More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:11:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Asherton, a neighborhood you can play with: The complete version
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Asherton, a neighborhood you can play with: The complete version  (Read 62027 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Asherton, a neighborhood you can play with: The complete version
« Reply #50 on: 2010 February 24, 00:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even tell you how many times I had to hit that ‘Lots' Conform edges' tool on the same lots.  I'd hit it for one and the one next to it would get off kilter.  I think that it is easier to align if they aren't so close together, but I like my neighborhoods close too. 
Juxtaposition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 February 24, 05:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello again,

I don't know how you would fix this or even if you would care to, it's not really a bad thing just a funny, time consuming one.

My criminal sim got arrested a couple time now and when she does, the cop car parks at the bottom of the hill underneath the whole downtown/rabbit hole area and my sim runs out of the warehouse all the way down the road and around the hill to the cop car so that they can turn around and drive the 2 blocks or so to the jailhouse.

I've never seen anyone so intent on being incarcerated.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 February 24, 06:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, things like that happen in the standard 'hoods. It's not something I would know how to fix in this one and would not be a focus.

I've spent 8 hours so far shoving shit around because every time I fix one thing, something else goes wonky...often on the complete opposite side of the 'hood. Then it will look perfect in CAW/Edit in Game, but be screwed up when I actually export it. Now 6 West Gardner is screwed up again, plus the hospital, plus the whole rear of Capital Hill (Zone B, South Park Ave). So damn frustrating!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Juxtaposition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 February 24, 06:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's because the door to the warehouse is closer to the lower road, but it's funny that the carpool can get her there but the cop can't pick her up.
Maybe you should take a break from the town before you start hating it (or hating it too much?). Sooner or later you'll tweak it all or maybe you won't, either way the town is still more than playable and a million times better than sunset valley.
After bulldozing the park I haven't witnessed any other killer lots, so that's a plus.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 February 25, 17:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, things like that happen in the standard 'hoods. It's not something I would know how to fix in this one and would not be a focus.

I've spent 8 hours so far shoving shit around because every time I fix one thing, something else goes wonky...often on the complete opposite side of the 'hood. Then it will look perfect in CAW/Edit in Game, but be screwed up when I actually export it. Now 6 West Gardner is screwed up again, plus the hospital, plus the whole rear of Capital Hill (Zone B, South Park Ave). So damn frustrating!

This is exactly what the maker of the Overlook Bay at the BBS is saying. How did they manage to make Sunset Valley and Riverview with this tool?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 February 25, 18:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did they manage to make Sunset Valley and Riverview with this tool?

I think we got the dumbed down version...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 February 25, 19:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dumbed down and probably purposely borked.

Mostly fixed version is in personal testing. I say "mostly" because there is a bit of road triangling over by the koi pond now. If I try to fix it, I get several other graphical/terrain anomalies, the worst of which is this:

That's way over on the other side of town. WHY GOD WHY?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 February 25, 19:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can think of that would fix that is: Save, to a package file, all the lots along that road; delete all the lots in CAW; remove the lamp posts (If you don't, the next step won't work properly); re-flatten the terrain; put the lots back in.  What a nightmare!  I don't envy you.  You have your work cut out for you.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 March 02, 16:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'm officially pulling this offering. However, if those who are motivated want to play with the CAW files and see if you can eliminate the bugs, feel free to do so. You can keep it for your use or post fixed files here and you will get half credit. Here are the CAW files.

I've been playing the 'hood since I pulled the files and carpool issues are tempermental. Townie sims (those not actively played or chosen in other households than the one you are focusing on) seem to get to and from work just fine. It is the active household that has issues. I know that the diner, mausoleum, and sometimes the stadium work well, as does the spa and military base once moved one square away from the road. The stadium has intermittant issues. Police, Bistro, and Politics carpools are borked. This can be fixed by manually directing the sim to use a cab or by having them have a bike or Kenspa as primary vehicle. I can't speak for the other career lines as I haven't tested them as extensively.

I still love the 'hood as it is, but do not feel right about subjecting the masses to bugs I personally don't mind working around.
Pics from my own gameplay.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 02, 17:04:16 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 March 05, 14:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks great, is there a fix to the broken links?
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 March 05, 17:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks great, is there a fix to the broken links?

Ok, I'm officially pulling this offering. However, if those who are motivated want to play with the CAW files and see if you can eliminate the bugs, feel free to do so. You can keep it for your use or post fixed files here and you will get half credit. Here are the CAW files.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2010 March 06, 05:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazuzu, this might fix your road tears. Go to View and select the top option, which is to turn on bounding boxes. You'll see that every object on the map has its own small bounding box, but there are also a grid of bounding boxes over the entire map (how many depends on the size of map you used). Now check to see if you have lots that are over-lapping any of the box borders. If there are, delete them.

I can't guarantee this will fix the problems, but I do know lots overlapping the bounding boxes create some nasty, nasty tears in both roads and water.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 March 06, 06:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is exactly what the maker of the Overlook Bay at the BBS is saying. How did they manage to make Sunset Valley and Riverview with this tool?
Slowly and painfully. Remember, it took them years to accomplish this, and they only managed to make TWO, and the second one wasn't even finished at release time and carries a somewhat thrown together feel.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 March 06, 06:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazuzu, this might fix your road tears. Go to View and select the top option, which is to turn on bounding boxes. You'll see that every object on the map has its own small bounding box, but there are also a grid of bounding boxes over the entire map (how many depends on the size of map you used). Now check to see if you have lots that are over-lapping any of the box borders. If there are, delete them.

I can't guarantee this will fix the problems, but I do know lots overlapping the bounding boxes create some nasty, nasty tears in both roads and water.
Thanks for the advice, and I'll keep it in mind for my remake of a TS2 neighborhood of mine. As far as Asherton goes, I no longer care. I've burnt out on it. That's why I said that I'm done and threw the CAW files to the wind.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
ediblebodyparts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 March 06, 15:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I would give fixing things a try and I can already see why you are burnt out on it. I have found so far that sculpting the terrain does not always behave the way it should (using smooth in some areas leave nice jagged polygons), and conform lots is acting really weird. However, I really like Asherton overall and hope I can fix a few things, even if just for myself.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 March 06, 22:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are able to fix it, I would be very grateful if you could upload it to this thread. I get burnt out just building one house (short attention span).

INTJ
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Asherton, a neighborhood you can play with: The unpopulated version
« Reply #66 on: 2010 March 07, 03:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First house built on the smallest lot, in honor of Emma:

Two bed, one bath that will spawn one larvae with Awesomemod. Comes complete with a garden space. I'm building in the normal game and then saving to bin, because doing edit-in-game from CAW with a fully lotted 'hood results in a save process that could trigger epilepsy.

Zazazu:  Where did you get that badass two-story window?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 08, 02:24:35 by jonas » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 March 07, 03:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like two windows set underneath each other-- most likely these by HugeLunatic.

I sing along with elevator music.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 March 07, 04:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigmund wins, Jonas fails at spelling.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 March 08, 02:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  I will definitely get those.  Zazazu - I am so sorry about your name fail.  I had it spelled correctly, but then saw the previous post quote from Regina and thought I was in the wrong! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: