More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 11:38:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  New World: Milton
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New World: Milton  (Read 26394 times)
ooglafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New World: Milton
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 11, 17:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're from Louisiana you'll think it's a good idea to build a town in a flood plain, I guess. All these island neighborhoods need gigantic dikes and pumps and levies all around them like the walls of a medieval fortress.
Dyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 23, 07:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this is an update to my new island world that I have been working on for the past two months, it is an island, a very large island, but the way it's turning out I really think I might transform it into a normal looking town with like a river where the bridges are, it already has a lake. I'm not into the whole island idea either. I don't want towering mountains but how do I get the routing to make the ocean disappear? It seems you have to have a huge mass of land in front of it or something. I will admit the terrain tool with caw is hard to get used to; sometimes frustrating.

I have a lot of my own custom homes, I plan on having like 25 or more fully furnished lots, all of these homes and lots are going to be built by me. Feel free to recommend what you would like to see, I am going to really try and make this world turn out decent.  It has some hills so far but not many... For me though, if I build on a hill, like put lots and roads on hills, it usually makes the land around the lot under the road cover up pieces of my road and it makes me furious. I even checked all the roads during game play to make sure no pieces of land went into the road, I found a few  Sad and corrected them.
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 March 08, 16:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to recommend what you would like to see

Since your interested in what people would like to see in a custom made world, the main thing I look for is lot sizes. I have no use for a world thats filled with custom sized lots because that means I'll most likely have to build my own houses rather than have the option to download houses among the many thousands upon thousands of really nice ready to download and install homes.

And, what I consider custom size lots are sizes such as 21x31, 41x65, 18x12, 32x75, basically sizes that are not standard. What I consider standard lot sizes are sizes that you'd find in Sunset Valley or Riverview such as 20x30, 30x30, 40x30, 40x40, 60x60. So, since 99% of the homes available for download are made for standard lots, and so many of them are really well made, why veer off that path and fill a world with lot sizes that you can't use. Unless of course you'd rather fill your world with houses you built yourself but i've been in this community long enough to know that probably the majority of people would rather download houses than build them. And filling a world with custom size lots is all well and fine if you indeed build all your own houses, but if your intention is to share your world, please consider that lots of people might want the option to just download a bunch of houses and fill your world with them.

I've downloaded alot of worlds that looked great but were filled with lots of custom size lots. I look around the new worlds and wonder what people have against 60x60 lots. Needless to say, not one world has passed my personal test yet so, all those worlds got deleted from my game. Speaking for myself, as much as I'm ready for a change from Sunset Valley and Riverview, I haven't found a world yet that I want to play.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: