More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:43:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Feed an omni plant are phail
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Feed an omni plant are phail  (Read 6643 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Feed an omni plant are phail
« on: 2010 January 10, 13:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Planted 3 of these little buggers and the feed option fails to generate a sub-menu for action. Clicking the feed button does nowt: as in game makes a button click sound button but the four options (feed, dispose, view check on diet) remain stubbornly static. Check diet confirms that plants have not yet been fed.

The only gardener in the fambly is maxed out on gardening skill, but has yet to gain the master planter and farmer "awards"; is this significant? One possibility is that he inherited the plants from his now deceased father who died shortly after planting them. If that's the case the situation clearly sucks.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Feed an omni plant are phail
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 10, 13:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I actually HAD an omniplant, I could look. Since I don't, you will have to wait until I actually have a test case. Or send me yours.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 10, 13:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I actually HAD an omniplant, I could look. Since I don't, you will have to wait until I actually have a test case. Or send me yours.

The whole saved game? Which files would you need?

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 10, 13:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 10, 17:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen with a few Omni plants. I had some I could feed just fine and some that were borked the same way as yours. I ended up deleting them and planting new ones. Those worked fine.
Anyone can feed an Omni plant. Try the one behind the Science building in Sunset Valley. I don't know if/where one exists in Riverview. In my borked game the one at the Science center was borked, too.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 10, 19:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omni plants are at Science Centers in Riverview and Sunset Valley. You can feed them and view their diet.

Pardon my drunken haze. It's 2PM and I just woke up and didn't see the prior response. But here is a different question, can anyone actually feed these Omni plants since they're on community lots? I do know there is a Mod to do so but, have the recent patches borked that?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 10, 23:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case the F.O.J. is still interested the game file is http://bit.ly/7P753J.

LVRugger: deletion is an option I am avoiding, because the tending sim doesn't have the nuts to order any more.

Shower scream: erm, yeah, right you are. Make mine a double.

me shit
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 11, 20:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

been a couple weeks since I played a sim with enough gardening skill and the opportunity completed to have omni plant seeds, but up until that point, I never had any trouble feeding the plants...and now, since I've got a clean install of everything, it'll be a while before I have omni plant seeds I can have a sim plant.

But, I do have backed up saves of my old games where there are sims with planted omni seeds... so if Pes needs those, I suppose I could upload and supply them...oh wait. I have to install wsftp yet, too. Better add that to the list.

CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 14, 13:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do end up having to replace it, you can always just use "BuyDebug" and plop a new/already grown one in it's place for free.  No nuts required!
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 15, 19:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update on this. Same three plants, lot and sim. Sim has now gained the last gardening milestone and the feed option now works.

me shit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: