More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:48:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*  (Read 133488 times)
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
Re: a new world, Coconut Island
« Reply #100 on: 2011 January 12, 20:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2011 January 12, 20:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I do love stirring up drama!   Shocked  

muahahahaha....ok not really, I actually don't.  

He is such an idiot.

I know you are but what am I? Wink  Kiss Coconut Island isn't dead, the file was deleted because I was in the process of updating the BETA and then all hell broke loose!  It wasn't deleted because of what you think, you idiot.  Wink  A new update is coming either tomorrow or Friday, I have routing issues that I've been trying to squash!  

This was beautiful btw,  Cry  

Quote from: Kiirkas:
The overlords don't like their Stepford charges behaving in any manner other than permanent circle-jerk group affirmations and "creator" worship, and take action as required to elicit the desired behaviors.  Can't have anyone being "direct" or "honest" over there, it makes the EA teat-suckers cry.

« Last Edit: 2011 January 12, 22:50:56 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2011 January 12, 22:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That DimMirage guy came across as an uptight cock, anyway.  BBSers tend to run in glompy cliques and are worse than Anonymous for "NEVAR FORGIVE; NEVAR FORGET".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2011 January 14, 23:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the latest update if you're interested in checking it out,

sims3pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?ybt04mdtb3vlto4
.world: http://www.mediafire.com/?f68fncj2brpx74k

« Last Edit: 2011 January 17, 19:36:18 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2011 January 15, 16:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The offending thread is right here.  Basically, he made an offhand joke about EA and someone else told him to stop "starting drama."  The BBSers were decidedly immature, but it was a great overreaction to soup from the community and take down his neighborhood.

Ah, but did you not see the thread that allegedly started the whole thing? A heated discussion about the population limits of TS3. Pescado even gets a mention in it. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/312570.page

ETA: Downloaded CI 3.0, Prof, and will check it out.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2011 January 15, 17:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but did you not see the thread that allegedly started the whole thing? A heated discussion about the population limits of TS3. Pescado even gets a mention in it. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/312570.page

I learned my lesson looking at the dimwits in the first thread.  I don't need to touch every burner on the stove.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2011 January 17, 15:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I learned my lesson looking at the dimwits in the first thread.  I don't need to touch every burner on the stove.

OK you are excused! I was really hoping someone with tech/game knowledge would take a look at it anyway, since I'm interested on info on this population cap crap.

Prof P I haven't had much time to play your world yet but so far so good.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2011 January 17, 19:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also curious about the caps.  If what they said were true, that still doesn't answer for why I and others have more than 200 sims in our hood without the game knocking them off.  It was like a barrage of "No" "NO" "NOO!" "Wah! Pescado says so!" "Wah! EA says so!" "Wah, I have friends and they say so too!" so I didn't get any real answer other than being told I'm wrong over and over and over again.   Lips sealed

I edited the links for the update btw. I fixed the major routing issues and removed the CC from HolySimoly.  Also if you're seeing fog everywhere, save and reload the world.  The fire flies and pigeons at Stoney Square will pop back into normal. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2011 January 20, 00:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the funny thing about that thread is that I never said that and none of it is true. It's EAxis Story Progression that's killing off sims impossibly and at random. People still use that shit? And what "censor"? That thread is a load of hooey.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2011 January 20, 01:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised; I saw no real credible evidence mentioned other than hearsay and the quotes of some EA hack. I don't even think deleting your sims while playing the game is a big deal since there are no memories now, if I remember correctly.

But EA SP aside, which we all know is an even bigger load of hooey, those of us who use AM or NRass have seen things like towns that seem to stagnate over time without player intervention. Is that basically related to what your PC can handle? Or will the sims keep multiplying until your PC melts? Or rather, your game becomes a BFBVFS? I'm assuming the pop cap that was added to AM is a way to keep things from getting to that point?
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2011 January 20, 03:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But EA SP aside, which we all know is an even bigger load of hooey, those of us who use AM or NRass have seen things like towns that seem to stagnate over time without player intervention. Is that basically related to what your PC can handle? Or will the sims keep multiplying until your PC melts? Or rather, your game becomes a BFBVFS? I'm assuming the pop cap that was added to AM is a way to keep things from getting to that point?

I am curious about this too. Before my current save got borked (a baby disappeared from the house. Resetsim didn't work, his picture was still in the family list and everything, but he wasn't present. I tried some things that I found via search to fix it but nothing seemed to work. I'd grown bored of the hood anyhow and deemed it a good time to start over.) the town seemed to not really be making anyone get married. Old sims were dying off (the first gen) but none of the second generation were hooking up. Only a new, married couple I added to the game started to have kids. Otherwise, the only kids present in the game were the ones from the house I controlled, and the ones I forcibly made in other houses. So I am curious if it was my computer or what. I didn't have a population maximum set in AM. I have more RAM now and a better video card, so I'm curious to see if I'll hit the same problem in my "reset" hood.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2011 January 21, 22:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I restarted what was essentially the same 'hood twice and got the same results. First gen consisted of about 10 couples and were active; most of them had children. The second gen was a different story. I mainly controlled one sim who I married off but only two of the second gen got married autonomously and they had one child. None of the second gen'ers moved out of their parents' house, not even the two who married. I'm just starting to see my second gen age up to YA in the second hood but so far I'm seeing the same pattern.

Needless to say it would be a drag to have to go around hooking them up with someone and moving them out. Could it be the lack of housing that occurs as a result of too many EA sims moving in? Or the EA sims needed to support jobs, etc.? I'm going to experiment and see if I evict some of the sims that I don't care about so that more housing is available and see if that makes any difference, but I would be interested in any insight you have about this.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2011 January 22, 02:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the funny thing about that thread is that I never said that and none of it is true. It's EAxis Story Progression that's killing off sims impossibly and at random. People still use that shit? And what "censor"? That thread is a load of hooey.

That Reg lady has a thing for you.   Wink She'd bring your name up to prove her point in multiple threads at that forum, like you guys were best friends.  Creepy...

I have an update for the BETA in the first post, if anyone was checking it out/testing.  
« Last Edit: 2011 January 22, 08:36:53 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2011 January 22, 18:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My short list of "oops!s", because I only played for a short time last night:

I chose to move my sim into the Stoney Heights apartment. The fridge is incorrectly placed and needs to be moved 1/2 tile over, the shower is blocked by the toilet in the main bath, and the laundry room door is showing up as an npc door. My only other "issues" so far were due to low population, so, nothing to report on really. 
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2011 January 22, 18:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My short list of "oops!s", because I only played for a short time last night:

I chose to move my sim into the Stoney Heights apartment. The fridge is incorrectly placed and needs to be moved 1/2 tile over, the shower is blocked by the toilet in the main bath, and the laundry room door is showing up as an npc door. My only other "issues" so far were due to low population, so, nothing to report on really.  

There will be sims in the final release, but in the meantime you could use "spawnmoreoverlords" from AM to get between 60-80 sims.  Thanks for the heads up with Stoney Heights!
« Last Edit: 2011 January 22, 19:30:08 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2011 January 23, 03:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I was forgetting something! I don't want to give too much away...the "love nest" door opens without using the key, don't know if this is because of a broken trigger, or if you just haven't set it yet.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2011 January 23, 04:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I was forgetting something! I don't want to give too much away...the "love nest" door opens without using the key, don't know if this is because of a broken trigger, or if you just haven't set it yet.

Yes, I forgot to mention that the tombs/hidden locations are a mess right now.   Wink  It's best to just leave them be if you come across any!  Grin 

There will be two types of tombs on Coconut Island; Quest and Discovery.
Discovery tombs are scattered all over the world, some small, some more involved.  Some are extra hidden locations(like the "love nest") and some are small rewards. They require the "Key to Discovery" which are also hidden around the world.  These keys can open any Discovery tomb, and there will be as many keys as there are locks for them. 
Quest tombs are three large tombs strung together by the Moon, Star and Heart key.  The first key is hidden in the world, and you can't access the other two until you complete the first one.  There are also hidden Discovery tombs within quests, for extra rewards or shortcuts.

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2011 January 23, 15:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prof P, I had an opportunity to play a bit yesterday and so far all I found was that the house at 11 Palm Road has invisible appliances. The sims can use these items autonomously but players can't direct them to use them - when I try to click on them nothing is there, and when I tried to replace them I got a message that I can't intersect other items. It's the refrigerator, the sink in the bathroom on the upper floor, and the toilet on the lower floor. I have more to explore but so far love the additions you've made since the first version of Coconut Island, btw!
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2011 January 23, 23:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prof P, I had an opportunity to play a bit yesterday and so far all I found was that the house at 11 Palm Road has invisible appliances. The sims can use these items autonomously but players can't direct them to use them - when I try to click on them nothing is there, and when I tried to replace them I got a message that I can't intersect other items. It's the refrigerator, the sink in the bathroom on the upper floor, and the toilet on the lower floor. I have more to explore but so far love the additions you've made since the first version of Coconut Island, btw!

Replopping the lot will allow you to delete the objects.  Then just replace them with fresh new ones.  This problem seems to exist in these specific bungalows (there are 3 of them).  Before it was the main trashcan, the upstairs toilet, and the mailbox.  Is the trashcan also effected?  I thought I had fixed it, but it looks like it jumped to other objects instead!  I will probably have to start the lot over from scratch. 

Speaking of starting lots over, anyone want to take a stab at getting stairs into a basement at Coconut Castle?  I wanted to make a lounge down there but I get the foundation error, even though there isn't a foundation! 

kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2011 January 24, 05:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of starting lots over, anyone want to take a stab at getting stairs into a basement at Coconut Castle?  I wanted to make a lounge down there but I get the foundation error, even though there isn't a foundation!

Try this: http://www.4shared.com/file/Ifdd5Lnx/Coconut_Castle.html

I think I got everything I destroyed back into the right places. Didn't know how much space you wanted, so I gave you quite a bit.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2011 January 25, 01:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this: http://www.4shared.com/file/Ifdd5Lnx/Coconut_Castle.html

I think I got everything I destroyed back into the right places. Didn't know how much space you wanted, so I gave you quite a bit.

Thank you for doing that, much appreciated!  Grin  
« Last Edit: 2011 September 10, 05:38:15 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: