More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:24:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Colonization 212 - A New World - Updated Jan 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Colonization 212 - A New World - Updated Jan 3  (Read 43806 times)
sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Colonization 212 - A New World - Updated Jan 3
« Reply #25 on: 2010 January 08, 22:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can put a 20x30 standard lot comfortably inside of a dome. Given that the basement tool unlocks an absolutely enormous amount of space, there's really no reason you'd NEED more space. Additionally, you don't even really need walls, since technically, you are already indoors.

I had occlusion issues on the lot underneath the dome when I made the domes be world objects in my game.  There is a lot that is desirable about having the domes be world objects, but I was unable to build walls without them registering as colliding with the world object. 

Also, I could not find any graceful way to have an exit path through the dome when it was on a non-lot world segment.  There are no available objects that I could overlay to obscure the sims walking directly through the dome wall, which I found unattractive.  When it is on a lot, I can cut 'through' the dome with a tunnel that has doors on either side, and it looks good and logical.

I'll show what I mean in a bit.

sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 January 09, 04:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I currently have.  It meets all my criteria which are to be playable without any wonkiness, to appear logical and require a minimum of hacks to make work.  Here is the wall layout with entrance tunnel exposed :

Detail view of the entrance tunnel :

View of the door with scenery and roof :

Zoomed out view of dome, with contents :

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 January 16, 07:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ingeli, I eagerly await your updated version. I hope you'll let us know when it is ready and you've resolved the problem with the lakes.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2010 January 18, 17:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ellatrue, its up - download the new version here:
http://simverses.net/files/Files/Colonization212c.rar
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 January 21, 00:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huzzah! Thank you!

cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 March 17, 20:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great world, ingeli.

I'm having a bit of trouble with some objects though. I have the required CC installed (Melissa's rabbit holes, Riverview, UltraLounge set), as mentioned on your site's page. It may also be worth mentioning that I decrapified the .sim3pack install files. That shouldn't affect the contents inside, but who knows... it's worth mentioning.

Anyway, I've attached two screenshots. I'm hoping you (or someone else) can tell me what those missing objects are. Some screenshots to show me what it should look like would be appreciated as well.

The two screenshots below are from the Aristophanes and Cyclope domes.

In both, there are white blocks by the waterside. Mousing over gives the message "Missing object resource instance 319e4f1d:00000000:0000000000" (in both domes).
Type 3 bunkers also have white blocks at ground level (visible in the Cyclope screenshot). Mousing over produces the same message and hex numbers.

Aristophanes Dome Center

Cyclope Dome Center

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 March 17, 21:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I've read Pescado saying that decrapifying objects etc does change them and that they need to be replaced ingame after decrapification.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 17, 21:44:15 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 March 17, 22:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was if you decrapified the .dbc files directly.

Edit: Actually, maybe decrapifying .sim3pack changes the contents too? I remember reading a couple things that suggested otherwise. One of which was the Compressorizer Redux page: "You should be aware that if you decrapify any content that is ALREADY installed (IE the .dbc files), you will then need to decrapify all of your saved game files."

But I do remember having trouble with one piece of clothing after I reinstalled with decrapified .sim3pack files, which makes me question the emphasis on dbc files.

Having said that, decrapifying the colonization sim3pack file doesn't fix my problem. Decrapifying the save file doesn't fix it either.
So if someone can tell me what those white blocks are supposed to be, I'll just replace them manually.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 17, 23:38:02 by cavalier » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 March 18, 00:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have debug turned on for those photos, do you?  Because they could just be butterflies and bugs if you do.  Aside from that, I haven't played this world, so I can't help you, but I would hazard a guess that there might be a grill or two by the pool.  I can't imagine why there would be tables there unless it was to put hotdogs on.
cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 March 18, 01:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless Awesome mod turns on debug by default, no it's not on. I was in build mode though.

If it's a grill, then I wonder if it's CC I don't have, because none of my 4 grills have the CC icon. Base did come with 4 grills, right?
I know if you decrapify store content directly (ie: DBC or package file), it will lose the CC icon, but if you just decrapify the sim3pack file, the game will correctly see it as CC and have the corresponding icon.

Anyway, if those things by the pool are really grills, I wonder what the things in the bunker are.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2010 March 18, 02:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapifying wrecked your hood. I can tell you what those used to be because I've tested this place before. The white boxes were harvest-able plants (Pomegranates, plums, limes, tomatoes and the like.) She had them all over the place, all the home lots, and mini parks and such. The basement of the science building is totally filled with plants.

So... uninstall... and install a NON-Decrapified version.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 March 18, 02:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only de-crapified the sim3pack files though. In other words, I only decrapified EA store custom content. I did not touch the base game files or dbc files. Harvestable plants should not be affected...

I should also mention that I haven't played on the Colonization world yet. And my regular game in Sunset Valley has the base harvestable plants showing up fine in the garden (I didn't play with WA plants seeds yet).

Edit: Having said that, how would you install non-decrapified store content that is arred. Is everyone extracting them to .package files and throwing them into the mod folder? What are most people doing at the moment? I know at the start it was using dbc or individual package files in mod folders, but that was at the start. Since then more options have appeared, such as decrapifying sim3pack files to allow the launcher to install them. Are there any more options?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 18, 02:57:50 by cavalier » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2010 March 18, 03:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I merge them all and keep them in my packages folder... the old files had the .dbc extension changed to .package, and everything else is run through an old version of the compressorisor, then jammed in with one of the smaller old .dbcs. Unless I download someone else's merged ones for that month like I did this month.

Try reinstalling the world again, and see if you get the same results.

cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 March 18, 03:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try reinstalling the world again, and see if you get the same results.

Already tried that earlier. I even tried decrapifying the sim3pack file. No difference.

Edit: By the way, the last time you played Colonization, was it with the most recent version from Jan 3rd?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 18, 03:37:18 by cavalier » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 March 18, 03:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could also be that that would was build before the HELS patch.

cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 March 18, 03:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you think the latest patches could've broken it?

And it looks like I edited my previous post after you responded.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2010 March 18, 03:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, didn't catch that, and I played with both versions, didn't play her base game version though. Later I saved most of the lots and placed them on a similar 'alien' world because I didn't really love the hugeness of this world.

But if reinstalling and such didn't help you, the patch may have borked something. I know there's another world I couldn't play at all after installing HELS, because it tells me I'm missing an EP whenever I try to access a save. Even though I have all the EPs. It's odd.

cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 March 18, 04:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Btw, are the poolside white blocks really supposed to be plants?

...Just seems kinda odd to put harvestable plants right next to the pool...
I was actually wondering if they were lights or something.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 March 18, 04:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They really were plants. I am dead serious. The things right next to the tables were grills, but the ones on the far side were plants.

cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 March 18, 04:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, okay. And what about the stuff in the bunker's ground level?

That one really had me stumped because those were type3 bunkers. They're the cheapest and are supposed to have the least amount of stuff in them. Type2 and Type1b are supposed to be better equipped, but their ground level floors were empty.

And do you know which grill it was? (Gonna manually replace it)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2010 March 18, 04:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The grill was the cheap park variety.

Also, all the white squares in the bunkers, at ground level, were... plants. They had quite a variety, apple trees, tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, watermelons, lettuce and so forth.

cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 March 18, 05:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really boggles my mind why these non-CC items are not showing up.

Anyway, looks like I'll have to reinstall everything anyway since the 10th store update borked my launcher. Can't uninstall stuff since checking installed content makes it hang -_-. I'll probably try the dbc method when I reinstall. That methods makes CC lose their icon right? But otherwise should work flawlessly?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2010 March 18, 05:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If by loose the icon, you mean the download diamond yes. They'll look the same as all the package content. While that can be annoying, you get used to it, and there's no other drawbacks.

cavalier
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 March 18, 05:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I just came across Pescado's post in the DBC thread.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707.msg520118.html#msg520118

Also, manual DBC-making is obsolete, anyway, decrapification is the new method of choice.

So maybe I shouldn't bother redoing it with that method?

I think it'd also be great if Pescado could comment whether decrapifying sim3pack files permanently changes the contents, or if that only happens when decrapifying dbc and package files directly.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2010 March 18, 05:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shrug* The method I'm using works, and has been working, so I don't feel like changing. Do whatever you feel is best. But if you want, I could redownload and check things out to see if I'm seeing the same thing you are. That would more or less verify that it is that patch that caused issues. If everything's normal for me.. then it probably has something to do with decrapifying probably.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: