More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:26:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Colonization 212 - A New World - Updated Jan 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Colonization 212 - A New World - Updated Jan 3  (Read 43601 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Colonization 212 - A New World - Updated Jan 3
« on: 2009 December 31, 02:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tired of the green pastures of Sunset Valley and Riverview? Have an urge to see other planets? Come visit Colonization 212, located on a planet far away in the Simverse..

Administrative Dome. Next to it there is a bigger Residential Bunker for the Leader of the Colonization.

This simworld has a blue surface, quiet strange to sim earth inhabitants. The texture is somewhat beehivish.. maybe the planet was inhabited by some bee like creatures, once upon a time? Who knows. There is water on the planet, water with a tealish color, and also tealish mud.

Read more, see pics and download here:

http://simverses.net/blog/

Oh, and please let me know of any problems, like stuck sims or anything else
« Last Edit: 2010 January 03, 17:55:41 by ingeli » Logged
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
Re: Colonization 212 - A New World
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 31, 05:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANKS, THAT WAS GREAT!

However, sims are walking through the sides of the domes. I suck with CAW, but is there some way to mark them as "off limits"?

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 31, 06:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a list for other CC? I have the rabbit holes, and the Ultra Lounge set, but could you list everything you used? So there's no random missing stuff?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 31, 07:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANKS, THAT WAS GREAT!

However, sims are walking through the sides of the domes. I suck with CAW, but is there some way to mark them as "off limits"?
You can paint the ring under the dome "sims non-routable", which would cause sims not to route through them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 31, 12:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, the domes are tricky when it comes to routing. Leave them as-is, and they seem to be  not accessible. I put in these under-walks, and they are, but it looks like they walk through glass. As they live and work inside them, I want them to be able to. But if you want to you can paint around them and make them all closed off. A dome with a proper entrance would be better, of course.

About CC: I did try to not use much cc in this world, but you know how it is, it can happen anyway as I normally have a lot of it. I will see if I need to add to the list, are there any objects in particular you miss?

OK, I now found one CC set I used in one of the bunker types, Angelas Warwick kitchen from TSR:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-objects-kitchen/title/%20Warwick%20Kitchen/id/923912/
« Last Edit: 2009 December 31, 13:05:50 by ingeli » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 31, 18:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm noticing that fire and burglar alarms are missing... at least in all the homes I checked.  Did you use special ones?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 31, 18:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Live dangerously, Moryrie. I don't give my sims alarms. Either they fight off the fire/perp or they die.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 31, 18:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No they were not added, to keep costs down Tongue - they are really mostly needed for the active family and can easily be added. Also a wish to fulfil Wink - A question: did anyone notice if the cc kitchen I used got packed with the hood? It was launcher stuff, which I had installed in mods folder, and I am just curious if it packs up like it does with lots. The kitchen is used in the more expensive small bunker type, type 1.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 31, 18:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the no-fire hack. xD ... But I still stick fire/burglar alarms wherever..

I also haven't seen a burglar since... July?

And you had that kitchen set along with some showers and I think some sinks in the lots you uploaded last time, so those all appeared, no idea if they were packaged for anyone though. I noticed some patterns installed themselves when I downloaded someone else's world though, so they probably did.

I really like your uber expensive empty lots by the way. xD .. This game needs more money-sinks.

LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 31, 18:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like a fun world. Thanks for sharing!
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 02, 04:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like your neighborhood, but there are a few hiccups. I have to manually tell sims to go to work because they won't automatically due to the lack of car-pools. One of the domes has houses for a negative price. The game hiccups every few sim hours for a few seconds before resuming. On the negatively priced bunkers, it has issues placing objects on the lowest basement, and the problem continues on each basement below it if you add more. Also, I can't seem to move a sim out, because the game crashed to desktop when I try. Did I somehow install the neighborhood incorrectly thus causing these problems, well other than the car-pool which is just caused by the lack of roads?

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 02, 15:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noting your observations. I haven't notice any problems placing stuff on lowest level, and my sims seem to go to work ok - besides some that have lots with accessibility problems which I am researching. The lot prices are experimental, the idea is to have really cheap lots for newcomers, but I will adjust these for the next version (which will be released after some extensive testing and adjustments).
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 02, 21:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noting your observations. I haven't notice any problems placing stuff on lowest level, and my sims seem to go to work ok - besides some that have lots with accessibility problems which I am researching. The lot prices are experimental, the idea is to have really cheap lots for newcomers, but I will adjust these for the next version (which will be released after some extensive testing and adjustments).
I seemed to have fixed the item placement on the bottom floor, but this was after I reinstalled the DLC stuff and the world, and then moved the world to the nonpackaged worlds folder. I still have hiccups though, maybe you can offer a version without the domes for slower video cards?

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 03, 01:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be possible. I also made a base game version, cleansed of WA items. Will be uploaded later today.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 03, 01:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is rather good. Would be nice for a vacation hood particularly.
I'll keep an eye on this. Although the crater texture would look better than the honeycomb one.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 03, 06:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated to a new version, and posted two alternative versions (base game and less deco). No, I will not do color variations. This particular sim planet is blue. However, if your sims want to colonize another planet of other color, feel free to use the buildings I also posted, if you have use for them Smiley.

http://simverses.net/blog/default.aspx
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Colonization 212 - A New World - Updated Jan 3
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 04, 01:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you plan on making smaller variations of this? I remember seeing you intended to make smaller ones for your medieval world, but you never mentioned if you were doing the same for this one.

And I really like the blue. xD .. it was fun doing a photo-shoot in this world, even if the sim who I took photos of was... less than popular.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 January 04, 01:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded her Smiley I think she must live there, she fits in Cheesy. Well, I have played with the thought. Maybe when I have finished one or two medieval worlds, the medieval urge is now starting to remind itself. One reason I created this is that I play this hood and get my dose of modern, bright and simple, then I can happily go back to dark wood and brownish clothing Wink
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 January 04, 04:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I understand.  I get sick of certain types of decor and end up redecorating a lot since I don't really have specific themes going on in each game, though I've found the color scheme that ends up annoying me most is the red/white/black with dark woods. Best of luck with your Medieval worlds. ^^ And I'm glad you like her.

sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 January 07, 18:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.  I'm working on something very similar. 

The domes have to be in-lot, as world objects cause interference on the building plane. 

To constrain movement through the dome, you will have to build a wall.

The best way to position the dome over the lot is to build a 4-story square that is depressed 2 stories in the center of the lot, and then use that to change the elevation of the dome, then remove the squares you used to control the elevation.

That way the dome object won't occlude object/wall placement on the first 3 buildable 'stories', without being too elevated.

If you position it right, you'll end up with a nice concrete skirt in which to hide a low wall, so that your sims won't run through the dome itself.

I'll show some screenies later when I get home.

I'm currently trying to generate some lunar terrain that looks good using a paint program and importing the elevation table.  We'll see how that works out.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 January 07, 19:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the place-on-lot-technique for my first versions of the Colonization, in Sunset Valley. But they didn't satisfy me, as they demand a very big lot and restrain the building too much, I think. Thats why I used placing the domes in the world this time, which has worked out pretty well for this world. The sims only go through the dome glass if a lot is placed so that it has both a part outside and inside the dome. If its completely inside the dome, its not accessible for sims at all.

Here is a picture of one of my bunkers, taken on basement level, where the dome is visible with its basement part.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 09:11:21 by ingeli » Logged
sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 January 07, 19:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Real estate is really not a problem.

I too like the idea of having domes be world objects, which permits the lots to not have any community objects on them, but so far I haven't been happy with the results.

How are you handling access and egress?  I found it was a very graceful soluition to put the dome on the lot, and then wall the property in with fences and build a hallway with doors that protrudes through the dome.  This way sims appear to go through an airlock of sorts to enter and leave the dome. 

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010 January 07, 20:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that idea, but was more concerned that they could go home and to work, as well as have access to the different venues on the community lots. (Almost all lots in this world are inside domes). I would experiment with no routing paint in CAW to restrict the sims, if I was aiming for that.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 09:10:03 by ingeli » Logged
sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 January 08, 04:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ultimately, I decided against putting the domes off-lot because then you are restricted to a lot that is considerably smaller, so that the square fits entirely inside the dome with enough room to lay down no-pathing paint.  Remember, you can't paint a lot with no-path paint, so if the dome intersects the lot, the sims will squeeze out of the holes like ants crawling through a gap in the window.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 January 08, 07:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can put a 20x30 standard lot comfortably inside of a dome. Given that the basement tool unlocks an absolutely enormous amount of space, there's really no reason you'd NEED more space. Additionally, you don't even really need walls, since technically, you are already indoors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: