More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:40:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*  (Read 133446 times)
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: a new world, Coconut Island
« Reply #25 on: 2010 January 10, 14:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And for all of us who still hope EA will fix the borkage (coz I Gotta Have Faith) from the latest patch, and haven`t updated the game (i.e. running a 2.2.8 WA and 1.5/1.7 TS3) - is there a way to convert this into a .world file and which would be the weapon of choice?
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2010 January 10, 16:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have read the thread - Coconut Island installed fine with me with the launcher.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 January 10, 16:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I DID read the thread. Re - downloaded, restarted the computer (for what is worth), and once I click install (through the launcher), I get a "Requires software update - please make sure your game has the latest software update" message. I`m running a 1.5/2.2.8 version.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 January 10, 18:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work for me either- but I managed to install it by using an older executable. Here's the world file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mygzmzm3rkz

It is a lovely world.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 January 10, 20:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worked like a charm, Simsample, thanks! As I already said - great work!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 January 10, 21:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  I put in a ton of "Lightning bugs" thinking they would be very pretty at night flying around glowing, until I realized they were some weird green slugish ground bugs.   Tongue  I kept them in out of the concept that there was some mass infestation and became the island bug, like a state flower.   Lips sealed
The house that I had my first sim move into got the bug infestation move-in opportunity, too. It was madness!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 January 10, 22:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been testing this world; the underground cemetery was a stroke of genius. The only thing I would add is a bookshop to buy recipes, but I'll live.
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 January 10, 22:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name makes me laugh. "Coconut" is a derogatory term for Pacific Island people in NZ.

Anyway, this is the most original neighbourhood I've ever played, including TS2. Very well done.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 January 10, 23:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Lum - thought the same. I just opened a community lot and placed the bookstore cash register (found in build mode/community objects). Think you need WA though, and this mod - http://www.prettysims.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=124
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 January 11, 02:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea it's a bummer not to have the book/grocery store, I've been using the debug/awesomemod option of shift+controling the bookshelves in the community center and adding in all the books/recipes that way.  I would love to throw in a few rabbit holes but it would clash with the island vibe.  And I'd love to throw in the rabbit hole signs from modthesims2 and/or the cash register you linked to, but I wanted to keep it custom content free.   Grin

thanks guys!  Had a lot of fun making it and I have a lot of ideas in store for the WA edition whenever I get around to getting it. 

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 January 11, 03:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Island looks really nice. I would love to download it though i don't have the 1.8 patch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 January 11, 03:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a personal problem to me, soldier. Why are you even here if you're clinging to an outdated version of the game supported by nothing here? You can't use anything from here that way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2010 January 11, 14:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work for me either- but I managed to install it by using an older executable. Here's the world file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mygzmzm3rkz

It is a lovely world.

The Island looks really nice. I would love to download it though i don't have the 1.8 patch.

download the world file from mediafire link an install in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorld

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Soneen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 January 11, 16:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for making this, it's really nice and I am fully enjoying it.

-B
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 January 11, 17:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This world looks awesome, thanks for the effort Cheesy

Nothing to see here.
girlfromverona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 January 12, 06:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to try this right away! This is definitely the best custom world I've seen so far. Well done. Smiley
pday
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 January 15, 22:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing it right now and It's great. Thanks!
ajidivine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 January 16, 01:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the island last night and played for a while. I'm liking it so far.
hussy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 January 16, 05:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love this world. It's so tranquil and cute. I can't wait to populate it.
Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 January 16, 12:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just grabbed myself the medifire version for un-updated noobies myself.

Ya do realise that some of us (me included) just arent Awesome enough to be  confident to use the workaround for installing / keeping all the fantastic Arr'd items, right?
and I for one, cannot live without my Arr'd EAcrap, which just about makes the game playable, once i had to remove all my .package files (to be safe from Blue-Lot-Of-Doom)

So, i just have to throw hug's or cookies (whichever is prefered) at SimSample (I think it was) for making an obsolete version of this place.
(I always kept a vanilla version of morrowind and oblivion on my offline PC, so I could make my mods work with any version of the game hehe..so I understand how often those of us UnAwesome folks ask for help from the Awesome crowd)
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 January 16, 19:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the only world I've seen so far that actually works (presumably because it's made without WA). Shame that so many of the lots aren't flat, though, and have such odd sizes. But at least *some* are useful, which is better than nothing. Thank you.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 January 16, 20:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I'm just missing some CC or what, but I'm having a problem with floating stairs as seen here:

This is "The Old Grain Silo" lot unmodified. I haven't yet checked if any other lots have the same problem, since I only installed it last night.

Needless to say, the stairs don't work.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 January 16, 20:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, I used the stealth staircase method and it works on my end.  Anyone else having this problem?  Although the stairs should be on the ground, not that high up, weird!  I can upload just the lot itself to replace it.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 16, 20:54:53 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 January 16, 20:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, I used the phantom staircase method and it works on my end.  Anyone else having this problem?  Although the stairs should be on the ground, not that high up, weird!  I can upload just the lot itself to replace it.

What is the "phantom staircase method"? Maybe if I did it myself, it would work on my end.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 January 16, 20:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, I used the phantom staircase method and it works on my end.  Anyone else having this problem?  Although the stairs should be on the ground, not that high up, weird!  I can upload just the lot itself to replace it.

What is the "phantom staircase method"? Maybe if I did it myself, it would work on my end.

sorry, I meant stealth stairs.  Grin It's the way they made "elevators" in Sims 2.  It's building stairs with constrainfloorelevation false and it creates 1 tile staircases.  I'm going to have to google it myself again to find the tutorial I used. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: