More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:36:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patterns from the Exchange: Is there a solution?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patterns from the Exchange: Is there a solution?  (Read 2688 times)
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Patterns from the Exchange: Is there a solution?
« on: 2010 January 02, 13:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm happily running my game with the workaround and now looking to get more content in it.  There are patterns from the Exchange that I would like to use.  I am aware of the Exchange patterns issues with running in the game and since I have the workaround, I tried taking those files and converting them into .package files.  They still do not show up for the most part with the exception of about 10% of them that worked.

Is there a way to fix this at this time?  I've been reading the threads and am seeing that .dbc files are all the rage now and considering converting some of my package files to .dbc anyway.  Would this solve the pattern issue? Should I simply put the patterns into a different file/folder that I'm not aware of. 

Are there still cache files I should be deleting each time I play? 
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Patterns from the Exchange: Is there a solution?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 06, 00:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless something has changed over at the exchange, all exchange patterns are simply someone's recolors of patterns already in the game, so just recolor 'em yourself?

I haven't had any problems getting patterns installed as package files to show up. I have had some problems with patterns created using TSR's tool. Some will install. Some won't. I suspect it has to do with the version of the TSR tool the pattern creator used.

My solution is to pretty much no longer install new patterns. Which is something of a hardship, but I think I'll survive.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 06, 00:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had any problem whatsoever with patterns on MTS2 installing and showing. Since they are in .package format, they don't need the launcher.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 06, 02:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the patterns I downloaded from TSR and the Exchange and converted to .package format work fine for me. I don't have tons from the Exchange because of most of them being recolors of in-game patterns, but there are some completely new patterns there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: