More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:38:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Neighborhood terrain textures first black, then blurred
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhood terrain textures first black, then blurred  (Read 5853 times)
graphico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Neighborhood terrain textures first black, then blurred
« on: 2010 January 02, 09:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to split up my active household, moving out one adult and one teenager, and leaving two adults in the house. The game froze (there was a little pop-up that said "processing", which sat there for about half an hour), and I had to exit to windows and manually end the program with the task manager.

The game still runs fine, but when I first start playing a game, the entire neighborhood is black - there is no terrain paint. When I go to map mode, the terrain paints slowly appear, but are very blurry. If I then go back into my Sims' houses, the entire terrain (grass, rocks, roads) stays blurred - also the default terrain where it shows on their lots. Any terrain paints that I use to paint on their lots are fine. I have tried playing around with the graphics settings, with no success.

The three adventure destinations (China, Egypt and France) have the same blurry textures.

I have a nVidia 9500GT with 1GB memory on the card. Before this happened, everything was fine.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood terrain textures first black, then blurred
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 02, 09:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it still happen if you delete your caches and World Caches, then start a new game?
graphico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 02, 16:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sorry, but to my embarassment I find that I am unbelievably stupid. How do I delete the "caches and World Caches"?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 02, 17:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3.
Delete the files CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package and simCompositorCache.package.
Also delete all of the files that are in the Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ WorldCaches folder.

The game will regenerate these files afresh when you start the game, so that we can test whether your problem is caused by corruption in these files.
graphico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 03, 10:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted all of the files as instructed. However, I have no WorldCaches folder to delete. I restarted the game. No success.

A friend suggested that I delete the options.ini file. I did that and restarted. Success! All the neighborhood textures are back to normal.

Thank you for the help. I am attaching a screenshot of the blurry textures for future reference.

« Last Edit: 2010 January 03, 10:34:31 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 03, 10:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me guess, you set the graphical settings to "crap", and deleting options.ini, therefore, reset them back to default.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: