More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:27:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Mod Lag
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Mod Lag  (Read 10088 times)
fantom
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Awesome Mod Lag
« on: 2010 January 09, 23:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone else gets lag after playing with the Awesome Mod. I have a feeling its the story, when I remove the awesome mod all of my lag goes away. The lag starts to show up after three or four days of playing a new game. Ive already tried reducing my graphic settings but this does nothing, this is why I think its the story driver; wouldn't that create more processes? Does anyone have any ideas? I already cleared out my cache folder as well.
My specs are:
AMD 2.2 GHz  dual core
4 gb ram
geforce gtx 275
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
Re: Awesome Mod Lag
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 09, 23:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone else gets lag after playing with the Awesome Mod. I have a feeling its the story, when I remove the awesome mod all of my lag goes away. The lag starts to show up after three or four days of playing a new game. Ive already tried reducing my graphic settings but this does nothing, this is why I think its the story driver; wouldn't that create more processes? Does anyone have any ideas? I already cleared out my cache folder as well.
My specs are:
AMD 2.2 GHz  dual core
4 gb ram
geforce gtx 275

ITS:  Possessive pronoun: belonging to the thing referred to.  The boat came loose from its mooring.

IT'S: Contraction of "it is."  It's time for all these tards to get off the freaking Internet.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 10, 03:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your lag is due to the town getting populated and story progression doing its thing. Awesomemod for most people, has made it run smoother.
fantom
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 10, 04:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a feeling it was because of that. Unfortunately Awesome mod does not reduce the lag. Maybe its time to get a new computer.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 10, 07:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely. After three or four days, you won't have that much population growth. You need more RAMZ.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 10, 07:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, his main problem is probably not his shortage of RAMs, but his shortage of computar. Check how old his CPU is. Thing's ancient.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 10, 18:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely. After three or four days, you won't have that much population growth. You need more RAMZ.

Sims wont use more than 2gig of RAM anyway.

As for system specs, my Wife's computer is much the same spec and the only lag she seems to have is a mild graphical lag in larger houses. On the other hand, I have a PC that's over twice as powerful in almost every regard, but seem to suffer more lag than her, with far less items. However, I do have a town with around 300 sims in it (including service npc) Tongue

shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 10, 20:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last week I was having trouble getting sims to move into town. All of a sudden, everyone wanted to move in. Now, I have over 100 residents and major lag! What is the safest/best way to get rid of excess population short of homicide?  Tongue  Is there a safe way to delete them or get them to leave town? In the past, I have evicted them then chose a new household to play which deletes them from the clipboard but I worry about leaving excess files hidden somewhere that may cause problems later on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 11, 15:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't. If you're running EA story mode, it will randomly decide to either swamp your neighborhood or evict everyone. There is no way to change this. Switching to Awesome Story Mode will cause it not to generate any new sims on its own, but you are still stuck with what you have.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: