More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 04:40:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Some Store objects revert to original colors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some Store objects revert to original colors  (Read 19703 times)
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Some Store objects revert to original colors
« on: 2009 December 29, 14:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that some of the store objects will not keep their customized CAST patterns after being placed in a moving family's inventory. Yesterday, I also noticed that the problem happens with the "Overachieving Counter" if I try to put an appliance in it, or make it a corner counter.

When this happens, the instance of that object will no longer allow me to change its style, leaving me stuck with the stock colors if I want to use it.

I'm wondering if others have seen this same problem, and if there is a solution. It happened with just the base game, and it still happens in a fully patched WA install. None of this store content is paid for, BTW.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Some Store objects revert to original colors
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 29, 23:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not the only one. I noticed this with one of the kitchen sets from the store. I recolored the counter, started placing them, but when it got to the corner, the corner counter turned to the default color and I couldn't change the color on it anymore. This makes it so I don't use the store counters anymore.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 30, 00:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed with the store stuff, but have seen this with the counters. I will pick a color for all of my counters, set them down, and then sometime later decide I want them one square over. I pick one up, place it back down in new location, and it is now the default color combo. I don't recall if Undo, puts the color back when it puts the object back in it's previous location, but I do not believe so. I can't comment on putting counters down from catalog in a different color then the default, I often place the default down to look at style and then change all of the colors later.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 30, 01:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Overachieving Counter has always been a problem with reverting, but before the 1.8 update, you could design the colors back if they were wrong. Now you can't design them after the reverting, so I don't use them like that anymore. I just use them in the bathroom now.

Pity EA would "f" those cabinets up, they were the best ones. More of a pity, EA wants you to spend money on something that doesn't work. Tsk!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 30, 12:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Overacheiving corner counter has always been broken for me (only displays the default colour), no matter which game version. As a workaround I've been using the base game modern counter for the corner only, and the Overacheiving one for the rest - since the doors don't show on a corner counter, the difference isn't all that obvious.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Counters and Cabinets Issue
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 02, 17:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In existing homes, if I delete a stove/counter/cabinet that is attached to a corner piece it resets back to it's original color/pattern and is then disabled from being recolored. In newly created homes, the corner pieces remain the same color/pattern and are disabled from being recolored. This issue is not exclusive to store content or resource content. I've never experienced this situation before and wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any thoughts on the matter. Currently I am using the most recent patch and awesomemod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 26, 09:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Digging up this issue to report that it is apparently caused by File Crapification, an issue cured by s3rc, with a few caveats.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anghara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 26, 23:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this issue with the Panda Crib from the Store too. I'm not a big fan of brown wicker in nurseries, prefer white thanks, so again, no longer using what was my favourite crib.... Not happy that good money is being given in good faith for shoddy stuff that doesn't work properly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 26, 23:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try decrapifying?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anghara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 26, 23:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I regret that I am not awesome enough to have done more than download the awesomemod as yet. I have managed to get the framework downloaded and (I hope) installed correctly. Awesomemod is indeed next on my list because to be quite honest EA have successfully made the game almost unplayable for any length of time without something Awesome being done to it.

Luckily I have MATY to relieve the problems, solve the issues, and re-energise the playability factor. Thankful indeed am I, if still nowhere near awesome in and of myself Smiley
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 27, 20:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try decrapifying?

I tried this on the overachieving counter, and its behavior changed to a different type of borkedness. Now it will no longer change to fit an appliance, and it changes to a different counter mesh completely if I make it a corner, or take it out of the family inventory.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 28, 01:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't the behavior I got. Did you decrapify the saved games you were using it in, too?

noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 28, 02:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't the behavior I got. Did you decrapify the saved games you were using it in, too?

I decrapified the save I was playing, the userpreset, the library, and all the other objects in the set the counter was in. I also deleted the caches.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 28, 12:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try with the new version?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 29, 01:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having this issue with pretty much all base game counters now. I change all of their settings to something I want, then put them in the location I want and then whatever counter in in the corner reverts back to default and can not be changed. It has really taken the fun out of decorating.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 29, 15:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting the corner issue with a bunch of the counters too. Now I've been placing my counters first, then using CASt to change the color of them and so far, I'm not having anymore issues with the corner counter going back to the default color and becoming non-CASt-able. I haven't tried it yet with the store counter, but it could possibly work.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 29, 18:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting the corner issue with a bunch of the counters too. Now I've been placing my counters first, then using CASt to change the color of them and so far, I'm not having anymore issues with the corner counter going back to the default color and becoming non-CASt-able. I haven't tried it yet with the store counter, but it could possibly work.

That appears to be working on the already in game counters, the stores ones do not respond to that though. They change pattern when they turn into corners and are unelectable. This has unfortunately broken quite a few custom counters as well.

noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 January 30, 02:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try with the new version?

If I try it again, can I do it with the same files I already ran through once, or must I use originals? I ask because I was a 'tard and didn't back them up.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 January 30, 02:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same should be fine.

noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 01, 17:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still did not work Sad
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 01, 23:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have the problem with counters changing color until the latest patch, and the only one really giving me problems is the Overachieving Counter, if I make corners or stack it with an undercounter appliance.

All of my store content is inside giant DBC files.  Can they still be decrapified?  Not being awesome, I'm sketchy on all but the simplest of decrapification.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 01, 23:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can decrapify a giant DBC, yes.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 February 02, 00:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye aye, decrapification in progress.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
NaturalWoman
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 February 02, 04:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using the CAS to customize the first counter you place and switching to the eye dropper tool to place the others.  I stopped using the grab and drag method because it's a bit awkward for repetitive jobs like placing counters. When I read your thread, I wondered if the reason I stopped having this problem was because I stopped using grab and drag and started using the eye dropper tool.  So, I just did a quick test using the culprit counter and the two methods: reversion when I place all the counters and then customize by grabbing the presets and dragging them over the counters one by one; no reversion when I customize the first counter and place the rest with the eye dropper tool.  Placing objects on the counters doesn't change them, nor does installing dishwashers or moving them in and out of corner positions.  I also tested them by placing them in and out of family inventory (though I didn't actually move my test gal).  They appear to revert while in inventory but have their custom look when placed back in the game.
HKPhooey
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 April 01, 06:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate having to register and ask a question, because I've solved most of the issues I've had using the search function, and I doubly hate having to necrobump, especially a thread where the issue is apparently resolved, but I'm having this problem even with decrappifying. 

I've decrapped the sims3pack files, or whatever the original files are called, and, when that didn't work, I decrapped the package files that are extracted from Delphy's Multi-Installer, but that too produced no results.  I even got so desperate I tried installing my decrappified sims3pack via the launcher, and when that didn't work, decrappified the packages the Launcher extracted.  Each time I retry, I delete all the cache files in the Documents/EA/Sims3. I'm using the latest version of s3rc.

I'm not sure if I'm decrappifying wrong, if I'm missing some other thread on here with a solution to the problem, or if these store objects are just irredeemably broken. Any help would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: