More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:29:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*  (Read 133040 times)
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: a new world, Coconut Island
« Reply #75 on: 2010 November 29, 06:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm...let's see what I can find out in my own thread to help you answer this difficult-to-find question...

oh look!

It does not require World Adventures and it has a few items from the Riverview world.  Most recent patch is needed(i would assume at least, as basements were used).  Let me know if you come across any issues.

needs all three expansions, no stuff packs

Kiss

but of course you could always try and see if your computer explodes.   Wink

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 November 29, 18:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... let's see what I can find out in my own thread to help you answer this difficult-to-find* question...

Oh, look!

It does not require World Adventures and it has a few items from the Riverview world.  Most recent patch is needed(I would assume at least, as basements were used).  Let me know if you come across any issues.

needs all three expansions, no stuff packs

Kiss

But of course, you could always try and see if your computer explodes.   Wink
Fixed. Go on with your schizophrenia.

* Fragment, consider revising.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 November 30, 03:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww you're cute. You deleted your post so no one would know you asked a stupid question(if it required WA, which I answered twice in this thread - for those who want context). I bet you felt all warm and fuzzy correcting my grammarz after your fail of a question.  "Yea? YEA? Well...your grammar SUCKS!"  

man I love this site. Grammar bots are so adorable.  Cry

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 November 30, 05:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bottle-o-Tryhard notwithstanding, learn how to use a shift key.  You have TWO.  Imagine the hours of fun you can have alternating between them!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Vispre
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 November 30, 06:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

subways hidden in docks for faster travel(bummer that NPC's don't use them)
Look for kNPCSubwayUseChance in the SimRoutingComponent resource in the Late Night gameplayData.package; that controls the NPC subway usage.
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 November 30, 20:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww you're cute. You deleted your post so no one would know you asked a stupid question(if it required WA, which I answered twice in this thread - for those who want context). I bet you felt all warm and fuzzy correcting my grammarz after your fail of a question.  "Yea? YEA? Well...your grammar SUCKS!"  

man I love this site. Grammar bots are so adorable.  Cry

Post, what post? I don't see a post.
Anyone else see a post?

Paranoid delusions: check.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 November 30, 21:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think Professor Plumbob is not a real professor.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 November 30, 22:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard he did it in the library with a candlestick.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 December 01, 01:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard he did it with a butler in the library using a candlestick.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 December 01, 08:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys make me all grammatically nervous.  I hate love you all. 

I heard he did it with a butler in the library using a candlestick.

It's true.

subways hidden in docks for faster travel(bummer that NPC's don't use them)
Look for kNPCSubwayUseChance in the SimRoutingComponent resource in the Late Night gameplayData.package; that controls the NPC subway usage.

Thank you!  I tested it out last night and it worked perfectly.  Grin  Sims get around so much quicker now.

Shh, don't ruin the twist.

Bottle-o-Tryhard notwithstanding, learn how to use a shift key.  You have TWO.  Imagine the hours of fun you can have alternating between them!

But the pinkies...  Sad Think of the Pinkies!

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 December 01, 16:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shh, don't ruin the twist.

Do you teach under the name Professor Professorson? I am on to you.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2011 January 10, 00:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone happen to have a copy of Coconut Island 3.0 from the Dec 31st update?
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011 January 11, 15:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prof Plumbob is active at Snooty sims too, and he has a thread for Coconut there (link here).

He said there that the final version should be ready within the next 2 weeks. Just a little bit of patience from now on!

Anyhow, the last updates on the official forums were very nice, and I'm much looking forward this world too.

Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011 January 11, 16:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prof Plumbob is active at Snooty sims too, and he has a thread for Coconut there (link here).

He said there that the final version should be ready within the next 2 weeks. Just a little bit of patience from now on!

Anyhow, the last updates on the official forums were very nice, and I'm much looking forward this world too.

You must be unaware of this then.  ProfPlumbob souped from the official forums and took down the Mediafire download for Coconut Island three days ago - the only download of version 3.0, by the way.  Once again, members of the "official" community are/were acting like juvenile asshats.
Clifford
Asinine Airhead

Ye olde Clifforde

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011 January 11, 19:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He is such an idiot. He deletes a world  - no, many months of bloody hard work - only because someone said something 'unpolite'. For me, that is a lack of selfconfidence. Ouh. How bad fot the world. I liked it.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011 January 11, 23:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The offending thread is right here.  Basically, he made an offhand joke about EA and someone else told him to stop "starting drama."  The BBSers were decidedly immature, but it was a great overreaction to soup from the community and take down his neighborhood.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011 January 11, 23:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The offending thread is right here.  Basically, he made an offhand joke about EA and someone else told him to stop "starting drama."  The BBSers were decidedly immature, but it was a great overreaction to soup from the community and take down his neighborhood.

I think if you're gonna soup, soup big.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011 January 11, 23:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh.  Thanks a lot, jeebus.  My soul is all tarnished after wading through the buttery bullshit of the BBS.  God, those people are twinkly and vile.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2011 January 11, 23:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh.  Thanks a lot, jeebus.  My soul is all tarnished after wading through the buttery bullshit of the BBS.  God, those people are twinkly and vile.

Here, some helpful advice from a stranger will fix you right up.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011 January 11, 23:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AUGH!

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011 January 12, 00:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to know what this Other Site is, it sounds naughty.

Anyone else struggling to see why this month's flavour of soup is Coconut Milk? I am at a bit of a loss as to what ACTUALLY happon. So, the "professor" said something about buggy releases, Agger's rival says "don't start", and then suddenly there is Soup? WTF? Where is the dramaz, the intrigue, the OHNOSHEDIN'T? Pah, this is a Soup in a teacup. I WANT TO SEE THE SHIT HITTING THE FAN DAMMIT.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011 January 12, 00:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to know what this Other Site is, it sounds naughty.

Anyone else struggling to see why this month's flavour of soup is Coconut Milk? I am at a bit of a loss as to what ACTUALLY happon. So, the "professor" said something about buggy releases, Agger's rival says "don't start", and then suddenly there is Soup? WTF? Where is the dramaz, the intrigue, the OHNOSHEDIN'T? Pah, this is a Soup in a teacup. I WANT TO SEE THE SHIT HITTING THE FAN DAMMIT.

Squealy BBS bobble-heads will invariably fail to provide the level of shit-flinging your entertainment needs demand.  The overlords don't like their Stepford charges behaving in any manner other than permanent circle-jerk group affirmations and "creator" worship, and take action as required to elicit the desired behaviors.  Can't have anyone being "direct" or "honest" over there, it makes the EA teat-suckers cry.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011 January 12, 10:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must be unaware of this then.
Nope, I had seen the big soupage and drama too. But good news is coming from Snooty Sims:
Quote from: Iggyjd03@snootysims aka ProfPlumbob
Ah! I see you've been to the official forums.   I'm not discontinuing it, I just left that community. I probably should go back there and clear up that I meant the thread and my involvement at that community is *dead* not Coconut Island.   

There were several individuals that were starting to spread around that I like to stir up drama and trouble and I just didn't feel like being apart of that atmosphere anymore. It started when months ago I got into a heated discussion and called someone arrogant and stubborn because they were being stuck in their ways. I didn't really care about that incident and didn't take it personally, until I noticed individual(s) were going around questioning my age, the friends I have, my maturity, my "literary circle", I hold grudges, saying I should be avoided and that I love stirring up drama and targeting people. It turned into character assaults against me and it started influencing how people viewed me there. No point in wasting time having to explain that I wasn't trying to start drama over and over again to people that were influenced by what others were saying. I really liked mingling/helping people there, but it will get to the point of exhaustion if I have to keep explaining that I'm not doing what they're saying. They have a good community, the good far outweighing the bad, but since I seem to be in the "bad" category, it was best that I just left. There are dozens of communities and places to go to, so it's no real biggie. People will find Coconut Island elsewhere, like here!

Anyway!   

It's still alive and kicking, don't worry!
After all, Coconut 1.0 was released a year ago, and the guy has been updating it ever since. So the chance that he would completely discard his work was pretty low.
But this is indeed one of the nicest and biggest dramatic soupage on the EA asylum's forum for a long time, a complete success in fact. And I must confess that somehow, he has all my support and respect on the matter. That got me laughing hard.

Quote from: jeebuschrist
Actually, I think it's only the very last chapter of a longer history of heated discussions with some of the 'resident posters' of the CAW forums. From what I've witnessed from time to time during the last months, ProfPlumbob bravely tried to fight the huge mass of irrationnal beliefs, lies & propaganda, rumors that always float all over the official forum. That was a bit naive and utterly pointless, yet brave. And Kiirkas put it better that I could ever express it:
Quote from: Kiirkas
The overlords don't like their Stepford charges behaving in any manner other than permanent circle-jerk group affirmations and "creator" worship, and take action as required to elicit the desired behaviors.  Can't have anyone being "direct" or "honest" over there, it makes the EA teat-suckers cry.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011 January 12, 18:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

From what appears to be your post in the SnootySims forums:
@Iggy: your 'soupage' from the official forum was noticed at maty (you know them, they love drama and 'lulz'). I allowed myself to post there a copy of the explanations you gave here above. Feel free to burn me and send me to hell if you don't agree (and here is the perfect place for a little laughing icon).

The next time you want to be "helpful" or slag MATY, just fuck off.  You are officially included in the "squealy BBS bobble-head" category I mentioned.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011 January 12, 19:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Kiirkas
You are officially included in the "squealy BBS bobble-head" category I mentioned.
If Your Highness says so, I guess I just have to bow before such an enlightened opinion!

Concerning my comment at SnootySims, I didn't 'slag' Maty as in 'to say cruel or critical things about sb' (I had to look this up in dictionary). My choice of words was maybe not the best one, but I can assure you there was not a hint of critic in my mind. Quite the opposite, it was an affectionate comment for me. Well, obviously I failed!

For the rest, I don't see what was so offensive in my post there. Soupage there was, noticed here it was too. You are the one who revived this thread if I don't mistake. I don't see how copy-pasting here the explanations he gave at SnootySims, and telling him I had, is 'squealy'. Speculations were going on here, and I just added a new piece of information. I told him as a polite gesture. But that's probably what eludes you.

*bobble-head fucks off*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: