More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:09:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  A serious error has occurred...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A serious error has occurred...  (Read 23508 times)
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: A serious error has occurred...
« Reply #25 on: 2011 February 20, 14:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I go into passive (ie non-visiting) mode, I should mention that I too suffer from "A serious error", almost all the time, if I let it.

I don't get it at all if I use Windows XP, but if I try to play Sims 3 on Windows 7, I found I couldn't load my developed neighborhoods at all. It would try to load, get about a quarter of the way, and then give up. Highly irritating.

I found some reference to turning off DEP for all the game exe's and it worked. The only thing is, I have to do a reboot. If I quit off Sims 3 and try to load up a neighborhood again, it will fail. If I reboot, it will succeed 95% of the time. I also delete the cache files and the CurrentGame.sims3 (which seems to interfere with the loading process on occasion). I'm now able to play all my old neighborhoods, which at one point was looking to be highly doubtful. EA's "helpful advice" is to delete the neighborhood and start again.

I know what's causing it too. But, in your case, Alexina, I don't think it would be the same. In my case, it's the four-year-old CPU I have that needs replacing. During the loading process, the CPU maxes out, and it at that point when things crash. Before I did the DEP-thing, it would crash 100% at the point where it was maxing out the CPU. After, it must be able to handle the stress a bit better, somehow.

So... that's the source of my problems. I'll probably be upgrading pretty soon, so I don't imagine this to be a long-lasting problem for me. But... that was before I read your stats.

Well, I won't know until I try. Hope you find a solution, Alexina.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 February 20, 15:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your problem is caused by maxing out your CPU, and your computer is old, you should probably try some basic maintenance, like checking that the fans are still spinning properly and blowing the crud out of them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alexina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 February 21, 20:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem was only solved when I did a registry cleanup, reinstalled TS3 and all its expansions ensuring each got updated, and then started with a fresh new 'hood with very few mods.  All I got now is awesomemod and Buzz's fixes for excavation sites and bad mood, and all legit downloads of TS3 store stuff.  So far been a few days, I'm well into my 2nd generation, had no issues except some sims being stuck in a loop that needed resetting as they were causing the game to lag every 3 seconds, and a few LN bugs with sims not able to use the elevators and no bartenders.  They were easily fixable though so nothing major yet.

I'm outta here, had enough of these MATY wassacks.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 February 21, 23:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem was only solved when I did a registry cleanup, reinstalled TS3 and all its expansions ensuring each got updated, and then started with a fresh new 'hood with very few mods.  All I got now is awesomemod and Buzz's fixes for excavation sites and bad mood, and all legit downloads of TS3 store stuff.  So far been a few days, I'm well into my 2nd generation, had no issues except some sims being stuck in a loop that needed resetting as they were causing the game to lag every 3 seconds, and a few LN bugs with sims not able to use the elevators and no bartenders.  They were easily fixable though so nothing major yet.
So in other words a complete reinstall which you should have just done in the first place, rather than bitching about emailing EA.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 February 21, 23:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So in other words a complete reinstall which you should have just done in the first place, rather than bitching about emailing EA.

Alexina needs to bitch about things like plants need sunlight and water, apparently.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 February 21, 23:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexina needs to bitch about things like plants need sunlight and water, apparently.

Be careful. She's going to tell you to shut up VERY ELABORATELY now.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Alexina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 February 22, 12:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, guess I forgot to post somewhere that I already did a complete reinstall the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth time, half of those had no CC installed, and I still got various issues that made the game unplayable.  This time I just got lucky although I'm waiting for the whole thing to die once it enters 3rd generation. Tongue

Quote from: spockblock
Be careful. She's going to tell you to shut up VERY ELABORATELY now.

Oh, you'd love to hear that from me don't you?  I only tell people to shut up by action, usually involving a fist to the balls of the guy who's pissing me off.  You'd better buy yourself a steel codpeice Jeromy.

I'm outta here, had enough of these MATY wassacks.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 February 22, 14:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, a threat over the internet.  Whatever shall I do?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 February 22, 19:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you'd love to hear that from me don't you?  I only tell people to shut up by action, usually involving a fist to the balls of the guy who's pissing me off.  You'd better buy yourself a steel codpeice Jeromy.

Heavens, an Internet Tough Person! Protect me, I feel faint.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 February 22, 19:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you'd love to hear that from me don't you?  I only tell people to shut up by action, usually involving a fist to the balls of the guy who's pissing me off.  You'd better buy yourself a steel codpeice Jeromy.

Heavens, an Internet Tough Person! Protect me, I feel faint.
I wouldn't worry. She's obviously a midget if she's at punching level to the groin, one swift kick would send her flying.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: