More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 12:25:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AM, WA, and OS X Snow Leopard
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AM, WA, and OS X Snow Leopard  (Read 4354 times)
stim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AM, WA, and OS X Snow Leopard
« on: 2009 December 29, 00:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you tell by the date how much I've been putting off this foolery?

At this point, I've completely uninstalled the entire game and am fresh installing both base game and expansion for the second time today. Searched around the forum and the google to see what I could find and....still unsolved. Somewhere down the line in trying to get AM installed in a workable fashion, I managed to bork the entire production and made the game completely unopenable. Not happy...

Okay, problem: I can't get the game to load with AM in the Mods folder. Run up to splash screen then freeze on 0% load. Someone else had this problem but it was different issue. Framework installed properly. Everything installed properly as far as I can see (cleared out all other mods just to ensure it wasn't that). Attempt to install framework into WA directory is what borked it the last time. Thinking that's not the solution.  Patched all the way up last time. Tried both versions of AM, same problem with both. Game loads fine with just framework, without framework, and framework + everything but AM.

Again, I am operating under OS X Snow Leopard. I'm aware that makes me pretty much fucked and out in the middle of nowhere. But does anyone have a suggestion for a course of action so that by the time all this crap is reinstalled in an hour I might have better luck? Coolio.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: AM, WA, and OS X Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 29, 01:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm feeling somewhat nice here since I have the same setup. And while I should just tell you to go to coconnor's thread and fend for yourself since in reality that's all you need to do, I'll provide an updated OMG WITH PICTURES version for us. Which is not nearly as pretty as the original but meh.

Open the package contents of The Sims 3. (Find the app => right click => show package contents.)

Now go to your Documents/The Sims 3 Folder. Delete all four cache files. If this doesn't work, drag the whole damn folder to the desktop and make the game rebuild it. You can put saves, installed worlds, screenshots, downloads, and custom music back in there.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
stim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 29, 01:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I followed coconnor's instructions. And they got me to nowheresville. I followed them twice, to the T and got nothing to show for it besides a couple of hours of wasted time.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 29, 01:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then yes, reinstall, then follow those instructions with brand new copies of everything.

Back up your saves, downloads, mods, whatever first and then delete The Sims 3.app, The Sims 3 World Adventures.app, and your The Sims 3 folder in Documents.

Reinstall everything. Reinstall the framework with a fresh copy. Download the beta version of Awesomemod. Run the game with nothing else. If it works? Great! If not, no one can help you.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: