More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:34:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Booming homeless population
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Booming homeless population  (Read 6388 times)
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Booming homeless population
« on: 2010 January 08, 13:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have quite a large town of about 238 sims (leach house has cots, so lots of babies), with no vacant houses, I also had about 8 homeless families that had bee moving in as older sims died. However, today I noticed that another 36 single sims had suddenly filled my homeless list, and my performance dropped considerably. Are these new homeless created for any particular reason, such as no compatible love matches in town, or is this a bug, and is there any point in me killing off the homeless sims, or will they simply regenerate?

As there were quite a few single people in town, I'd been working on pairing them up manually anyway and hoping to limit my town to those already available. It Would be nice to have an option to set a population limit in the town, and not allow any random generated homeless sims until the population drops below that level.

Also, while on the topic of romance, is there a reason AM story mode keeps finding romance victims (quite frequently) for married sims? It seems everyone in town is quite the adulterer.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Booming homeless population
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 08, 13:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't seen that, but it's possible if they have bad traits that encourage this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 08, 14:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a look at all the homeless using super computer and it seems they were all the same woman (blonde) with different names. Very creepy... So i nuked them all.

Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 08, 16:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same issue, but with random families and sims, not clones. So far it's anything from singles to married couples with kids already, but mostly it's large volumes of single YAs in houses numbering 1-4. They don't seem to be filling any particular niches either, such as having specific jobs or roles in town. I haven't worked out why they're showing up yet.

Also seconding the everyone-in-town-is-fucking-around issue, but I haven't looked at their traits to see if this would be normal behaviour. I just assume my town is full of whores. VJ Alvi is a major player and I -know- that ugly bastard has bad traits. What traits determine likelihood to cheat? Commitment Issues and Flirty? (... Shouldn't this be in the main bug thread, by the way? Apologies for posting if so. )
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 08, 18:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same issue, but with random families and sims, not clones. So far it's anything from singles to married couples with kids already, but mostly it's large volumes of single YAs in houses numbering 1-4. They don't seem to be filling any particular niches either, such as having specific jobs or roles in town. I haven't worked out why they're showing up yet.

Also seconding the everyone-in-town-is-fucking-around issue, but I haven't looked at their traits to see if this would be normal behaviour. I just assume my town is full of whores. VJ Alvi is a major player and I -know- that ugly bastard has bad traits. What traits determine likelihood to cheat? Commitment Issues and Flirty? (... Shouldn't this be in the main bug thread, by the way? Apologies for posting if so. )

I must get in and see if they are indeed flirty or such. However, it just seemed like such a large number of sims, so a large portion of the town must have some bad traits.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 08, 18:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, either one of the two bad traits will produce this behavior as a certainty, and as NPCs typically raise their kids poorly, they tend to preferentially favor bad traits.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: