More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:09:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent  (Read 267650 times)
stippleboots
Asinine Airhead

the boots are real.

View Profile
Re: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« Reply #200 on: 2010 February 02, 17:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went up to the store to buy the new stuff pack and i just came to my senses.  It is like a room full of stuff for $20.00 -- totally not worth it.  If anyone does purchase it, I was wondering how it would work with these new dbc files. 

slappin\\\\\\\' da base
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 February 04, 01:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went up to the store to buy the new stuff pack and i just came to my senses.  It is like a room full of stuff for $20.00 -- totally not worth it.  If anyone does purchase it, I was wondering how it would work with these new dbc files.  

All .dbc files work in-game.  I don't know about installing new .Sims3Packs, though.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 February 04, 21:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone going to make a .dbc of the more recent sets (i.e. I Heart The 50's and BahHaus)?
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 February 04, 22:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone going to make a .dbc of the more recent sets (i.e. I Heart The 50's and BahHaus)?

most likely but not right away.
Kaz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 February 05, 06:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so the dr. pepper car isnt in the huge bundle from the first page, can anyone make a dbc file of just that???
graycurse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 February 05, 15:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so the dr. pepper car isnt in the huge bundle from the first page, can anyone make a dbc file of just that???
If you want just that: download it, compressorize it, and extract the packages into your mod folder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 February 05, 18:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making a DBC out of a single item is meaningless, since a DBC is just the same thing as the package. Also, manual DBC-making is obsolete, anyway, decrapification is the new method of choice. But don't pre-decrapify, the procedure is sort of experimental, so users should decrapify their own packages. This is in case some new wrinkle appears and we have to change the procedure, so that you will still have the original package.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kaz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 February 05, 21:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want just that: download it, compressorize it, and extract the packages into your mod folder.

i haven't been able to find a single place to download it from Embarrassed

Oooo never mind, the store thread was updated apparently, sorry for my bitching
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 February 05, 22:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whats the new decrapification method? Its not merging single packages into a big one?
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 February 06, 05:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my .dbc files (so far).  They all work as far as I'm aware, but if any don't, please let me know.

Enjoy.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/30394031/5635f3af/Sims3DBC.html

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 February 06, 05:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whats the new decrapification method? Its not merging single packages into a big one?
It's running it through Pescado's tool.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.msg518282.html#msg518282

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 February 06, 06:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my .dbc files (so far).  They all work as far as I'm aware, but if any don't, please let me know.

Enjoy.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/30394031/5635f3af/Sims3DBC.html

Hey Yecats, hot enough for ya? Do you mind if I put your link in the first post?

Morriganrant: Good idea, I'll do a link to the decrapifier, too.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ElsaVonNarbe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 February 06, 16:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yecats files don't work for me, i've downloaded the Modernminimalist.dbc and nothin shows up in my launcher.

Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 February 06, 18:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't work for me either... Neither the pre-created .dbc files nor the big .package files that I've downloaded from various people here show up in my game.
FWIW, normal .package files do show up, but they slow down my game.

Decrapified Sims3Pack files do not install in my launcher, but store files install and work just fine - so I guess I'm going to have to join the sheeple and buy my stuff from now on.
Or buy a Windoze machine, whichever is cheaper...  Grin
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 February 06, 19:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yecats files don't work for me, i've downloaded the Modernminimalist.dbc and nothin shows up in my launcher.

They aren't going to show in your launcher. They do not go into your DCCache folder, nor your downloads folder. If the instructions are followed properly then I assure you the dbc files work. That goes for Lissy too. You are doing something wrong if they aren't showing. Have either of you put them in your mods folder with your other .package files and changed your resource.cfg to reflect that?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
CaecusLacrima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 February 06, 20:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I correct in thinking that these files need to be moved from the WA folder to the new stuff pack folder? I moved them from TS3 base game folder to the WA folder when I got the game (and it worked fine), but when I moved them from the WA folder to the stuff pack folder and played the game, something went wrong and I could not load my saved game.
ElsaVonNarbe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 February 06, 20:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my resource.cfg is into the WA section, i've put the files pretty much everywhere and that doesn't work for me.

I got those from the first post running well, but these ones don't.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 February 06, 20:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I correct in thinking that these files need to be moved from the WA folder to the new stuff pack folder? I moved them from TS3 base game folder to the WA folder when I got the game (and it worked fine), but when I moved them from the WA folder to the stuff pack folder and played the game, something went wrong and I could not load my saved game.
Did you put and entirely new FrameWork in the stuff pack folder, or did you just move the mods and resource.cfg?

my resource.cfg is into the WA section, i've put the files pretty much everywhere and that doesn't work for me.

I got those from the first post running well, but these ones don't.

Why are you expecting them to show up in your launcher? I just removed all custom just to make sure I was right, and YeCats Modernminimalist.dbc does show up in game just fine.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 06, 21:39:04 by morriganrant » Logged

CaecusLacrima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 February 06, 21:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved framework as well as the mods and resource.cfg - should I not have?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 February 06, 21:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved framework as well as the mods and resource.cfg - should I not have?
Put the Framework in the Base, WA, and in High End loft stuff. Make sure that you have the proper resource.cfgs (the one that includes the dbc files). Then you can either move the contents of your Mods/packages into the HELS folders, or you can put them(and leave them) in the Base folders, although when I had originally tried leaving it in just the base it hadn't worked, I will be attempting again after HELS install.

CaecusLacrima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 February 06, 22:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal to get the "Warning! Non-critical core mismatch" message at the loading screen? I clicked ignore and I'm now testing out the game.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 February 06, 22:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal to get the "Warning! Non-critical core mismatch" message at the loading screen? I clicked ignore and I'm now testing out the game.
Originally I got that when my Base was not up to date but WA was, it didn't seem to effect much except that the way I needed to set up my custom to get the game to even load, was not on line with what everyone else was doing(I had been figuring it out on my own before coming here and see what everyone else was doing and discovered the differences). I finally discovered that I had forgotten to update my base before I installed WA. I am installing HELS now, so I will let you know if I get the same message.

CaecusLacrima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 February 06, 22:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thank you for your help. So far I've only checked out CAS, but everything seems to be there and showing up fine.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 February 06, 23:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thank you for your help. So far I've only checked out CAS, but everything seems to be there and showing up fine.
The non-critical core mis-match is happening to me too(AM is updated), but my patch to WA hit a bit of a hitch during install, then reported on a second try that it installed fine. Last time I had to reinstall them and patch from scratch to get it to go away. Other then the message, I never noticed any issues, but I am not the final word on if it is bad for anyone to continue this way or not.

Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 February 07, 05:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the .sims3pack in individual folders under "downloads" and the .dbc files in "dccache" and everything shows up for me.

Wasn't it written that the .sims3pack must be present?

Any problems, please let me know and I'll replace/fix the file (if I know how).

Edit:  Witch, feel free to link to my 4shared, I'll try to keep it active (I let it lapse and it deactivated). 

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: