More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:47:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  If you REALLY want to use Launcher to install Sims3Pack with 1.8/2.3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: If you REALLY want to use Launcher to install Sims3Pack with 1.8/2.3  (Read 81219 times)
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: If you REALLY want to use Launcher to install Sims3Pack with 1.8/2.3
« Reply #75 on: 2010 March 02, 03:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GnatGoSplat, after browsing into some .ini files at the game folder I find out a easier way to this all this process to make the launcher work.

All you need is the .exe v1.7.9/2.2.8, all you have to do is to put the .exe into the folder you currently use, example, if you have HELs, then put it at <HELS Dir>\Game\Bin.
Rename the exe you copied to a fitting name, "WorkingEXE" for this example.

In the bin folder it will be a file named "Sims3Launcher.ini" open it with notepad, edit the line with GameProcessName "variable" with the name of the exe, in this example it will be:
GameProcessName = WorkingEXE

Save it. Done, now you can use the launcher you normally open the game.

This saves the bytes to create a copy of the whole Bin folder.

Forgot to say:
Don't use the Launcher to open the game, use a shortcut to the game binary instead.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 02, 23:46:10 by markjs » Logged
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 March 05, 16:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've been happily using this method, and the message from markjs makes it even simpler, but I have not been able to install the last simpacks updates: first it said I needed to update and try again, and putting through s3rc it hangs indefinitely at 0% of 'installing'. I haven't tried decrapifying yet, as it would defeat the point, but  is it just me because I suck, or did anyone have the same problem?

Tried decrapifying, did the 'am installed, but not really routine', decrapified through DOS, same thing, then tried with the working launcher, and it hangs, same as before.
I'm officially beaten.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 05, 18:18:57 by Indiasong » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 March 05, 22:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried decrapifying, did the 'am installed, but not really routine', decrapified through DOS, same thing, then tried with the working launcher, and it hangs, same as before.
I'm officially beaten.

I decrapified the Fairy Set with Jfade's new tool, and installed it with an unmodified HELS Launcher just fine.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 March 06, 00:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to find it, but only found 0.15, so thought it wasn't out yet.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 March 06, 00:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to find it, but only found 0.15, so thought it wasn't out yet.

You can get the latest version in this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18154.50.html.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 March 06, 01:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this one, but didn't try it because there wasn't a decrapify inside. Dumb again.
Well, success but not installed, so I'm stumped.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 06, 02:08:18 by Indiasong » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 March 06, 03:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why it doesn't have the decrapify.exe inside, but it does decrapify.  Did you select Decrapify specifically, or try the unmodified HELS Launcher?

Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 March 06, 14:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried everything.
Thank you for trying to help anyway.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 March 06, 22:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it seems that decrapified fireplaces don't show up in-game anyway.  So it's back to manual .dbc files for me.  Grin

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2010 March 18, 09:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was successfully using this method for quite a while. Today, I've run into a problem.

I decided to split the store content and other S3Packs into separate DBC/Packages. The store DBC works fine; the working launcher even shows the installed symbol. But when installing other S3Packs (TSR, SimplyStyling Around The Sims...etc) , I get the "success" note on all of them, but no installed symbols in the working launcher. I make a copy of the DBC so it's in 2 places (Sims folder and Mods folder), and the content doesn't show up. I tried opening this DBC file in S3PE, and this 2.99 GB file is empty of content.

Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't changed anything about my setup so, I doubt that would be the problem. I know there are other methods of fixing the file, but I'm more curious as to why this install method just stopped working.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 March 20, 22:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm stumped. I followed all of the steps in the first post but now all that happens when I try to install content is, well, nothing.
I recently reinstalled my game and used the .exe from the disc to do the replacing with.
The launcher opens fine, content in the Downloads folder shows up but when I attempt to install it I get a 'busy' cursor then the launcher flashes and all content is then unticked and no attempt is made to install it.

The main reason I didn't try decrapify this time is that the last time I did the content ended up being named as strings of random numbers in the catalogue. Looks like I'll have to give it another try though.
honey_bunny
Asinine Airhead

Keeper of Sim Animals

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 March 21, 01:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the launcher to install other custom content (like from TSR and such), but I never used this method to do it. Right now, I'm having a hard time trying to get the launcher to load the installed content so that I can uninstall a couple items that have been updated for the recent patch. I read somewhere on this site that if I delete the .dbc, that would make me have to install all my content back through the launcher...but when the person asked if it really would delete his content if he deleted it all from the dccache and the dcbackup folders, it was never answered. I just want to make sure before I do this because I don't want to not be able to install it again without uninstalling the game first.
Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 April 19, 22:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello !  Smiley
I'm new and I was wondering if this method could work with 1.11/2.6/3.2
Because the Store items don't show in game.
I think I must have done something wrong...

And even if with your explainations, I still don't understand the part about the DOS, sorry...
Could explain me again what we must put in the line 'Dos path', please ?

Thanks in advance... Wink
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 April 20, 06:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just copypasta now.

Try following the directions I wrote at the bottom of this post. Srsly.
How to make .dbc files in Windoze XP
29th March 2010

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 May 08, 15:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, everyone !

I've got a problem ; when I want to download an item via the launcher, it says that it was succesful but there isn't the sign that it is installed in the game.
And yet, I followed the instructions...
What can I do ? Huh
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 May 08, 21:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a problem ; when I want to download an item via the launcher, it says that it was succesful but there isn't the sign that it is installed in the game.
And yet, I followed the instructions...
What can I do ? Huh

SEARCH MOAR.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 May 08, 21:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem with installing store stuff is that only some of it gives me a "you must upadate your software... yada yada". My game is fully up to date, version 3.2. I have WA and HELS. Nothing of mine is arred. I tried decrapifying. I tried installing from the dashboard, which told me was installed, but it lied. Since it had lied to me, I tried deleting the contents of the DCCache and then clicking all in the launcher. Again the update software message came up. The items are the renault, hair Curls on the Side, hair Flip, various Around the Sims items and a few patterns I picked up along the way.

Is anyone able to help?
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 May 09, 11:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose if you patched your game to the latest, you should change the files you use in the working launcher too. I get the message, but haven't done anything about it yet, because the only things that will install in my game are those I install from the EA site. cc isn't marked installed, neither is decrapified stuff. But it is in game in spite of that. The main problem is that the launcher installs them individually, small dbc files for each time, if I try again, it will install them again. I found lots of dbcs of the same size, with a few minutes difference.
So I make big packages while I muster the time and energy to reinstall the game.
I don't like decrapifying anyway because of the duplicates when you download houses, or the objects disappearing from the downloaded houses.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 May 09, 13:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like decrapifying anyway because of the duplicates when you download houses, or the objects disappearing from the downloaded houses.

Protip: decrapify downloaded houses before installing them.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2010 June 05, 00:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This method no longer works for versions above 1.11.7;
Due to a change in the command line the old executable won't be able to read the arguments properly.

The new method consists on while you press to install the content, the game will extract the .Sims3Pack's to DCBackup folder, after he finishes to extract them, he join them into a single file at the TEMP directory, after that it rename it's extension to .DBC and insert into DCCache folder.

The new command line is the following:
<EXE DiR> -ccinstall:"<TEMP DiR>/tsl**********.tmp" -r:450x350 -w -nosound

Since the old executable was not made to read it that way, it crashes.

So who use this method will have to use Pescado's Recompressor to decrapify CC or get back to extract and join files with S3PE.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: