More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:50:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Funny but Baffling
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Funny but Baffling  (Read 5218 times)
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Funny but Baffling
« on: 2010 January 05, 21:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 3 has pissed me off to no end, so I broke down and bought Apartment Life to give me something new to play with. Trying out the room mate option, and one day, just because, she wakes up out of bed with a pterodactyl on her head. I have never even seen this object in buy mode, vacation stories or anything else, but there it is. Making her selectable, changing image etc. does not get rid of this inexplicable eyesore. I guess it's not a huge problem, maybe resetSim would fix it, but damn if it isn't just bloody bizarre...

Nitroglycerine
Blathering Buffoon

Cross over to the dark side

View Profile
Re: Funny but Baffling
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 05, 21:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem before with one of my sims, only with a pink flamingo instead of a pterodactyl.
Resetsim fixed it for me but as I don't have apartment life it might be a bit different for you

I can send people to your house... Bad people!   INTJ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 05, 21:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

moveobjects on, go into Buy mode, and select it and delete.

Did you recently delete some CC? I've had pedestals and oddities stuck to sim after deleting accessory files.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 05, 21:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, that flamingo must have looked hilarious. Anyhow, thanks for the quick reply. I think I might leave her as she is, she's a dumbar roomie I care nothing for, so I'll just pretend she's crazy or something, make a story line out of it...
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 05, 22:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is such a great glitch. I'd leave it in too.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 08, 00:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got an apartment neighbor on one of my lots with a lamp stuck to her hip.  When she walks, it wiggles around and looks like it's stuck up her butt.  I know how to get rid of it, but it's too hilarious - I think I have screenshots of it somewhere on my other computer.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 08, 01:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem before with one of my sims, only with a pink flamingo instead of a pterodactyl.
Resetsim fixed it for me but as I don't have apartment life it might be a bit different for you.

Stop neglecting fullstops! This is not the first time I've noticed this. It is really bugging me for some reason. It makes it look as if you've been attacked mid-thought and just hit enter in the rush to defend yourself. Also, whilst I'm being picky, there was really no need to hit enter between those two sentences was there?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 09, 04:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thread title has me googling 'Butt Baffling' for the lulz.

*I am aware that the title was spelled properly. Shoosh.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 10, 13:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use move_objects to yank the pterodactyl off her head and delete it.  Or put it someplace on a shelf as a keepsake. If you wish to intentionally cause it, pterodactyls may also be intentionally placed on sims' heads in much the same way. Placing a pterodactyl (or other object) on a sim's head may interfere with the functioning of aspiration reward helmets. Placing a pterodactyl on the head of a visitor will result in the loss of the pterodactyl when the visitor leaves the lot. For bonus points, place watermelons in every sim's head.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: