More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:28:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  [Solved] Certain Households Have No "Visit" Option
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Solved] Certain Households Have No "Visit" Option  (Read 2471 times)
shiniki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
[Solved] Certain Households Have No "Visit" Option
« on: 2010 January 05, 07:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me if this has been posted previously, but any combination of search words turned up no relevant topics.

I have a problem with my chosen family. They are unable to visit certain other households. There is no option at all to visit them, only Master Controller (as I have the Nraas Computer mod). When moving the camera to these lots, I am able to see inside them as if they were the active household without actually making them so.

Thinking this may have been a mod problem, I removed all mods and restarted. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

I have tried:

- Moving an afflicted family to another lot allows the "Visit [Household Name]" option on that lot. Moving them back results in the same problem.
- Bulldozing the afflicted house and then moving the family onto the empty lot also results in the same problem.
- Using the Nraas computer to reset the lot does not work.
- The problem persists with Afflicted Family A moving into Afflicted Family B's lot and vice versa.
- Moving an unafflicted family into a household previously owned by an afflicted family resulted in the same problem.

At first there seemed to be no pattern to the families: one un-chosen family was untouched by this affliction. I sat around and thought about each family, wondering if there was some connection. Then it occurred to me I might have been stupid enough to bring this down upon myself. Sometimes when a child of the chosen household decided to bring over a friend, I would get annoyed and use "resetsim [name]" to get rid of them as they appeared on the lot, because for some reasons my kids were never able to ask them to leave and I hated interrupting the parents to go make them leave, thus getting themselves a new acquaintance/friend every time they gave one of the unwanted guests the boot. It appears all of the LOTS of the households afflicted by this continue the same problem. I could understand why this might affect a household, but I can't understand why it might affect an entire lot.

(On another, perhaps related, note, the chosen household has no house thumbnail on the save file. This occurred long before the visitation problems. The family thumbnail is still there. It used to, but at some point it stopped appearing. I'd heard about problems occurring when the family portrait is missing or is the generic dotted white outline, but could not turn up any results on the house thumbnail itself being missing. Since further gameplay did not produce any particular problems other than the aesthetics of a blank save file, I continued.)

One solution would be to just not have any families live on those lots, but that's hardly a solution at all with limited housing options. Have I screwed up my neighborhood far beyond repair? I have a lot of time invested in this neighborhood and would hate to see it go.  Undecided

EDIT: I found a working solution. Any attempts of one of the afflicted to invite over the chosen would result in a "Something suddenly came up" even though I knew they were standing around idle. Going back to the chosen household, I could manually move my sim over to the afflicted household and enter it as if he had already been invited in. While the chosen sim was on the lot, I used the Nraas supercomputer to reset the lot, which resulted in my sim being booted back to his place and the house now allows him to visit. Doing this with the other households seems to have reversed the problem. Resetting the lot without one of the chosen household being there fixes it, while just attempting to reset the lots without a chosen visitor does nothing. I guess somehow resetting visiting sims resulted in permanent reverse visitation rights.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 05, 08:04:37 by shiniki » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: [Solved] Certain Households Have No "Visit" Option
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 05, 10:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "something suddenly came up" bug should be fixed in the latest AwesomeMod. This is actually a bug backfire triggered by the game: The game wants to force someone at the neighbor's house to always be there so you can always visit them, but this prevents them from ACTUALLY VISITING because they will queuedrop when they try to leave to visit you!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: