More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 09:46:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Elders can't get engaged/married.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Elders can't get engaged/married.  (Read 5945 times)
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Elders can't get engaged/married.
« on: 2005 July 29, 18:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My elders don't have the option to get engaged or married in the pie menu when I click on other sims. (Yes, their relationships are good enough.) Is this a hack problem? Or maybe I'm just stupid and one of these hacks is supposed to keep elders from marrying each other. Or perhaps elders can't marry and I'm losing my mind. Here is my list of hacks:

J.M. pescado - JM's Director's Cut, Deathfix

Twojeffs - Always Flush Toilets Wash hands, Age Transition Teens Keep Loves, No Friends Needed for Careers, No Shoving from Look Through, Triplets and Quads, Toddlers play with toilets fix, College Adjuster, Wind_Cowhead Interactive

Inge - Stay things Shrub

Fwiffo - Multi Polination Technition, Hacked Telescopes 5x and 10x

Other - Visible NPC Maker, Better Townie Names, AbductionPregnancyFemaleandMale,  Move Out Teens, Inteenimater, Toddler Mirror

None of these jump out at me as a hack that looks like it might cause this problem. Does anyone know which hack might be responsible?
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 18:39:03 by wishy-washy » Logged

Be your own fish.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Re: Elders can't get engaged/married.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 29, 18:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders should be able to get engaged or married. I haven't got any married yet, but my Olive Specter is engaged to her former handyman. Now, note that I moved him in prior to getting them engaged - this may make a difference.

Otherwise, in my fairly clueless state, I'd blame the Inteeminator, simply because I've seen it blamed for all sorts of problems. Try removing that? Or wait for someone more clueful (or awesome) to comment Wink.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 29, 18:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a problem in the original game where widows/widowers could not marry, but the Maxis patch theoretically fixed that.  I never had the problem, though, so I can't vouch for the cure.  And I don't know whether your affected elders have been widowed or not.  It was just a thought.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 29, 18:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is basically a stuckness problem. We don't know why some people become stuck and others don't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 29, 18:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move Out Teens

That one leaps right out. I assume you mean this:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=20309

wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 29, 18:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is basically a stuckness problem. We don't know why some people become stuck and others don't.

Should all my elders be getting stuck, though? Actually, I don't know about all of them maybe it's just in one neighborhood.

Yep, that's the one. I'll try removing it.

Edit: Just tried removing it, but nothing doing. My elders still can't get engaged/married. Is there a way to fix my stuck sims? Or can I make someone married using SimPE?
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 19:27:09 by wishy-washy » Logged

Be your own fish.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 29, 19:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I just removed all of my hacks and now my elders can get married. So my problem must be because of a hack and not because of stuck sim syndrome. It's probably the inTeenimator. I'll try it without that.

Edit: Yep, It was the inTeenimater. Thanks for everyone's help.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 20:07:31 by wishy-washy » Logged

Be your own fish.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 29, 20:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frikken' lousy Inteenimator. Causes a goodly portion of the "It's broken" calls here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: