More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:59:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Skill Journal just for gardening vanished?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skill Journal just for gardening vanished?  (Read 2682 times)
firebox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Skill Journal just for gardening vanished?
« on: 2010 January 11, 01:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My girl is a level 10 gardener and has harvested thousands of fruits and vegetables, and at some point her skill journal went blank, and she cannot plant life fruit.  I assume I corrupt my skill journal file or something alone those lines by crashing my program while having it open.  All my other Sims can plant and garden fine, and I have transferred her to another computer and she still has the same issue so it is an issue specific to her character.  I knew she had no character...

This may very likely be an EA issue, but before I go to the EA bored *yawn*  I figured I would ask here if anyone has experienced this happening?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

King Arthur: A Duck. Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood. Sir Bedevere: And therefore... Peasant 2: ...A witch!
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Skill Journal just for gardening vanished?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 11, 08:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem with an "cooking ingredients overhaul" mod from mts.info
When i removed it, because of WA, the gardening journal went blank, but only for sims that had accomplished at least one challenge in the gardening skill, it's obvious why. Perhaps this is your problem as well? Or something similar?
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 11, 09:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is most certainly gardening skill journal corruption. This can happen due to a plant mod removal, like mine or link and roast plants one, or due to a save file corruption. The only way that I know to fix this involves Neighborhood Workshop at http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350770. You have to go to that characters properties and into his garden skill and see if there is anything strange.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 11, 17:47:14 by blackcat » Logged
firebox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 11, 16:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem with an "cooking ingredients overhaul" mod from mts.info
When i removed it, because of WA, the gardening journal went blank, but only for sims that had accomplished at least one challenge in the gardening skill, it's obvious why. Perhaps this is your problem as well? Or something similar?

Well at the time, I didn't have any mods installed, but I think it happened when I uninstalled WA.  So perhaps that is what corrupted the file.

Blackcat, thanks for the link I will go there and check out my file and see if I can repair it. 

Thanks to both of you.

King Arthur: A Duck. Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood. Sir Bedevere: And therefore... Peasant 2: ...A witch!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: