More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:29:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Game Refusing To Load Fully After WA Install
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Refusing To Load Fully After WA Install  (Read 4446 times)
KickAss
Asinine Airhead

I know what your thinking, I suck....

View Profile
Game Refusing To Load Fully After WA Install
« on: 2009 December 25, 00:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody please shed some light on this. (Its driving me nuts!)
My wonder boyfriend got me WA for xmas. But I've run into a problem that seems to be unique. It loads fine untill it gets to the end of the bar on the loading screen. It does not crash, just sicks there for ages. My games up to date (Patch Wise) and I'm using CC (Duh!) If you can help, please do or 'Screw you guys, Ima off back to Sims 1!'.

Edit- This is not the famous loading screen crash. (Already had it)

Please die... I'm sick of you...
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game Refusing To Load Fully After WA Install
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 25, 17:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine was ditching to the desktop on that very last segment of the load bar. Found to be the latest, non-testing AM unfortunately. With that removed starts up a treat. Worth a go, just cut it to desktop and see if it works.
KickAss
Asinine Airhead

I know what your thinking, I suck....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 26, 15:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.
The sad thing- I stopped using AM after glitching in the game. I may try to take everything off and see whats causing it. Yep, I'll do that.   Grin

Please die... I'm sick of you...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 26, 15:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The non-testing AwesomeMod is only for 1.7.9 games, it will not function in 1.8 games.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 28, 01:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, confirmed. Game loads perfectly well with the in-testing AM installed. I haven't had a chance to test functionality or anything really yet, as I'm in the process of building/populating a new neighbourhood.
Katuchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 02, 07:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem, only with the new version of Awesomemod. Game loads and runs fine vanilla, but as soon as I put awesomemod in either base game or WA mods>packages folder, it stays forever at the end of the loading bar.

To install the games, I used the instructions in the attached .txt file, and those provided here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html

For the framework, I used the one hosted here, and I'm mostly certain I installed it correctly. I would be tickled pink if anyone could whack me with a large stick and tell me what obvious thing I'm doing wrong. I'm more than happy to provide more information if I've omitted something crucial.

ETA: Okay, after a while of poking things with sticks, I have ascertained that I only have the 1.6 patch and perhaps the latest version of awesomemod is compatible only with 1.8, so have been attempting to patch. Now if only I could figure out this "Invalid File" error; or, more accurately, which cracked file I neglected to back up.

ETA 2: Fresh install has the same error. I hate everything.

* sims 3 instructions.txt (0.83 KB - downloaded 211 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 January 02, 18:20:19 by Katuchan » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 02, 18:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Katuchan, even after I uninstalled to fix some issues I was having with CAW, I had issues with an invalid file error. In short, the EA uninstaller does a half-assed job. These are the missing files I had. Perhaps they could be yours:
1. Missing library files for the dumb EA library families.
2. Hacked VideoCamera.ini from Aikea Guinea which needed to be replaced with default one.
3. Hacked Shaders_Win32.precomp...this should have been fixed by now because it was the old way to remove the censor blur and wasn't effective as of the first patch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Katuchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 02, 18:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any custom files for the game whatsoever (eta: except awesomemod and the framework), since last night was the first time I'd installed the game + EP. However, I will uninstall again, delete all leftover folders manually, and try reinstalling again. I'll edit this once that's done.

ETA: Yeaaaah. No luck. After uninstalling, I deleted the Electronic Arts folder out of Program Files. I reinstalled the base game, tried to patch straight from 1.0 to 1.8 (since patching from 1.6 to 1.8 had been failing), got the same Invalid File message. Haven't tried reinstalling WA yet, but before I uninstalled, that wouldn't patch to 2.3 either.

ETA 2: Checked the fail log, the error is with "code_version.txt" (attached, in case that helps) so my best guess is that I'm using the wrong patch installer? The one I have is from 1.7.9 to 1.8, and my game is at 1.6 (which, btw, patches just fine). So just for chutes and goggles, I'm going to try to find a patch to 1.7 from 1.6 and see if I can patch from there. Will update when finished.

ETA 3: Oh sweet baby Jeebus, it worked! Obtained correct patches from here: http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/ Made sure to compare the full filename, and updating from 1.6 > 1.7 > 1.8 actually WORKED. So, so very happy. Now I just need to hope WA patches all right once I install it...

ETA Last (hopefully!): WA patched just fine, installing framework and awesomemod now. Hopefully this will help anyone else with the same issue.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 03, 13:34:42 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: