More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:05:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Need help making a waiter/waitress
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need help making a waiter/waitress  (Read 4385 times)
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Need help making a waiter/waitress
« on: 2010 January 13, 22:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently making npcs by spawning them from the towine/npc gun.  Everything has gone according to plan, but I hit a glitch when I started making the nightlife npcs.  The gun has options to make the chef, gypsy, djs, hosts, and vamps.  Unfortunately, I don't see the option for creating a waiter/waitress. 

So, here is the question:  Do any programs give the option to make an existing sim into a waiter/waitress? 
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Need help making a waiter/waitress
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 13, 23:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have OFB?  If so, you could buy the lot and hire sims for the job.  That probably isn't the way you're wanting to go, since it has limitations.  Maybe someone who knows more about this can fill in.  In any case, be careful with the npc creator gun.  All the sims you choose not to keep are still given character files, and creating them in mass quantities will needlessly add to loading times. I learned that the hard way.   Undecided
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 14, 00:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually wanted them to be game generated and made specifically for the eating establishments downtown.  Yes, I have OFB but I detest running buisnesses.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 14, 00:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could probably just cheat the business into a running state with BRY and motherlode and then just never play that family again.  When your other sims go to the lot, it'll probably just behave like a standard community lot restaurant, except that you'll see the employees getting paid from time to time.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 14, 02:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okies, I'll try to be more specific.  I'm currently in the middle of a big project.  I'm taking the new merged hood (found in peasantry) and inserting all the premade townies and service npcs that were taken out of it.  I'm an insane completist, I guess.  With all that said, I've made clones of all the townies and service npcs.  I then will be putting said clones on top of the npcs/townies that I spawned with the gun.  Your ideas are great, but not quite what I'm trying to achieve.

P.S.  I'm still perplexed as to why these seem to be the only service npcs not included on the gun.   
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 14, 11:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The waiter/waitress is not a nightlife npc. It's a base game one. Maybe you look in the wrong direction of the townie gun?
Kitten
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 14, 12:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely not the base game. The outfits come with nightlife so that should be were to find them, but maybe EA have made a mistake (they're certainly experts in that area) and it's elsewhere?

'To err is human, to really screw up you need a computer.' anonymous
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 14, 18:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Experts indeed!  I looked under every option available with no luck.  Very strange, yes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: