More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 12:27:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Some Store objects revert to original colors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some Store objects revert to original colors  (Read 19705 times)
trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Some Store objects revert to original colors
« Reply #25 on: 2011 April 01, 06:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate having to register and ask a question, because I've solved most of the issues I've had using the search function, and I doubly hate having to necrobump, especially a thread where the issue is apparently resolved, but I'm having this problem even with decrappifying. 

I've decrapped the sims3pack files, or whatever the original files are called, and, when that didn't work, I decrapped the package files that are extracted from Delphy's Multi-Installer, but that too produced no results.  I even got so desperate I tried installing my decrappified sims3pack via the launcher, and when that didn't work, decrappified the packages the Launcher extracted.  Each time I retry, I delete all the cache files in the Documents/EA/Sims3. I'm using the latest version of s3rc.

I'm not sure if I'm decrappifying wrong, if I'm missing some other thread on here with a solution to the problem, or if these store objects are just irredeemably broken. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you decrapify the contents of your Saves folders or see if things behave properly in a new game?  EA's crapified content doesn't play well with decrapified files.
HKPhooey
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 April 01, 06:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I did.  I even deleted my saves and tried a fresh neighborhood, but still no dice.
trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 April 01, 07:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the only other thing I can think of offhand (other than purging everything and starting over) is to decrapify the contents of your DCCache folder (where the shitty evil launcher installs the files).  If that doesn't work, you'll have to hope someone more knowledgeable than I helps you (and points out what a useless nimrod I am).
HKPhooey
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 April 01, 12:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've apparently solved the issue, though I'm not quite sure how, because I did nothing different this time around. I redownloaded everything, decrapped it as I had before, had to go through the launcher, but now my custom patterns stay when I put a dishwasher in the store counters. It's still not perfect, when I use the eyedropper tool to copy a counter I've customized, the copy has the default pattern, but I can at least change it and have my customizations stay.  I haven't tried placing a corner cabinet yet, but I can live with this.
trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 April 01, 15:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your corner counters will probably revert to default, but should be CASTable.  Mine revert; I've just never cared enough to do anything about it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: