescue the original purpose of this thread: just in case it is not already ridiculously, painfully, obviously clear that the MATY directive (posted ad nauseam) to SEARCH MOAR applies to everyone, even if you are not Darkwolf, please use the SEARCH box at the top of the page.
Oh gee no, I didn't remove anything since the HARD-DRIVE it was installed to burnt out and is at this time, sitting in the trash bin behind me. LOL

It was a complete, fresh install of all the ep's (in order) and updated this morning.

What it WAS(And I knew this before i asked, I just wanted to see if you would catch on, and the search on this forum is junk, can't ever get a decent result) was there is 2 resource.cfg's, one in the root(if u want to call it root) in documents/sims3, and another inside mods. When I removed the one within the mods folder, it fired up fine.(no 'core mismatch' warning) but still froze up when I actually got game loaded and unpaused. Removing the other resource and the package files fixed this(As it removes AM)

And I just LOVE your welcoming attitude (First time posting, but long time reader)
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 April 02, 20:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a long time reader, you seriously expected a welcoming attitude here at MATY   Huh
AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 April 02, 20:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sarcasm don't translate to text so well Tongue

But the truth of it is, most posts on this forum, are old, Some more than a year old.

The 'new' posts on this subforum where we 'should' go for AM help are no different.

Telling someone to search(And really, WHAT do you search to find a decent result?) is just.. stupid. Yet that's pretty much what any of you nimrods do. 'GO AWAY NOOB, SEARCH' when the truth is you prob have no IDEA whats being asked, and just want to test your flamethrowers Cheesy

And this thread here could solve many of these problems, a simple: Have you checked this or that' ad not in a overly complicated way. No i don't think you should attempt to teach some idiot how to switch his computer on, but you SHOULD understand that not everyone who comes here(hell not even many) would be modders with a full understanding of how modding works.

Truth is, people 'ASK' because they don't WANT to be ignorant anymore. (Well usually, I have to admit, ive seen some pretty stupid questions asked in the past)

(And this tutorial is a lot simpler than the original one, first time I came here back when it was just sims3, it took me 2-3 re-reads to get what to do, this one was a simple, 3 step process)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 April 02, 21:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sarcasm came across fine. I think the comprehension is broken at your end.

This current request to search was for others who had failed similarly. Our other usual refrain is "you're doing it wrong" and that usually covers the kind of incomplete error reports delivered here as well as generally covering people who can't/don't search and/or are incapable of reading instructions.

I myself have been on the receiving end of these instructions. They are a sign that, if my problem really is unique and not just a comprehension failure on my end, I need to research the posts that did get answered. Clear concise and COMPLETE descriptions of problems, with evidence of afore-thought are more likely to receive helpful responses from those people around here most likely to be able to help.

As my sister tells her two year old, "Use your words, mummy doesn't understand tantrum."
« Last Edit: 2011 April 03, 13:19:23 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 April 02, 21:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

K fixed the issue(I think) and the 'fix' baffles me.

I basically just reinstalled LN, then patched again. After that it seems to run fine.

( I Have no blithering clue why it worked THIS time and not last, since Absolutely nothing was changed, just fired disk in and 'uninstalled' when it asked, and reinstalled, patched.)

trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 April 02, 21:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I basically just reinstalled LN, then patched again. After that it seems to run fine.

( I Have no blithering clue why it worked THIS time and not last, since Absolutely nothing was changed, just fired disk in and 'uninstalled' when it asked, and reinstalled, patched.)

Did you patch via the launcher?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 April 02, 21:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well see here's the thing, it's NEVER Awesomemod. So contrary to belief, you're doing it wrong, search moar and try again. What other advice can one give that hasn't been given already?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 April 02, 23:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sarcasm don't translate to text so well Tongue
Sure it does, if you have even a middling grasp of 1) sarcasm and 2) the English language.

But the truth of it is, most posts on this forum, are old, Some more than a year old.
As long as it answers your question what fucking difference does it make how old the post is?

The 'new' posts on this subforum where we 'should' go for AM help are no different.
Where you should go is the SEARCH box, and if you use the advanced search option you can sort your results via date.

Telling someone to search(And really, WHAT do you search to find a decent result?) is just.. stupid. Yet that's pretty much what any of you nimrods do. 'GO AWAY NOOB, SEARCH' when the truth is you prob have no IDEA whats being asked, and just want to test your flamethrowers Cheesy

And this thread here could solve many of these problems, a simple: Have you checked this or that' ad not in a overly complicated way. No i don't think you should attempt to teach some idiot how to switch his computer on, but you SHOULD understand that not everyone who comes here(hell not even many) would be modders with a full understanding of how modding works.

Truth is, people 'ASK' because they don't WANT to be ignorant anymore. (Well usually, I have to admit, ive seen some pretty stupid questions asked in the past)
As kissing_toast said, if you can't get Awesomemod to work you are doing something wrong -- and it's usually one of the SAME FEW FUCKING MISTAKES that pop up over and over and over again. But of course YOU are that one, speshul snowflaek who deserves to be spoon-fed answers rather than searching.

And, what do you know, I see that in your case your Late Night EP wasn't patched properly. Holy shit! Now that has never, ever happened to anyone else. (Oh, look: sarcasm.)

(And this tutorial is a lot simpler than the original one, first time I came here back when it was just sims3, it took me 2-3 re-reads to get what to do, this one was a simple, 3 step process)
That's because the framework (optionally) changed with Ambitions. If you really had searched you'd know this -- along with the fact that leaving files in more than one location is an often repeated mistake that causes problems with Awesomemod.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 April 03, 09:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect lots of things baffle you, like shoelaces, and the punchlines to Bazooka Joe comics.

AtmaDarkwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 April 03, 10:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect lots of things baffle you, like shoelaces, and the punchlines to Bazooka Joe comics.

And all it takes is a little well thought out one liner like this to make you feel better about yourself?

Only took you what, 6 hours to come up with that one? Cheesy

Your flame-fu is weak.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 April 03, 16:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or it could possibly be that he hasn't logged on until now.  No one cares enough to hover over the thread.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: