More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:13:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Marriage in Family Trees
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Marriage in Family Trees  (Read 6351 times)
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Marriage in Family Trees
« on: 2009 December 21, 04:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that marriages are no longer marked on family trees? I don't know if this is a bug caused by AwesomeMod, the new patch, or one of my other mods.

Loreley
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Marriage in Family Trees
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 21, 06:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just checked, marriages are displayed correctly in my game. Running 1.8 with (a slightly modified) AwesomeMod.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 21, 06:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or one of my other mods.

Take your mods out and test it yourself, preferably with a new hood. None of us can see exactly how your game configuration is, so how would we know what other mods you have? This should be standard when testing AM, and insuring everything works after a new patch is installed.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 21, 07:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that marriages are no longer marked on family trees? I don't know if this is a bug caused by AwesomeMod, the new patch, or one of my other mods.

I think it's a bug with the 1.7/2.2 update without AM. I have 4 non-active sims that have same problem.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 22, 00:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Nancy the selected sim's mother? It seems to me that when you're viewing family tree, only blood relatives are shown. I may be misremembering, though, haven't had time to play lately.

INFP or something
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 29, 17:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe this has something to do with family trees being borked. I noticed the same thing on my game, no marriages show, even if they have kids. Some sims' family trees refuse to open up at all, others are fine until the previously proven-to-be-borked sim's face comes up. Then there's no fambly lines anywhere, just the lone sim in the middle of the tree. Even when he has parents and a wife and kids and all that.

At first I thought it might have had something to do with AM, now I think it's just an EAxian feature. They seem to be breaking this game more and more as the time passes.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 29, 20:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe this has something to do with family trees being borked. I noticed the same thing on my game, no marriages show, even if they have kids. Some sims' family trees refuse to open up at all, others are fine until the previously proven-to-be-borked sim's face comes up. Then there's no fambly lines anywhere, just the lone sim in the middle of the tree. Even when he has parents and a wife and kids and all that.

At first I thought it might have had something to do with AM, now I think it's just an EAxian feature. They seem to be breaking this game more and more as the time passes.

Same. It seems to be a bug with the "cloning" that occurs when going on vacations.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 03, 02:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have discovered the cause of this bug and the next version of AwesomeMod will repair this damage as one of the things repaired by "fixall", although I am not certain what triggers this to occur, as I have seen it happen to sims who have not been on vacation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 05, 17:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oookay... well, I thought I had annihilated a copy of one of my broken-family-tree sim mother's using Twallan's computer since "nukeimpostors" wasn't doing it, and saved. When I reloaded the game this morning, the child's family tree was working, but had her mother listed as the "impostor" only the icon was greyed out as if the impostor mother had died. I go to the mausoleum and see a gravemarker for the impostor mother, while the child's real mother is very much alive, is shown in the family tree as married to the correct father, but not shown as her mother. Genealogy report still lists things correctly-- I think.

My question now is, how can I permanently destroy this deceased, so that I can link the child with the proper mother, or will this turn my game into a BFBVFS?  (That is, if there is a way to do it?)

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 05, 17:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something has gone terminally pear-shapred in your neighborhood, I fear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 05, 17:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, crap.

It was bound to happen eventually, I had played the neighborhood for so long.
Thanks anyway-- at least the marriage thing was fixed (sort of.)

Back to lurking I suppose.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: