More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:32:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*  (Read 133034 times)
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Coconut Island BETA *Updated July 14th Pre-Final*
« on: 2010 January 08, 15:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims3Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?i803r4d37w761cw
.World: http://www.mediafire.com/?y9gb9d8udr371f4
Requires WA/AM/LN. no stuff packs or CC.

To remove the fog apocalypse, save and reload the world.  You will only need to do this once.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 14, 07:22:40 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: a new world, Coconut Island
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 08, 15:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks interesting. Interesting idea about the no jobs thing as well. I wonder if any of the available storymode mods can handle such a thing. I bet your island ends up to be another Easter Island within a week (ie. empty and dead but once full of life)Tongue
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 08, 15:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually been surprised how awesomemod's story mode has been handling it.  I too have been waiting for it to become deserted, but it's been doing an OK job.  It definitely doesn't stock it with an abundance of sims, but it has kept at least 3-5 families living at once through a few generations already(in my current save there are 4 families that have lived on and currently have kids to seed...*chuckles*).  They just love those dates at the mausoleum   Tongue
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 15:49:45 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 08, 16:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the design and feel to this. Will test it later. Wink

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 08, 16:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Caveats to be aware of: AwesomeStory never generates immigrants. New inhabitants can be generated only via the work of EA's job and school engines. If jobs and schools do not exist on the island, then no new immigrants ever appear. This means that new famblies can only be generated by the fissioning of existing famblies, usually from kids growing up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 08, 17:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at it in my game and it's absolutely gorgeous. Everything is very thought out, loved the community and reception hall. It has such a nice feeling of island life in it, kinda like in Lilo&Stich. Couldn't find the mausoleum, is it on the island or did you add it later? Also I think that anyone who wants rabbit holes can add them in the form of small signs, available on MTS I think.

Can you maybe upload resource files for it, so we could edit it, for lot sizes and such?
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 08, 18:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks great! It is very interesting how you can vary the worlds with different sets of rabbitholes, and MelissaMels small ones are coming to a great use.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 20:20:26 by ingeli » Logged
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 08, 18:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at it in my game and it's absolutely gorgeous. Everything is very thought out, loved the community and reception hall. It has such a nice feeling of island life in it, kinda like in Lilo&Stich. Couldn't find the mausoleum, is it on the island or did you add it later? Also I think that anyone who wants rabbit holes can add them in the form of small signs, available on MTS I think.

Can you maybe upload resource files for it, so we could edit it, for lot sizes and such?

the mausoleum is there, just keep searching.  I threw in a few secret locations... Wink resource files? you mean the CAW save file?  

The rabbithole signs would be a great addition.  Wanted to keep it custom content free, but it's definitely a perfect fit.  

Caveats to be aware of: AwesomeStory never generates immigrants. New inhabitants can be generated only via the work of EA's job and school engines. If jobs and schools do not exist on the island, then no new immigrants ever appear. This means that new famblies can only be generated by the fissioning of existing famblies, usually from kids growing up.

I'm confused then, because it's been tossing in a few sims every now and then without my aid.  Does the mausoleum count or is it just for full time jobs?  I've also had the aging set to "long", so much more time has been spent on the island, if that has anything to do with it.  I started with just one sim and it threw in 4 new sims from the get-go.  They paired off and had kids, and later I noticed 3 more new arrivals.   Huh  I was very curious to see how quick the village would die off with awesomestory and while it doesn't fill the hood, it has added in a few homeless sims that pop up from time to time that have helped with populating the world.  I was ready to shift+control/"addsim" the entire island generation after generation  Tongue

those rabbit hole signs are sounding pretty good right about now...
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 19:04:27 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 08, 19:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth where nothing else has been installing through the launcher this installed just fine.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 08, 19:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused then, because it's been tossing in a few sims every now and then without my aid.  Does the mausoleum count or is it just for full time jobs?
It's possible the mausoleum may count. If you're getting some anomalous new residents, check that they are real residents, and not service NPCs (who are inert and do nothing), and what jobs they may have. It's possible that the part-time slots may generate workers, although according to the XML, they don't have coworkers so nothing should be generating there. And make sure you're actually *USING* AwesomeStory.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 08, 19:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

resource files? you mean the CAW save file?  

Yep, if you wouldn't mind, of course.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 08, 20:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm screwing around with my second WIP since I accidentally overwrote my game saves, but will snag this one for a much-needed break from creation. I never use other people's terrains and almost never their homes. I love how you were able to make the islands look separate while still keeping just enough terrain for sims to walk between them on.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 08, 20:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Just brilliant! I really like how you've stretched what the tools are capable of.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 08, 20:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does look very beautiful in those shots.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 08, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In some ways this could be a plus.  I get so tired of notifications that some damn sim I never heard of is now skilling cookery.  And it's not like sims NEED a job (or school) to make a living.  If you can fish, write, garden, paint, or collect, you're set.

The look of this is good.  I'm assuming that one gets around via sandbar bridges.

Tribulatio proxima est
Aeschere
Asinine Airhead

Slightly Inverted

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 08, 23:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks great! There isn't many well-made Worlds around but yours is awesome!

TS3 - MTS - GoS - MATY
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 09, 14:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed, a perfect get-away location...if only Sims could actually SWIM in oceans...*sigh*
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 January 09, 19:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazing world. Everything feels like it fits in and I just love the whole tropical thing. I second Zazazu on the way you did the sand; it's perfect.

Baaaaa

Jaeger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 January 10, 03:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway to make this a destination like in WA? But with max visas to buy vacation homes.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 January 10, 04:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very nice looking world, until a Hurricane or just some nasty waves come along.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 January 10, 05:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In some ways this could be a plus.  I get so tired of notifications that some damn sim I never heard of is now skilling cookery.  And it's not like sims NEED a job (or school) to make a living.  If you can fish, write, garden, paint, or collect, you're set.
Well, don't turn on Voice of God notification, then. Voice of God notification is intended for debugging purposes, not for the gratification of Jolreis. Just use the other in-game notification devices that don't inform you of minutiae.

tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 January 10, 08:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great work Prof, I'm going to play this now, it looks beautiful! Too stressed about my own, floundering project to continue it today. I'm just curious about the spawners? Can you get all the base-game stuff in a world this small? Cheers,

Kiwi_tea

<meh> siggie. </meh>
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 January 10, 13:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway to make this a destination like in WA? But with max visas to buy vacation homes.

I don't have WA yet, but is that possible?  I plan on making Tomb of the Coco Nut when I get WA, and add onto the island.  I would definitely love to make this a vacation island if we have the ability.

I'm just curious about the spawners? Can you get all the base-game stuff in a world this small?

I didn't include any freshwater fish, but all others are there.  Rocks, bugs, saltwater fish, seeds, etc.  I'll be revamping the spawners for my WA edition and include anything I left out.

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2010 January 10, 13:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh there are spawners all right - crazy bug/butterfly spawners are crazy although my homeless chick doesn't mind cleaning up the bugs for the money it gives her.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 January 10, 14:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh there are spawners all right - crazy bug/butterfly spawners are crazy although my homeless chick doesn't mind cleaning up the bugs for the money it gives her.

lol.  I put in a ton of "Lightning bugs" thinking they would be very pretty at night flying around glowing, until I realized they were some weird green slugish ground bugs.   Tongue  I kept them in out of the concept that there was some mass infestation and became the island bug, like a state flower.   Lips sealed

but yea, omg, give it a few sim days of no one collecting and you don't have to be in a motorcycle traveling 50 mph to get them stuck in your teeth. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: