More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:24:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Merging mods to increase Performance!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Merging mods to increase Performance!  (Read 366195 times)
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Merging mods to increase Performance!
« Reply #325 on: 2010 September 24, 04:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Anach die?

Anach has been playing the other games he has accumulated and been putting aside due to a Sims addiction. I shall check out the thread. Smiley

On a side note to those above. DO NOT delete your original files. You will have to re-merge from time to time, such as when you wish to remove stuff. It is also a good idea to check your packages for conflicting and broken mods with the dashboard before you merge.

zombiestasterotten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2010 September 24, 13:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problems merging the Soccer Jersey Set from the 13th Store Update?

I know how the program throws up out of memory errors when you put in too many files. It does the same thing to this set (and just this set, by itself.)
For the process I have been using Delphys MultiSims3Pack Extractor to get the sims3packs to packages (the Jersey sims3pack makes 19 package files, 26.6 MB), then the s3rc.exe (run through the whole directory with that lovely batch file someone posted in a different thread) by Pescado, then s3pe to make the experimental dbc and saving as package. But of course the out of memory error is thrown before I get to the saving step so I cancel the save. I have merged more files and bigger files in one set before, but I just can't seem to cram these down to a singular package format.

I was perhaps wondering if it is a problem with the source files from the download thread.  Have not seen the jerseys in question, but are they billowing wizard robe sized? Made of the same bits crammyboy used for the sims2 penis mod?

I don't know, but I can't fit them through s3pe.
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2010 October 18, 04:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding s3pe running out of memory when trying to combine my clothing packages.

Right now I have three combined packages that I'd ideally like to turn into one big package. They are:

Adult.package - 98.3 MB
Teen.package - 42.7 MB
Clothes.package - 55.8 MB (and this file is the one that I want to fold the other two into.)

I they should come together to be under the EA's target size of 200 MB, so I thought things would be cool. But after a certain amount has been imported, the memory space of the application escalates ridiculously to the point where it eats it all up.

Is there any way to leverage EA's own tool to combine these packages? Their installer seems to be pretty efficient.

Oh, it might be just my system, I guess. I used to do this on Windows XP, under 2 GB of memory. I upgraded to Win 7 64, and 4 GB. After I've posted this, I might boot up XP again and try. Maybe it's OS dependent.

Edit: There wasn't much difference between them. So, I tried again on W7. I restarted and managed to combine Teen and Clothes, using the save-after-import option. That was without having firefox running in the background, so there was a little more memory available to it.

I now had two 98 MB packages that eat too much memory to combine further. But, it got me thinking: maybe it's better to incrementally merge the little packages together. I don't usually work that way, preferring to group and combine. But, I wanted to try it. So, I copied all the clothes out of their folders into just one "Clothes" folder and I'm in the process of combining them, saving-after-each-import. It seems to be going very well. s3pe is using a minimum of memory, and is slowly building up the Clothes.package.

I think this is the way to go. It's only slightly inconvenient, in that you have to collect them up into a single folder, and ensure no naming conflicts exist. But then it's cool.

I'll have to see how it goes when I try to add more (little packages) to this big one. When I tried that before, s3pe was running into memory troubles when trying to load the first package. It seems to me, that will happen again. But, that's about the size of it. Good enough to be getting on with.

Final size of clothes package: 199 MB.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 18, 05:50:11 by tryguy » Logged
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2010 November 02, 15:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy merging mods, it does increase my performance somewhat, but its also having a negative effect, causing the game to crash sometimes. I used several programs to find the problem, including Dashboard, which found nothing, then I used Indies Mod Compatability Checker, it found 4207 incompatabilities.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: 2010 November 02, 16:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy merging mods, it does increase my performance somewhat, but its also having a negative effect, causing the game to crash sometimes. I used several programs to find the problem, including Dashboard, which found nothing, then I used Indies Mod Compatability Checker, it found 4207 incompatabilities.

Throw away the indie checker, it hasn't been useful for a long time.

Crashing "sometimes" can be caused by dodgy mods, imcompatible mods, lack of RAM, corrupt sims/neighbourhood. Merging mods is simply a performance increase, not a fix for broken mods/game/pc. For checking mods, other than the dashboard, you need to check for author updates, and  trial and error. Try narrowing down the packages until your crashing stops. 

JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2010 November 05, 20:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I had at least 186 Library Packages and decided to merge them. I'm noticing 10-20 FPS boost, a little quicker loading times, and faster selection in CAS.

More Awesome Sig
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2010 November 10, 05:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or just attempting to do something that shouldn't be done in the first place.

When I try to merge all of my plasticbox lots into one big .package file, only one random unnamed lot will show up in the game.
I'm 95% sure I've done everything I'm supposed to, it's not that difficult of a procedure.
I extracted the sims3pack files into individual .package files, which I then tested before merging to make sure they work by themselves, THEN I merged using the newest test version of s3pe, and placed in the Library folder.  I know something at least is working, because of that one random lot - but obviously that isn't the result I want.

Am I not supposed to try to merge lots, or is there just some extra step I'm not doing.

From what I gleaned searching the topic and reading through this thread a few times, it was implied at least that what I'm trying to do is quite possible.

-tastes like chikin
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: 2010 November 10, 05:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't recommend merging lots. Merging CAS or Build/Buy stuff is fine though.

Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2010 November 10, 05:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that was the impression I was slowly forming.  It doesn't seem to work well no matter what I do to it.  Eh, now I know.  Back to reorganizing.

-tastes like chikin
dawnp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2010 December 02, 11:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I merged all of my files a long time ago (when Anach first posted this thread) and I have been continuing to do so.
I've only just started to merge my dbc files because there's 8 of them
The things is, if I try to import the ebc files it shows as an unknown file in S3pe.
I know this is because they're store bought content.
Is there any way to convert it to a .package file?
I did do it but the game wouldn't read it.
I was actually just doing this so I could pass a set on to a friend, as sending the the s3pack file didn't work.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: 2010 December 02, 11:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I merged all of my files a long time ago (when Anach first posted this thread) and I have been continuing to do so.
I've only just started to merge my dbc files because there's 8 of them
The things is, if I try to import the ebc files it shows as an unknown file in S3pe.
I know this is because they're store bought content.
Is there any way to convert it to a .package file?
I did do it but the game wouldn't read it.
I was actually just doing this so I could pass a set on to a friend, as sending the the s3pack file didn't work.

Run it through s3rc.exe. That will decrypt it. Rename it to .package, then edit as you wish.

dawnp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2010 December 02, 13:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Anach.
Where do I get it?
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: 2010 December 02, 13:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Anach.
Where do I get it?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html

dawnp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2010 December 02, 13:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow thanks again!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2010 December 02, 14:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dawn, learn to search.  Better yet, please just go away.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2010 December 16, 09:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some resource names may not be displayed.

Error reading _KEY 0166038C:00000001:00000000000E82EA
Front-end Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Library Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)

at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault)

at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie)

at S3PIDemoFE.BrowserWidget.CreateNameMap()
-----
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at NameMapResource.NameMapResource.Parse(Stream s)

at NameMapResource.NameMapResource..ctor(Int32 APIversion, Stream s)

-----

This is the error I keep getting when I try to remerge some hair files. It strikes out the _KEY files, but I'm not sure if it mungs up the functionality of the item. I haven't tested it that far as I've been trying to isolate which hairs are causing this. Looks like some newsea hairs, but not all of them cause this issue. Can someone explain what this error means? If you need further information or screen shots, I'll gladly include them in my next reply. Thank you for your time. Smiley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2010 December 16, 14:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't pretend to understand the error logs, but I do know that I see complaints about buggy newsea hairs all the time.  I'd think twice about having them in my game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2010 December 16, 20:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I do see this complaint here and there about them. I've only tried to use as few of them as possible to avoid issues, but this is the first time I've had a problem. And sadly, it with a few I really liked and wanted to use. Thank you for reaffirming my suspicions.

I think I'll go about quarantining the borked hairs for now. If it helps, it's the Maple, Sister, and I think Piggy hairs. If anyone would like my copy of them to test with (maybe I have a bad download, but I've redownloaded them a few times to try and remove this possibility), I don't mind sharing if it's needed at all. Thank you again, for your time. Smiley
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: 2010 December 16, 21:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't tell you what the error is, but I made the decision to remove those 3 particular hairs long ago due to performance lag and other issues. I also found there were so many versions of those hairs (I tried a few), some more broken than others. However, you could always try getting them from another source as I did and try your luck. Up to you really.

Personally, I prefer to be excessively fussy over what content I put into my game now and only from reliable creators. I have gone from several gig of CC when I started this thread to 280Mb of CC I actually use. First sign of anything not quite right and I remove it, unless it's something simple to fix myself. Reliability has certainly increased. I can leave Sims 3 running all day without a single crash, as it should be.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 16, 21:15:32 by Anach » Logged

dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2010 December 16, 22:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After some moving of files and repeated new merge attempts, I've narrowed the error-throwing files down to the ones in the picture I'm providing.

I've taken a closer look at what was being struck out and it seems that on nearly all of these hairs, the elder male and/or female _KEY file part is the resource that's unable to be read. When I removed the three hairs mentioned before, it seems more hairs seemed to 'break'. After removing each hair after that would further 'break' another hair. After clicking OK through 4-7 similar error messages, I get this error message and S3PE won't continue.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at NameMapResource.NameMapResource.Parse(Stream s)
   at NameMapResource.NameMapResource..ctor(Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
   at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault)
   at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie)
   at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.resourceImportAsDBC()
   at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.menuBarWidget1_MBResource_Click(Object sender, MBClickEventArgs mn)
   at S3PIDemoFE.MenuBarWidget.OnMBResource_Click(Object sender, MB mn)
   at S3PIDemoFE.MenuBarWidget.tsMBR_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
s3pe
    Assembly Version: 1011.4.12.22897
    Win32 Version: 1011.4.12.22897
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pe.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
PresentationCore
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.6920.1427 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
s3pi.CustomForms
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.CustomForms.DLL
s3pi.Interfaces
    Assembly Version: 1011.4.12.22848
    Win32 Version: 1011.4.12.22848
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.Interfaces.DLL
s3pi.WrapperDealer
    Assembly Version: 1011.4.12.22849
    Win32 Version: 1011.4.12.22849
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.WrapperDealer.DLL
s3pi.CASPartResource
    Assembly Version: 1011.4.12.22851
    Win32 Version: 1011.4.12.22851
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.CASPartResource.DLL
System.Custom
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/System.Custom.DLL
s3pi.CatalogResource
    Assembly Version: 1011.4.12.22850
    Win32 Version: 1011.4.12.22850
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.CatalogResource.DLL
s3pi.ComplateResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.ComplateResource.DLL
s3pi.DefaultResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.DefaultResource.DLL
s3pi.DemoPlugins
    Assembly Version: 1011.4.12.22853
    Win32 Version: 1011.4.12.22853
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.DemoPlugins.DLL
s3pi.Extensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.Extensions.DLL
s3pi.GenericRCOLResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.GenericRCOLResource.DLL
s3pi.Settings
    Assembly Version: 1011.4.12.22847
    Win32 Version: 1011.4.12.22847
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.Settings.DLL
s3pi.ImageResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.ImageResource.DLL
s3pi.ModularResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.ModularResource.DLL
s3pi.NameMapResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.NameMapResource.DLL
s3pi.ObjKeyResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.ObjKeyResource.DLL
s3pi.Package
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.Package.DLL
s3pi.ScriptResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.ScriptResource.DLL
s3pi.StblResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.StblResource.DLL
s3pi.TextResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.TextResource.DLL
s3pi.TxtcResource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.TxtcResource.DLL
SlimDX
    Assembly Version: 2.0.10.43
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/SlimDX.DLL
SlimDX.Wpf
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/SlimDX.Wpf.DLL
PresentationFramework
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
-0emrbp-
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

Not sure if this helps to figure what's wrong, but I'm going to redownload some of these ans see what happens. Again, thank you. Smiley
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: 2010 December 16, 22:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you re-download the hair, go and grab the latest s3pe, and check the mods with delphy's dashboard to see if they are conflicting or broken packages. Once you eliminate broken or conflicting packages and if you still have the error, I'll go bother Peter about it.

dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2010 December 17, 02:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was running version S3PE version 10-1104-1243 when I got the errors before, but now I'm using the latest one 10-1202-1426. Still getting the same errors on all the same hairs. Sad

And I have noticed that it's only hairs doing this.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: 2010 December 17, 02:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just tried merging a majority of the hair you listed as well as some additional, and had got the same error with Nouk and short mop, even when done separately. I looked at those packages on their own and s3pe was unable to read the key files. I'm wondering if this actually matters. These maybe just junk files created by the TSR workshop. As long as the other files import ok, it might be safe to either ignore or delete those erroring keys. I'll see what Peter has to say.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 17, 02:46:36 by Anach » Logged

dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2010 December 17, 03:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for taking time to try it yourself. I wasn't sure if something was borked, concerning my PC or my S3PE version.

What gets me is that the HP hairs worked fine when merging in early Nov. when I last merged all of my CC. When I added the new hairs (most of what was in the picture was old and worked before), everything suddenly blew up.

If you need any more information, please let me know. I'm glad to help.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2010 December 17, 04:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding s3pe running out of memory when trying to combine my clothing packages.

Right now I have three combined packages that I'd ideally like to turn into one big package. They are:

Adult.package - 98.3 MB
Teen.package - 42.7 MB
Clothes.package - 55.8 MB (and this file is the one that I want to fold the other two into.)

I they should come together to be under the EA's target size of 200 MB, so I thought things would be cool. But after a certain amount has been imported, the memory space of the application escalates ridiculously to the point where it eats it all up.

I know this is an old post, but I'm currently running into a similar problem, and following the suggested procedure (merging individual packages, then merged those into a single, larger merged package) isn't solving it.

I'm trying this on boot camp with Windows XP. I've got 4 GB of RAM (though XP only recognizes 3), but for the life of me can't get the merged files to go above 50 MB. I know I used to be able to do this, because some of my older packages are up to 100 MB, but since uninstalling and reinstalling my Windows partition, it now errors out if I try to create a package bigger than 50 MB.

Is there some obvious solution that I'm overlooking here?

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: