More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:45:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Rabbit Hole Venues -what are these Interiors I'm seeing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rabbit Hole Venues -what are these Interiors I'm seeing?  (Read 4670 times)
suzetter
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Rabbit Hole Venues -what are these Interiors I'm seeing?
« on: 2010 January 13, 01:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I zoom into the rabbit hole venues I get glimpses of interiors.  I thought they were backdrops but when I saw the school interior it seemed pretty elaboarate. Also, there are interiors when zooming into places where the windows are covered or opaque (hospital, office building).  I 'm thinking they could be interiors EA abandoned or mabye interiors that would be unlocked at a future date, or they could just be elaborate backdrops. I don't know. The visbility of the interiors is really fleeting because they only last for a frame or two but I've captured a few of them on video and included stills of some of the interior fames in the video so, if inclined,  people could take a look and let me know what they think these interior images are.  I've posted the images on photobucket and the url is below. Your thoughts?

http://s677.photobucket.com/albums/vv132/sirodriguez/Sims%203%20Venue%20Interiors/
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Rabbit Hole Venues -what are these Interiors I'm seeing?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 13, 01:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're just part of the building mesh.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 13, 02:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using awesome mod, 'Fadeobjects off' will allow you to have a better look.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 13, 20:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I 'm thinking they could be interiors EA abandoned or mabye interiors that would be unlocked at a future date, or they could just be elaborate backdrops.

I don't think there's anything there to be unlocked, as they're just part of the building. Hopefully EAxis will eventually do away with the rabbit hole community lot concept, but it's hard to say. I miss my TS2 bars and shops, dammit.

I sing along with elevator music.
suzetter
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can see clearly now.
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 13, 20:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the fade objects off (thank you) and got a clear look at the stuff and it is window dressing for the buildings.

I hate the rabbit holes.  I thinks its a waste of space though I will admit the structures are attractive. Still, I don't think its fair Sims have to leave the country in order to shop or dine out (in view of the simmer).

EA should (and could) at least make the diner, bistro, bookstore and grocery functional.

Hey EA, that would be one way to sell the next EP--have it eliminate Rabbit Holes!

P.S. I'd like the next EP to be based on SUPERSTAR!
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Can see clearly now.
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 14, 01:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S. I'd like the next EP to be based on SUPERSTAR!

I honestly do miss Superstar. Just being better than everyone else in the Sim world made me feel good in the real world. I wouldn't mind that being remade. I just hope that if they do an animals expansion pack they 1. Give it a decent title and 2. Don't make it a waste of a good concept.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 14, 16:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the rabbit holes.  I thinks its a waste of space though I will admit the structures are attractive. Still, I don't think its fair Sims have to leave the country in order to shop or dine out (in view of the simmer).
They don't. You can shop just fine in the rabbitholes. Does having a random annoying character at a cash register really add anything to your shopping experience aside from aggravation when he decides randomly to go AWOL?

EA should (and could) at least make the diner, bistro, bookstore and grocery functional.
Bistro and diner both function, and you can eat outside where you can see them. The rabbitholes are also career workplaces, and their additional functionalities are mostly a bonus.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
modelchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 14, 20:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the rabbit holes.  I thinks its a waste of space though I will admit the structures are attractive. Still, I don't think its fair Sims have to leave the country in order to shop or dine out (in view of the simmer).
They don't. You can shop just fine in the rabbitholes. Does having a random annoying character at a cash register really add anything to your shopping experience aside from aggravation when he decides randomly to go AWOL?
Good grief that is so true. I was screaming at an Egyptian sim the other day for not being at the register when I was ready to order. Just running around playing tag with the other workers like everything's cool.
suzetter
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 14, 20:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely! I like to watch when I play sims.  That's why I turn the monitor on.  I want to watch my sims shop and dine out, look at the places interiors, have my sims browse the racks at the bookstore, read excerpts before deciding to buy, be seated by the hostess, peruse the menu, give a toast at diner, I want all that and more.  I would even like to see 5 finger discount and dine and dash options added.

Bistro and diner both function, and you can eat outside where you can see them. The rabbitholes are also career workplaces, and their additional functionalities are mostly a bonus.

I don't consider having my sim left at the curb (outside) a bonus.  Why can't the invisible working people duck into a door (micro rabbit hole) in each venue -- musicians in rehearsal room, chefs in kitchen, doctors in ER, grocery and bookstore employees could duck into the stock room, ect, and still we'd be able to see their little bubble head and time bar with options menu.  Is this not possible?  Do the one or two working sims really need the whole building?  Couldn't they go into the "worK" room and leave the rest of the building for all the other sims?  I don't know if this is possible but my suspiscion is that it could be. The one thing I am sure of is that I hate the rabbit holes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: