More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:45:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  A way to force Sims to go steady?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A way to force Sims to go steady?  (Read 22275 times)
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A way to force Sims to go steady?
« on: 2010 January 06, 16:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have played a pair of Sims for hours upon hours. I get them to the extremely irresistible stage and the most that I can do is try for baby. I don't want this, I want them to go steady and get married. Is there a way to force them to do this? I've used cheats and given both Sims the hopeless romantic trait but still no go steady option shows up no matter what I do. Suggestions? Comments?
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: A way to force Sims to go steady?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 06, 17:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised the option doesn't show up. Did you ever do the "confess attraction" interaction? After that you can propose going steady.

If you want a hack, Twallan's computer (search for it in Pudding Factory) had a romance interaction. You can set the level where you want for any 2 sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 06, 17:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the sim in question already has a partner, which is why you can't advance any further.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 07, 18:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Both single. Both confessed attraction for eachother. That's as far as the relationship will go. I'll go looking for that computer now...
mimmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 07, 18:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has one or both of them commitment issue?
Fireyhellpixie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 08, 20:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually having the same issue.  Relationship is maxed, sims are single, no commitment issues, and still nothing.  

Oh, and it turns out it is not just one couple, it is all of them.  Of course.  Can someone provide a link to this computer?  I am not finding it through the search.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 21:32:07 by Fireyhellpixie » Logged
Taube
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 09, 00:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem in my game.  I think it is due to the sim having a 'stuck' relationship.  My sim asked to just be friends with her first girlfriend and neither were particularly upset at the time (which seemed strange) but then she couldn't go steady with later sims, regardless of traits/relationship levels/whether or not I controlled them.  I switched over to the household of one of her other lovers and asked if she was single, and the asking sim learned that she was in a relationship.  But it listed her partner as the first girlfriend and had the icon for romantic interest, which I don't think is supposed to count as a partner.  That sim was her romantic interest, but so were half a dozen others, so it was kind of weird.  I had her be just friends with the girlfriend again since break up wasn't listed as an option and this time they both had the broken heart moodlet for a while, but it didn't free up the 'go steady' interaction, and there was now no one that seemed to be her partner.

Based on this, I'm guessing that the first relationship stuck in at least some partial way.  I'm wondering if asking to just be friends instead of actually breaking up caused the original problem.  Is "just friends" an alternative to break up or is it supposed to occur after breakup, or what?  I'm not sure on that part. 

Ultimately, I couldn't fix her in any way with AM or in-game actions, so I ended up getting the supercomputer.  I've only used it once to make that sim and her current boyfriend "go steady" and it displayed the correct relationship, but about five minutes later my game began to hang and completely froze up my computer.  I haven't yet had a chance to play since then so that's as much as I know.  No idea if that's related or not, so downloader beware.  I'm also unsure if the change with the supercomputer is resetting the stuck part of my sims' relationship.  That sim wants to be a Heartbreaker so it'd be ideal if either she goes back to normal concerning relationships, or if the supercomputer will safely allow me to continue modifying them if they don't have the right type of relationship.  Seems like there's a bit of a workaround possible for this, but otherwise it's a frustrating problem.

Fieryhellpixie, the supercomputer is here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1300.0
Fireyhellpixie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 09, 03:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that a lot of relationships got stuck.  I had Mortimer and Corneila Goth split up and neither of them can get into another relationship.  Pauline and Hank split up and they are stuck (even after changing their personalities from commitment issues) and I also Marty and Justine Keaton get a divorce and he has no options for a relationship with his mistress (these were not even all on the same saved game).  I would think that these base relationships were not suppose to be altered, but I have done it in the past on previous saved games.  I am getting really fed up with this game.  Why play if nothing ever works?  To top it off, the super computer, once downloaded, either keeps my game from starting or acts as if uninstalled and changes nothing.   
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 09, 13:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that a lot of relationships got stuck.  I had Mortimer and Corneila Goth split up and neither of them can get into another relationship.  Pauline and Hank split up and they are stuck (even after changing their personalities from commitment issues) and I also Marty and Justine Keaton get a divorce and he has no options for a relationship with his mistress (these were not even all on the same saved game).  I would think that these base relationships were not suppose to be altered, but I have done it in the past on previous saved games.  I am getting really fed up with this game.  Why play if nothing ever works?  To top it off, the super computer, once downloaded, either keeps my game from starting or acts as if uninstalled and changes nothing.    

It's not just the base ones, I had a sim I played from birth that has this same issue.

Random question: Do your sims have the Stone Heart perk?
« Last Edit: 2010 January 09, 13:25:38 by Heinel » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 09, 17:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having this problem with all Sims,  I know this is some kind of bug because I just restarted a game and these Sims were able to marry before.  I also just had it with new YA's that wanted to marry their High School sweethearts and were not able too.  

I just made a new hood and it works as expected, so it must be a problem with the saved game.  Hope my template isn't damaged.  Thank God it isn't effected, my basement tool also is working.  Starting over isn't that bad as long as my template is okay.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 09, 17:51:27 by Process Denied » Logged
Fireyhellpixie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 09, 20:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No stone heart perk.  I hate this bug.  I reverted to a previous save which is not fine but better.  If I make any couples break up the bug reappears.  I am thinking no more breakups... ever?  So unrealistic.  I am thinking that installing CAW did my game in.  I uninstalled it only hours after, but it seems that the damage is done.   
cjames
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 10, 03:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the sim in question already has a partner, which is why you can't advance any further.

So are the sims naturally monogamous and faithful then?  I remember sims from earlier game versions basically being attracted to anything that moved, no matter what state their relationships were in. So far in The Sims 3 it looks like any sims already in a relationship are categorically uninterested in anything beyond the mildest flirting. Seems sort of limiting (and jarringly unrealistic, even for little cartoon people who get stumped by complex behaviors like walking around an obstacle.)  I saw this thread and thought I'd found an explanation more plausible than that the game was actually intended to work that way.
Taube
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 10, 06:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are the sims naturally monogamous and faithful then?

Sims are still just as slutty as ever, but they can only be in one 'official' relationship - such as boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancee', spouse - at a time.  Other sims that are not in an official relationship with your sim have a red heart icon and are listed as "Romantic Interest."  So you can have a partner and the sim can still flirt/sleep around/whatever, but you can't ask another sim to go steady, etc. while the sim has a partner.  So they're not polygamous by design, but that doesn't mean they have to be monogamous. Grin

Incidentally, in case anyone cares, I played my game again without the crash this time (but still after using the supercomputer to modify the relationship) and everything seems back to normal.  Other sims in that town have been able to develop relationships normally.  I downloaded CAW, too, but the problems I had started before I had downloaded it, so I don't think that's related.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 10, 08:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem plus some other assorted problems and I found out that my save was corrupted.  I ditched it and went back to an earlier save.  Everything is working now.  I have no idea what is causing it though.  I just had to ditch my last save because I saw an invisible Sim.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 10, 10:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No stone heart perk.  I hate this bug.  I reverted to a previous save which is not fine but better.  If I make any couples break up the bug reappears.  I am thinking no more breakups... ever?  So unrealistic.  I am thinking that installing CAW did my game in.  I uninstalled it only hours after, but it seems that the damage is done.   

How about No Jealousy perk?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 10, 11:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already exists in the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 10, 11:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the computer. I actually had to google it to find it. Twallan moves around alot apparently. But it worked like a charm once I figured out how to actually use it. To answer a few questions I saw pop up in here. Yes, one of the sims had commitment issues, but that shouldn't really matter. I had a few other sims with the same trait that got married with no problems. Whatever the problem was, it matters little now. I got the supercomputer and fixed it. Thanks for all the help and comments.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: