More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:29:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*  (Read 133041 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: a new world, Coconut Island
« Reply #50 on: 2010 January 16, 21:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there are stair glitches as a result of WA. Last night I put in some of my old starter lots; each and every one of them had a spawner box at the foot of each set of stairs on the outside of the house. I had to delete the stairs, then replace them. Outside stairs can no longer be placed right next to a wall. There was a yellow outline of a room at ground level, despite these lots having no basements. This was in the original base game world, so I reckon the stair glitch in this thread is not necessarily because of stealth stairs but because stair properties have been modified for WA.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 January 17, 07:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outside stairs can no longer be placed right next to a wall.
What do you mean by "outside" in this context? Do you have an example? I haven't had problems with stair placement, except that it won't allow you to place next to windows. You have to do the stairs first, then place the windows. Of course, I build with moveobjects on for the most part.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 January 17, 08:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, OK, it's windows and not walls then. Ta for that. I just changed the stair config because I was in a hurry. I don't know what the white spawner boxes were doing at the base of the stairs though; I still reckon there's a link to ProfPlumbob's issue.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 January 17, 19:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that's just weird as hell. I haven't seen it, but I don't have pre-WA games and don't touch the EAxis library or 'hoods.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 January 17, 20:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, OK, it's windows and not walls then. Ta for that. I just changed the stair config because I was in a hurry. I don't know what the white spawner boxes were doing at the base of the stairs though; I still reckon there's a link to ProfPlumbob's issue.

Re. "windows and not walls": I can confirm what Zazazu said - stairs have become more picky and annoying with 1.7 or 1.8 (whichever one it was that introduced WA behaviour for stairs, recolourability and all). Windows, paintings, wall lights, doors on the upstairs(!) floor are all considered to be "intersecting" now. It is now possible to stack stairs, but they hardly ever work when stacked, which makes that feature kinda useless.

Re. "changed the stair config": what exactly did you do there? What stair config? That sounds extremely interesting.

Re. white spawner boxes: in my experience that's purely a visual glitch - I have that too in all houses I built pre-1.7. Nuking and rebuilding the stairs fixes it. It might even work with nuke + undo, not sure atm. My personal theory is that the boxes are the portals from one level to the next that EA accidentially un-hid when messing with the stair code.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 January 17, 21:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re. "changed the stair config": what exactly did you do there? What stair config? That sounds extremely interesting.

Sorry, nothing so interesting. I merely removed the existing stairs and put them where there were no conflicts. 'Configuration' in this case refers purely to placement.

Re. white spawner boxes: in my experience that's purely a visual glitch - I have that too in all houses I built pre-1.7. Nuking and rebuilding the stairs fixes it. It might even work with nuke + undo, not sure atm. My personal theory is that the boxes are the portals from one level to the next that EA accidentially un-hid when messing with the stair code.

Now that's interesting. I made an assumption it was something to do with the new basement building.

sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 January 18, 08:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to edit the spawners? I am enjoying playing this world but there's a few spawners that can't be reached and they're driving my sims crazy.

I park on your car.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 January 19, 01:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to edit the spawners? I am enjoying playing this world but there's a few spawners that can't be reached and they're driving my sims crazy.

Yeah, near that observatory lot there are few bug spawners that would get sims on SC bug collection stuck.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 January 22, 02:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newest version of Supreme Commander should blacklist inaccessible items after a dozen attempts or so.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 January 22, 02:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newest version of Supreme Commander should blacklist inaccessible items after a dozen attempts or so.

If only something like this existed for IRL problems.

Tribulatio proxima est
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 January 23, 00:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a fantastic island and concept thank you.

What I would ask is that there be a few more lots, there are a few parts of the island that could have a lot on it.  But it doesnt.

There are lots of bugs, just flying everywhere.

About 10 of my lots have families occupying them.

they congregate at strange places like on one of the small sandy rifts which take you from each of the smaller islands.

Have you thought about posting the CAW files just for us to have a look at, mess around with.   Grin
« Last Edit: 2010 January 24, 02:04:06 by missaaliyah » Logged
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 January 24, 10:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you thought about posting the CAW files just for us to have a look at, mess around with.   Grin

There's a post on the S3 BBS to the effect of "not while there's a breath in my body" lol!

I have one teeny-tiny issue with the world, there is one secret lot in particular that seems to draw my sims like bees to honey. It's a tad annoying when 15+ sims all want to be in the same...hmmm...4x7??? space. Maybe 5x8ish, in that range. Go home! You have a TV there!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 January 24, 11:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't classify it as a park. Mark it as "No Visitors Allowed".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 January 25, 02:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to experiment with that.  The reason they latch to Point Pleasant Like honey bees is because of the mausoleum, and if you're using awesomemod, that's their #1 mating destination.    What DO they do in there...there's some funky necrophilia goinon up in there!

I've also revamped the spawners, it will be updated with the next version.  I've also been tackling the demands for bigger lots.  Two new islands have been added that are the same size as the mainland, but more secluded(not so tight knit) so you'll have more space and variety with more elbow room and arm room Tongue

Thanks guys so much for all the feedback, I'm definitely listening and learning Smiley

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 January 29, 13:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said on another forum you are working on Version 3, which would be out in a week, any updates on that?

Well you are fantastic at what you've done so far, I for the life of me, can't even edit an existing town.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 January 30, 02:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said on another forum you are working on Version 3, which would be out in a week, any updates on that?

Well you are fantastic at what you've done so far, I for the life of me, can't even edit an existing town.

week or two  Wink  life is getting a little in the way right now(damn you!) so I've only been able to pick at it an hour or so here and there. 

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 January 31, 13:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to experiment with that.  The reason they latch to Point Pleasant Like honey bees is because of the mausoleum, and if you're using awesomemod, that's their #1 mating destination.    What DO they do in there...there's some funky necrophilia goinon up in there!

Actually, the lot I have issues with is the outhouse lot. My sims LOVE the tv room. If I leave a playable sim to it's own devices while concentrating on another sim's tasks, invariably it scurries over to watch tv, even though there is a perfectly good tv at home. And of course, every other sim on the island swarms over to join in.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 February 04, 00:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

week or two  Wink  life is getting a little in the way right now(damn you!) so I've only been able to pick at it an hour or so here and there. 

LOL, looking forward to it.  Loving everything about your island right now, can't wait to see moar Wink
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 February 05, 08:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there are stair glitches as a result of WA. Last night I put in some of my old starter lots; each and every one of them had a spawner box at the foot of each set of stairs on the outside of the house.

These are not spawner boxes.  They are routing data cubes.  It is best to leave them were they are.  When I removed a pair of them, by moving them to a far corner of the lot, my Sims began entering and exiting in strange ways.  Like walking to the corner before going into the house.
Melba
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 February 06, 07:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut Island is GREAT!  My barefoot sims are having so much fun discovering all the hidden places you put in this, I'm jealous.  Thanks for a great place to play.
Rejka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 February 07, 14:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work for me either- but I managed to install it by using an older executable. Here's the world file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mygzmzm3rkz

I can't install this beautiful World Sad when I click on .sim3pack file on launcher it's showing message "Requires software update - please make sure your game has the latest software update" And I've got WA and all patches update Sad

so I've download this world. file from Simsample and put it to InstalledWorlds folder but it's still not working Sad ( I've try with that world. file on first page too ) don't known what I'm doing wrong Cry I've got installed Riverview and Victorian Bay Neighborhood by ruthless_kk and they work... maybe three worlds is too many? Can anyone please give some advice? Sad 
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 February 07, 15:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try putting it in Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ GameData\ Shared\ NonPackaged\ Worlds or your equivalent install directory.
Rejka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 February 07, 15:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try putting it in Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ GameData\ Shared\ NonPackaged\ Worlds or your equivalent install directory.

thank you! Thank you very much ^__^ It's working! You just totally save my day Cheesy ( and sorry for being such a silly histerical technophobe  Embarrassed ) and wow this island is truly great! indeed a tropical paradise Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 February 07, 15:48:18 by Rejka » Logged
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 November 28, 12:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woh that was one long week...

3.0 preview,  

just a quick rundown,
needs all three expansions, no stuff packs
40+ residential lots (don't have an exact total yet, still adding in more)
18+ venues
most ambitions/LN/WA venues are included
there will be at most 3 WA tombs to solve plus more secret locations
subways hidden in docks for faster travel(bummer that NPC's don't use them)
Bug plague be gone!  All spawners revamped so no more annoying route failures!

There is still much to do, but I plan on getting this out by New Years the latest.

and for those who want it as a vacation island here is the how to,
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=421319

it will replace one of the existing ones though!  
« Last Edit: 2010 November 28, 13:11:45 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 November 28, 13:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you quoting yourself and double posting? Is this going to help attract people more to the stuff you wrote about your island?

it was a mistake. Do you need a hug?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: