More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:18:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Pregnant sim had 6 baby boys, and was still pregnant when she got home
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnant sim had 6 baby boys, and was still pregnant when she got home  (Read 12648 times)
alilona
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Pregnant sim had 6 baby boys, and was still pregnant when she got home
« on: 2010 January 08, 20:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim went into labor - yay a baby boy - ooo twins - hey - triplets -- wtf four, five, six babies? I finally manage to get her home by clicking on the return home arrow in the  microsecond before the next baby popped out. Lo and behold, she has no babies and is still pregnant. 4 days later, no baby.

Quit without saving, load up again - same result. Quit without saving load up again, keep her home from the hospital - same result.

Quit without saving, removed Awesome mod, loaded it up, had one baby - pregnancy over - whew!

Anyone else experience anything like this? I am planning on putting AM back in, I'll just adopt from now on, or remove it before the birth

~Ali
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Pregnant sim had 6 baby boys, and was still pregnant when she got home
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 08, 20:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was apparently a "loopy birth bug" happening, but it should be fixed now.  Download a new copy of AwesomeMod and make sure to clear your caches.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Eutherpe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 09, 10:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Yes my Sim had 10 babies and I could not fix it!
firebox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 10, 23:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim had twelve babies and kept going.  I managed to escape by hitting the save button in between naming them, and quit and restarted.  When I did restart, she was still popping them out.  You should have seen the family loading photo, it was hilarious, each parent and the older sister were holding a baby in each hand, and there were baby girls strewn about the floor!  I finally managed to switch families, and then via the switch Sims feature I went back to that family.  What I had then was no more babies and a forever pregnant Sim.  I didn't really know what to do at that point.  So I had her start a non-fiction book on giving birth to "Twentuplets"  Cheesy Twentuplets, When 19's Not Enough.

Hey...  When life give you lemons, you write a book about it right?

Profit, profit, profit

Seriously, it is good to know that she is not the only "Fertile Myrtle" in town.  I suppose it's a fast way to keep your town populated.  

Edit:

Regarding the new version of the Awesome mod that is supposed to fix the baby loopy thing, do you know how long ago that was fixed? If it is more than a few days old it is not working, because my version of AM is only from a couple of days ago.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 11, 00:29:41 by firebox » Logged

King Arthur: A Duck. Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood. Sir Bedevere: And therefore... Peasant 2: ...A witch!
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 11, 04:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it not working on the exact same pregnancy or something completely new? In my game I don't see it and I just had a sim give birth to a healthy baby boy with zero siblings.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 11, 04:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, it should have been fixed as of Jan. 8th when I posted.  However, I don't know if it would have affected pregnancies which existed prior to that date or not. 

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 11, 04:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, it should have been fixed as of Jan. 8th when I posted.  However, I don't know if it would have affected pregnancies which existed prior to that date or not. 

With most pregnancy bugs, once it happens, it is there regardless of taking away the source. So the only way to fix it is to pretty much nuke the effected sims.

They can find out for sure before they do that, though, by going to get someone else pregnant in a completely clean save and fast forward the game through the pregnancy just to see. It won't take that long.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
firebox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 12, 16:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With most pregnancy bugs, once it happens, it is there regardless of taking away the source. So the only way to fix it is to pretty much nuke the effected sims.

They can find out for sure before they do that, though, by going to get someone else pregnant in a completely clean save and fast forward the game through the pregnancy just to see. It won't take that long.

I had awesomeness and then disaster.

My loopy pregnancy actually came to fruition.  At first the mom looked pregnant but sans kids.  In the fambly tree there were listed all the babies.  So as JM advised, I tried to split the them up and was going to delete them in the edit town menu.  However, my game would not let me split them.  It would not even let me remove one adult and one baby into the bin.  So I read up on the Falcon Punch and was prepared to give her a good one.

This is where the awesomeness starts.  Since I had removed them from their home I had to insert them back into a home so as always when going to a new home, the Sims are standing around out front looking dumb and confused, with their kids running around in the street; this was no exception.  Well, okay it was, there were 45 neatly wrapped bundles of pink horror laid out across the front lawn, which spread from one end of the lot to the other end in two rows!  I used MoveObjects to move them all inside cause I don't have time or inclination to watch a sim to carry all these kids. Plus, since there were almost 50 people in the house I had to use space+n to move through the family to even select the parents. At no time did their faces show up in thumbnails.

I built a gigantic nursery, with twenty cribs, 20 potties, toys galore, and then I aged them all to toddlers, except about four of them which I aged to elderly status so I would have some built in babysitters.  They were all identical, which was funny cause they had blond hair, which neither parent had.

So I was left with around 40 baby girls.  A teenage girl (from a previous pregnancy) and my Hubby.

And then the disaster part.  My laptop cord had gone bad and I didn't notice I was playing on battery.  Luckily I have auto save set and it happened to save just before the computer shut down.

I am not sure how the real births actually happened, because I don't think I have the over 8 in a family enabled, because when trying to have more than 8 people live in a house in game I cannot.  I will have to check my configfile.  When I get my laptop back up I will post a screenshot.  Its pretty funny.

The Mitchell Girls are taking over Sunset Valley. Oh think of all the inbreeding.

King Arthur: A Duck. Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood. Sir Bedevere: And therefore... Peasant 2: ...A witch!
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 12, 17:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my God. This is hilarious. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 12, 17:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, saving the game after an error has occurred and continuing to play from that state is STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
firebox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 13, 17:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, saving the game after an error has occurred and continuing to play from that state is STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED.

I am not sure if you are referring to her having 45 babies as the error or my cord going out.    If you are referring to the babies, I think the game was handling the large fambly just fine, so while I think the conception was faulty, she was a  champ recovered.  Even with the huge family the computer was actually not glitchy or slow. 

As for the cord, there was not an actual error in the game before the game saved.  The game was running fine, and then my battery died.  First it went into standby as it does when the power gets low, which alerted me to the problem, so after I woke it back up ti auto save my game, I tried to get a flash drive in to save my game on an external source.  But it shut off too quickly.  I have been having problems with my cord being crabby for awhile, I knew it was on its last wire.  I just have to order a new one from HP.

So...  The game will have crashed right after the save.

Do you think that is still a problem?  Should I reinstall.  So far, knock on wood, the baby glitch and the gardening journal are the only 2 problems I have had with this game.  (not counting the other EA things that the AM fixed.)   

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 13, 17:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was talking about the 45 babies. They are an error symptom. You should not keep playing the game after experiencing an error. Just don't do it. The visible symptoms of an error are only the tip of the iceberg, you'll also have incompletely initialized data structures and bad pointers. They may pop up to unravel your neighborhood later. If you can actually SEE something go wrong, it has DEFINITELY gone wrong and you should abort! Anyway, this issue is closed, as it has been solved already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: