More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 02:33:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Merging mods to increase Performance!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Merging mods to increase Performance!  (Read 367884 times)
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Merging mods to increase Performance!
« Reply #375 on: 2011 February 19, 11:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, such a quick response!

I feel a little sheepish. Umm, that's the first time I've heard of Granthe's Launcher. The reason I switched over to merging my packages in the first place was the massive performance increase at load-up. I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but merging them brings load times down to "acceptable."

Anyway, I'll go look into that launcer. If it does the same job, I'll switch over. If I see longer loading times, I'll just persevere with the file-monitoring. Like I said, I don't merge that large file very often at all, mostly I'm just merging Hacks packages that get updated on a daily basis.

If you could thank Peter fo the implementation for me, Inge, that would be super. Thanks.

It's not just s3pe that creates temp files in that folder. Many things do, and also remain uncleared. Its probably only noticed due to the size of the mods being merged. I use ccleaner to get rid of all that junk on a regular basis.

tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2011 February 20, 14:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info, Rushad.

I tried out the program, went to the bother to file everything under categories within the program (which took time), and tried to run it. It didn't work for some reason. I could tell because I have a no-intro mod and the intro kept coming up. I checked things, but it wouldn't merge/load my mods. I uninstalled it.

But I have good news! I'm currently using the 64-bit version of s3pe and I was able to use it to merge together 856 MB into one package of 228 MB, without having to save-as-you-go. I just tried it and it worked. I've tried to do this the past (with the same packages), but with eariler versions of the program and only with the 32-bit version, and it always ended up crashing. But, it didn't this time.

I find my own file organizational skills + s3pe-x64 to be exactly what I need. So, Inge, please don't take the functionality out just because I made a fuss.

Oh, and another reason I'm not going to use that launcer (above it not working for me) is because I couldn't figure out how to make 3booter work with it.

I probably won't be around for a while, so cya guys.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: 2011 February 21, 13:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Support for the mod merge feature of s3pe is now located here http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=478.msg3049#msg3049

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: