More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:59:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent  (Read 267645 times)
sticktoanother
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« Reply #150 on: 2010 January 21, 04:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting all your DBCs will remove all your installed content, and you will have to install it again. Duh.

That's "affect" in this case.

I don't know, why not just try moving the files to the desktop and booting your game? That should give you your answer.

Thanks. I had to reinstall it, but it wasn't much trouble.
One last thing, do I have to use the .cfg file in the torrent if I already have one? I had to download one when I wanted to use CC that were .package's. That may be the problem, cause none of the store stuff is showing up in my game, even though it's in the launcher. :/
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010 January 21, 05:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read back half a dozen posts, you will see a resource.cfg I use, plus a post describing one that penguinsane uses. If you have one or t'other or similar in the correct place, you should be fine. Try it out.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2010 January 21, 10:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone else has done this (apart from maybe 1 or 2), but when you create your dbc files after extracting the package files and then using appropriate packaging software, you can make each set a separate dbc.  That way I can isolate certain sets that don't want to load, or I need to delete a set I can remove a single all-inclusive file without having to sift through mounds of .package files.

I've got one for each set that EA put out, they all work, and they're all renamed "fancyfashion.dbc" etc.  I'm happy to stick these up somewhere if people want them, maybe 4shared?

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2010 January 21, 11:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you get any lag from loading so many .dbc files? I know the 'many' package files were creating lag for some.

By all means share, though, and thanks for the thought.  Smiley

sticktoanother
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2010 January 21, 22:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the readme file you say to install the dbd in 2 locations, one of which you say "install it wherever the framework is installed." Is that framework as in AwesomeMod?

Okay now I am seriously confused. The .dbc files from the torrent should be put in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCCache, correct?
And where should the .cfg file go? Because when I first downloaded a .cfg file a month or so ago for my other CC, I was told to just put it in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, so that's where it currently is.
ALSO, if this is of any relevance, the AwesomeMod is in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages.

Sorry for all the problems, I'm really bad at this. Embarrassed
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2010 January 21, 23:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have World Adventures or not?

This is what worked for me, and I have WA. If you don't... Just put them in the same folders in "The Sims 3," the folder structures are more or less exactly the same.

First make sure the Resource.cfg is as follows; (if you dont know how to edit it, change .cfg to .txt then change it back when done. If you can't do that, google it, bitch.)

Code:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc

Secondly, put all the .dbc files in Mods/Packages, right snug next to AwesomeMod.

If you download Skadi's new January store stuff, simply rename the file "dcdb3.dbc" and put it in with the others.

The Riverview file goes in The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
sticktoanother
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010 January 21, 23:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what worked for me, and I have WA. If you don't... Just put them in the same folders in "The Sims 3," the folder structures are more or less exactly the same.

First make sure the Resource.cfg is as follows; (if you dont know how to edit it, change .cfg to .txt then change it back when done. If you can't do that, google it, bitch.)

Code:
Priority 500

Secondly, put all the .dbc files in Mods/Packages, right snug next to AwesomeMod.

If you download Skadi's new January store stuff, simply rename the file "dcdb3.dbc" and put it in with the others.

So the .dbc files should be in both places? Would just copying them there be good enough?
Thanks, btw Smiley
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2010 January 21, 23:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't even have to change the .txt extension. Just open with the text program of your choice. I have Wordpad set to open .cfg files now. All I have to do is double click one, save it when I'm finished. No extension changes at all.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010 January 22, 00:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the .dbc files should be in both places? Would just copying them there be good enough?
Thanks, btw Smiley

My .dbc files are only in one place; the Packages folder in The Sims 3 World Adventures folder.

Smiley

Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010 January 22, 03:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code:
Priority 500

I know, I'm not the best in things like these, but now I feel really idiotic.
And don't get me wrong, I can open Resource.cfg file, but I don't know exactly what should I type in. The complete folder locations+ filenames, or only the location of each dbc file? Oh, and I should leave the Resource file in the Programfiles/Sims3 WA folder...or place it into the Mods folder?  Should I use the full line...like C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims3  etc... or how?

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010 January 22, 04:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I'm not the best in things like these, but now I feel really idiotic.
And don't get me wrong, I can open Resource.cfg file, but I don't know exactly what should I type in. The complete folder locations+ filenames, or only the location of each dbc file? Oh, and I should leave the Resource file in the Programfiles/Sims3 WA folder...or place it into the Mods folder?  Should I use the full line...like C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims3  etc... or how?

What you do is copy this

Code:
Priority 500
and replace what is in your resouces.cfg with it.

That little * between the / / is a wildcard. It tells your game to look for ANY folders, by ANY name. The * in front of the *.package is telling it to look at any files by any name, so long as they end in .package. The *.dbc is telling it to do the same thing only with Dbc files. The way that resource is set up means that you can have several tiers of folders nested within each other and they can have any names you want to give them, so long as they are within the Packages folder, except for with the DBC files, they can only be one tier in the packages folder so they should be in Packages\DBC, Packages\DCcahe or Packages\whatevernameyouchoose.
As for where the Resource.cfg should be, it should stay where it is. In Programfiles/Sims3 WA folder and Programfiles/Sims3.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 23, 05:10:45 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2010 January 22, 04:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see... Thank you morriganrant!

The thing is, I don't have a resouces.cfg file...except the one that came with the framework, for awesomemod. I fully reinstalled the game. Anyhow, I'll try to follow your instructions. Thanks again!

Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2010 January 22, 09:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one that came with AwesomeMod is fine. Erase everything in it and replace it with exactly the stuff in code tags above.

EDIT - Hell, you coulda just made a new Resource.cfg by converting a .txt file.
Tongue

Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2010 January 22, 10:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay...so I did it. And it works fine. Thanks for your help!

Dr.Foreman
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2010 January 22, 15:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Everybody!
                               I would first like to thank Witch and Skadi for their dbc files, they work great and I have no issues with them. My game loads and functions normally. The only thing that I missed having was the Jet Sets for teen and adult. I have the dbc of them to share with everyone if you want them. I have tested on multipile machines so they work as intended. Remember to rename the file to what ever order you are labeling them.

Hotfile Link:     http://hotfile.com/dl/25309135/c6a380e/Jetset_TeenAdult.rar.html
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2010 January 22, 19:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Dr.Foreman! But I think those Jet Set sets (sounds stupid that way) are included in the Demoniod torrent. Am I right? Please let me know!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2010 January 22, 23:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Thunderwolf: Yes, the Jetset stuff was included in the demonoid torrent.

@DrForeman: Would you mind if I include your link to the Jetset download in the first post, near the Pirate Bay torrent download?

@Morriganrant: Would you mind if I use your explanation in the first post?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2010 January 22, 23:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Morriganrant: Would you mind if I use your explanation in the first post?

That's fine, I think this is the second or third time I've explained all that to someone anyway and would be easier just to link them to this thread. I just wish I had written it better. Tongue

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2010 January 23, 00:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, I think its great that we can just install these files and not bother with those damn Sims3Packs.  BTW is there any news on doing this all the time for new store stuff.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2010 January 23, 00:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fine, I think this is the second or third time I've explained all that to someone anyway and would be easier just to link them to this thread. I just wish I had written it better. Tongue

Mate, if you could spare the time to re-write - if you think you could make it clearer - I would be happy to post that. This question comes up over and over again.

Thank you so much, I think its great that we can just install these files and not bother with those damn Sims3Packs.  BTW is there any news on doing this all the time for new store stuff.

Read through this thread, the question has been asked and answered. Plus, it has been explained before how you can create these .dbc files yourself.

Dr.Foreman
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2010 January 23, 03:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Witch,
                           Yes, you can use that hotfile link in your first post.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2010 January 23, 05:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mate, if you could spare the time to re-write - if you think you could make it clearer - I would be happy to post that. This question comes up over and over again.

After looking over it, I can't think of any ways to simplify it more. It just seems obvious to me, which I suppose makes it difficult for me to break it down any further. If you want to take the info and rewrite it or revise it in any way, go ahead.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2010 January 23, 08:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, seems obvious to me too!

Anyway, ta to all contributors, I have re-done the first post so hopefully we can just point people at that for repeat questions.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2010 January 23, 08:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After looking over it, I can't think of any ways to simplify it more. It just seems obvious to me, which I suppose makes it difficult for me to break it down any further. If you want to take the info and rewrite it or revise it in any way, go ahead.
I am working on various concepts designed to simplify this into a "for dummies" version called "push the button and it goes".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2010 January 23, 08:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then they'll have to locate the button. Hmm, could be tricky.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: