More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:53:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent  (Read 267670 times)
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
Re: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« Reply #175 on: 2010 January 23, 09:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I don't get is why people can't just do everything they think might make it work and then use the process of elimination. >_>

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 January 23, 09:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then they'll have to locate the button. Hmm, could be tricky.
It's okay. I can give them two buttons. A little green one marked "Install Package", and a big red one marked "NEVER PUSH THIS BUTTON: WILL DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER" that deletes their game and reconfigures their hosts file so they can't get back here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2010 January 23, 09:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I don't get is why people can't just do everything they think might make it work and then use the process of elimination. >_>

I love the ones that say; 'If I do such and such, will so and so happen?'

Well I don't bloody know, try it!  Cheesy

It's okay. I can give them two buttons. A little green one marked "Install Package", and a big red one marked "NEVER PUSH THIS BUTTON: WILL DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER" that deletes their game and reconfigures their hosts file so they can't get back here.

Mate!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2010 January 23, 21:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then they'll have to locate the button. Hmm, could be tricky.
I wish there was a tracker for all the people that configured AM for BFBVFS. That could give you a base number of how many would push the big red button.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 January 23, 23:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It needs to be a shiny button, to keep their attention. Possibly alternate instructions in net speak, they may better understand their own lingo.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 January 24, 00:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also needs pictures of the buttons, a mere description will not suffice.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 January 24, 00:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* We'll have to write a manual. Which Noone will read.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010 January 24, 01:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* We'll have to write a manual. Which Noone will read.

Noone always reads the manuals.  This is how Noone formulates such intelligent questions to which we can respond.
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 January 25, 15:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone else has done this (apart from maybe 1 or 2), but when you create your dbc files after extracting the package files and then using appropriate packaging software, you can make each set a separate dbc.  That way I can isolate certain sets that don't want to load, or I need to delete a set I can remove a single all-inclusive file without having to sift through mounds of .package files.

I've got one for each set that EA put out, they all work, and they're all renamed "fancyfashion.dbc" etc.  I'm happy to stick these up somewhere if people want them, maybe 4shared?

Plaeze!
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 January 26, 02:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for those who are lazy like me, here's the link to the torrent: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5277578

So exactly what is in this torrent? Everything from the paysets from the store till January? Or also the other stuff like Dr. Pepper promo items+car, the preorder stuff including the 4 patterns from TS3 base game?

EDIT;
BTW Witch; are those pattenrs preorder bonuses included in your files? You know, the Fluid Vines Hawaiian Floral etc. There are 4 of them, as I can remember.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 26, 03:10:32 by Thunderwolf » Logged

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 January 26, 05:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are three pictures linked in the very first post. The pictures are of the list of files included in the torrent. I don't think it includes any bonus objects.

All the Bonus Objects together, that I have, come to 48.5MB. (Not sure I have them all). It would be easy enough to make a .dbc and put this for upload.

Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 January 26, 14:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try, as soon as I find them again...
Thanks Witch!

kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 January 26, 17:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if somebody had a problem with World Adventures hair and clothes not showing up after installing the store content.

Here is what happened in my game: I used the .dbc files from the torrent and put them only in the DCCache folder in My Documents. I made the Resource.cfg file point to that folder by adding
"..\..\DOCUME~1\LUSERNAME\MYDOCU~1\ELECTR~1\THESIM~1\DCCache" instead of "Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc". I loaded the game - all of the store content that I checked showed up fine, but the World Adventures hairs and clothes are missing from CAS.
If I remove "..\..\DOCUME~1\LUSERNAME\MYDOCU~1\ELECTR~1\THESIM~1\DCCache" from Resource.cfg the World Adventures hairs and clothes show up fine, but none of the store content works. Has anybody had the same problem? Do you know what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Edit: Ok, I think I was able to resolve the problem. I had the Resource.cfg file in both, the Sims 3 directory and the Sims 3 WA directory. I removed the one from the Sims 3 WA directory and everything shows up. My Mods folder is in the Sims 3 directory and Awesomemod also works.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 26, 18:55:13 by kalina » Logged
CaecusLacrima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 January 30, 21:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removed my initial post because I think I may have sussed it. Guess it helped to keep reading through all the instructions and play around with the files to familiarize myself with it all.

For anyone who is still having trouble, I found these posts to be extremely helpful:

How to install the framework and awesomemod

Download awesomemod and framework here

And of course, there is the first post of this thread as well. And don't forget, some of the downloads include instructions as well, so check them out also.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 31, 01:02:28 by CaecusLacrima » Logged
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 January 31, 00:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought it was explained well enough from here downwards.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 January 31, 00:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those instructions are all obsolete anyway. The new instructions are simple.
1. Download.
2. Decrapify.
3. Huh
4. PROFIT!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CaecusLacrima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 January 31, 01:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't matter now, figured it out in the end - the instructions I needed were all over the place, I just needed to find them.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 January 31, 01:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confirming that if you're on Vista (I use 64-bit) you need to not only put them in the DCC Cache that is in your documents folder, but you need to put the files into your mods/packages folder too. For Vista, you do need to have them in both places.

I have everything working except for riverview...which I never play with anyway so I'm not too fussed.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 January 31, 01:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confirming that if you're on Vista (I use 64-bit) you need to not only put them in the DCC Cache that is in your documents folder, but you need to put the files into your mods/packages folder too. For Vista, you do need to have them in both places.

My game is currently on our Vista machine, I only have the .dbc files in my Mods. None of them are in My Documents. If Riverview isn't working for you, you missed something, I have mine working fine.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010 January 31, 11:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better yet, make the big green button the one that makes their computer explode, and the tiny red button the "real" button; 'cause instructions =/= win to the masses.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 February 01, 10:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is currently on our Vista machine, I only have the .dbc files in my Mods. None of them are in My Documents. If Riverview isn't working for you, you missed something, I have mine working fine.

If I put the dbc files in my mods/packages, then they won't show up - for some reason I need them in the documents DCC cache too.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 February 02, 06:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I put the dbc files in my mods/packages, then they won't show up - for some reason I need them in the documents DCC cache too.
Weird, all I can say is that I have mine in The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\DCCache, have my resource.cfg modified to reflect that, and appear to have all clothes and objects. I am practically in love with the little raven on the shelf in the Gothique set. If things are not showing up, then they are few and far between.

Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 February 02, 14:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be great to have all Sims Store files, including the pre-oirder stuff and the promo items in dbc. format. Witch made a great job, and I'm grateful, but it would be something needed. Also it would be great to have the "First buy" items (fan and all those nice things) as well. I guess, that would make it better.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2010 February 02, 14:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be great to have all Sims Store files, including the pre-oirder stuff and the promo items in dbc. format. Witch made a great job, and I'm grateful, but it would be something needed. Also it would be great to have the "First buy" items (fan and all those nice things) as well. I guess, that would make it better.

Thanks for volunteering, we're all waiting with baited breath.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2010 February 02, 15:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, all I can do right now to collect all these files. And I'll see, how it turns out. The main problem is, that I have all patches in my game. Also the new stuff pack comes in days, with 3 new pre-order items. First let's see, what the new stuff pack changes in the game.

EDIT;

Is there maybe a complete list of all Sims-store sets or individual items?
« Last Edit: 2010 February 02, 15:20:51 by Thunderwolf » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: