More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:09:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking for a program to ISO-ersize Sims 2 collection
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for a program to ISO-ersize Sims 2 collection  (Read 5871 times)
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
Looking for a program to ISO-ersize Sims 2 collection
« on: 2010 January 18, 14:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would like to do is turn all of my Sims 2 EP and SP discs into ISOs, and then consolidate them all on double layer DVD's.  I've tried Alcohol 120%, but I am getting disc errors.  I have tried using the multiple "safedisk" options for the protection type, but I am still getting the errors.  I've also tried "Clone CD", but with the same results.

I was reading the information off of Game Copy World in regards to backing up my collection, which is why I tried Alcohol and also Clone CD.  Does anyone have any suggestions for software they use to ARRR....  err, I mean...  backup up their collection of Sims 2 CD's?
seanzol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Looking for a program to ISO-ersize Sims 2 collection
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 18, 15:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ISO Recorder is decently simple to use, and I know firsthand it works.
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 19, 02:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you've used this to make an ISO of a copy protected disc?  The FAQ clearly states that it won't work, unless they are not admitting anything.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 19, 02:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use AnyDVD as a base, then run the DVD Decrypt for movies. I don't know if that would work for games.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 19, 03:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you've used this to make an ISO of a copy protected disc?  The FAQ clearly states that it won't work, unless they are not admitting anything.

To my knowledge it does work to make an ISO, it's just that you can't get around the copy protection without the right program. So making an ISO of your own games would work, they just won't run on their own and you will need something like Daemontools or MagicISO to actually use them. So what EA says is kinda true, for the average user the iso will not work, for prepared pirates it's all clear sailing.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 20, 22:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal favourite is Alohol 120%.

Not only does it deal with Safedisc and SecuROM, among others, it also comes with emulators so that you never need to touch your discs again.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 20, 23:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal favourite is Alohol 120%.

Not only does it deal with Safedisc and SecuROM, among others, it also comes with emulators so that you never need to touch your discs again.

This is what I'm trying to use, and I just get disc errors.  I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is.  I've selected the different Safedisc options when trying to make an image, but I just get disc errors.  So, I stop the process.  I'm just trying to start with the base Sims 2 game and University.  I've also tried with Sims 1.

Now, I'm wondering --  Should I expect disc errors to pop up and let it continue anyway?

What I want to do is box up my original discs in their cases and put them in storage.  I want to use a DVD with the images on it for my backup.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 22, 00:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. You shouldn't be getting disc errors. You might be using the wrong options, depending on when you bought your discs.

Sims 1, up to Sims 2 (before BV) should be burned with Safedisc options, but if they were purchased after BV, you might need to burn them with SecuROM options. You might need to play with the different Safedisc options to get the right ones. Sims 2 EPs that are after BV, and including BV, should all be burned with SecuROM (not version 7 though).

If all else fails, you can try burning them with general settings, and playing with the settings to get it right. I can't recall exactly what I did, but I know I got them all copied, and I can install and play them all through Alcohol's emulator.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 27, 16:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it to work.  For one, I phailed to check the help topics.  When I did so, it explained that "disc errors" are normal for copyprotected games.  Once I read that, I went ahead and selected "Safedisc" and let err rip.  I was a bit concerned when I saw the LONG list of disc errors, but I just let it keep going.  Eventually it finished.

So far, I've made an ISO of the original Sims and Livin' Large, and they both worked.  Gotta love VMware for testing purposes.  I haven't tried Sims 2 yet, but I'm pretty sure that it will work also.

I've been wanting to consolidate everything all one one DVD, including patches, and official downloadable content and programs.  It's much more convenient for archiving.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: