More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:37:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  XML Tuning
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: XML Tuning  (Read 7866 times)
kovan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
XML Tuning
« on: 2010 January 08, 07:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fascinating site...
Ok, straight and to the point without adding any extra ammunition for lambasting then that I am about to give.
How do I tune the XML to turn on teen amorous activities?
Have extracted the files, placed them in an override, placed the priority override clause in the cfg file.
simply attempting to change creepy to amorous does not work, still remains creepy.
not certain about the traits as my characters have none of those traits.
If I try removing the trait or rather the value for the actr and tatr tags I crash and burn.
I have searched the site and Googled it but no joy.
Any advise on activating this would be appreciated.
and away we go...
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: XML Tuning
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 08, 13:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really the place for questions about xml tuning. I'd suggest using one of the already available teen whoohoo mods, and then adjusting that yourself if you wish to experiment with specific settings (winmerge is handy for finding out differences between original files and custom). You can grab one from the link in my sig, and I also link to another one in the last post of that thread.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 08, 13:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he's specifically asking about the AM tuning xmls though, so it was reasonable to post here first.  Unless I have the wrong end of the stick.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 08, 14:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he's specifically asking about the AM tuning xmls though, so it was reasonable to post here first.  Unless I have the wrong end of the stick.

Difficult to tell. Could also mean that they don't know about the AM config page or that certain teen activities require a secondary xml. I believe I have the other end of your stick.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 08, 15:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no secondary tuning other than the AwesomeMod XML config available. Although there are a few values in AwesomeMod that will respond to XML tuning, there are no XML tuning files created for them as I typically tune these values by changing their default, hardcoded values, as this is faster, and only an advanced game expert modder would have the ability to understand what these values do and why they would even WANT to adjust them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kovan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 08, 21:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My statement was basically in reference to the configuration tool statement for the 12-woohoo (which I am ass-u-ming refers to teen 12+) that stated:

"Does not actually enable it without additional XML hacks not included here."
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 08, 21:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that statement is referring to hacks you can download from other places, ready-made.  Some of them are just tuning mods.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: