More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:29:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent  (Read 267671 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« Reply #75 on: 2010 January 06, 09:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Awesomemod?
Does AM display screens of commands when you type showconfig?
Did you put all the .dbc files in two separate places?
Did you put the resource.cfg file in the right place?
Try clearing your caches.
Check you haven't got custom content turned off in the launcher.
Yes
Also Yes
Nope, just the DCCache folder
Yes, its in the correct location.
Elaborate on this?
Nope, and while I was there I saw under Installed Content a bunch of content including that Castle kit, so the .dbc files must have worked.
If you go to the first post in this thread, Witch has attached an file with instructions at the bottom of her post, which clearly states that the .dbc files must be in two places.  Check that.   It's most likely why things are not showing up.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 January 06, 11:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VICTORY!

I figured out what the problem was. In the Resource.cfg I had:

PackedFile ../../../Users/YourName/DOCUME~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/DCCache/*.dbc

But I didn't even replace the stupid "YourName" part because I'm an idiot. So instead I went back and put in:

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc

And it worked! Now I have all my precious content. Thank you a millions times witch.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 January 06, 13:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi is anyone having problems in saving Riverview? I can't seem to save my Riverview game. I can actually save but when i start the game the saved game i lastly save ain't showing up. So, if anyone had the same problem and fixed it could you please help me. Thanks  Smiley
Interfection
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 January 06, 19:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To anyone that's having trouble with playing games saved in Riverview,

Put the Riverview.world file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds like Witch instructed.  Next, you must delete the Riverview.world file from your InstalledWorlds folder in your Documents to get it to work correctly. 

So, double-check to make sure you've done this.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 January 06, 20:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To anyone that's having trouble with playing games saved in Riverview,

Put the Riverview.world file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds like Witch instructed.  Next, you must delete the Riverview.world file from your InstalledWorlds folder in your Documents to get it to work correctly. 

So, double-check to make sure you've done this.

Thank you. I have the file in Worlds, but didn't know that I have to delete the other file.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 January 06, 20:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I have the file in Worlds, but didn't know that I have to delete the other file.

Me neither. I will add this info to the first post. I didn't encounter this problem as I did a vanilla install, then just manually placed the .dbc and .world files from another machine.

Cheers Interfection.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 January 06, 21:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! Thanks for that Interfection. now my saved files are back.  Kiss
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2010 January 07, 00:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconnor -

Are you supposed to have the .dbc files in both locations? (in my documents and program files/mods/packages) I edited my resource.cfg file like the one you posted. So it now reads:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

I just didn't know since the mods/package folder now reconigzes the .dbc files, if its necessary to have them in both locations Smiley

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 January 07, 11:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you do need the .dbc files in both locations.  As verification, you can also go check the instructions for installing these .dbc files (written by Witch, and attached to the first post in this thread).  I've been fortunate, in that I've not really had to deal with disappearance of custom content since the patch.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
freelancergal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 January 07, 20:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VICTORY!

I figured out what the problem was. In the Resource.cfg I had:

PackedFile ../../../Users/YourName/DOCUME~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/DCCache/*.dbc

But I didn't even replace the stupid "YourName" part because I'm an idiot. So instead I went back and put in:

And it worked! Now I have all my precious content. Thank you a millions times witch.

For anyone wanting to figure out the correct short name path to their DCCache folder, the method in my post here might be helpful.

Caution: You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four.
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2010 January 08, 01:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So last night I decided to take out my .dbc files out of my documents and just have them in mods/packages folder and my game loaded fine Smiley I was feeling brave so I copied the .dbc files that I had originally moved to my packages folder back to my documents and decided to add all of my .sims3packs to the downloads folder. I then ran the launcher. It popped up that I had new downloads yadda yadda so I installed them. Again, after the launcher completed installing the files, I removed the .dbc files out of my docs and put them back into my packages folder. Not only did it work, but I now have all of the store content and most of my 3rd party cc in my game (I noticed that 4 files did not install with the launcher but everything else worked great) I have 4 .dbc files with a combined total of 1GB and my game loads in less than 3 minutes Smiley Again, I only have the .dbc files in my packages folder Smiley

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this but it worked for me Smiley

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 January 08, 03:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the .dbc files only in the folder in Mods. They work fine. I have also renamed them to have Store in the name. I've used the launcher and allowed it to install Sims3packs, then took those .dbc files and did the same. This way I can keep up with what is in where in case something stops working and trouble shooting should be easier. I have one .dbc that is nothing but CycloneSues stuff. Loading is quite swift.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 January 08, 09:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the files in the mod folders have to be the same name as the files in the DCCache folder? i.e. if you have store1.dbc in one place, does it need to be store1.dbc in the other place?

This is really useful information, I haven't tried renaming the files because I haven't bothered downloading custom content for this game yet - bar a few patterns - but for organisational purposes it's great.

TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 January 08, 09:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've only got the one cable to NZ, we have to share nicely.  Roll Eyes

I'm sure Key will sort that one out. Yeah Right.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 January 08, 09:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the files in the mod folders have to be the same name as the files in the DCCache folder? i.e. if you have store1.dbc in one place, does it need to be store1.dbc in the other place?

This is really useful information, I haven't tried renaming the files because I haven't bothered downloading custom content for this game yet - bar a few patterns - but for organisational purposes it's great.

I only have one copy of the DBC files. As in I have dcdb0Store.dbc, dcdb1Store.dbc, dcdb2Store.dbc, I changed only the end of the name in case I had to change them back or in case the dcdb part of the file name was necessary. I have them placed in my DCCache folder in Mods only, The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\DCCache, and do not have any placed in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache. Everything appears to be there near as I can tell. I have some memory issues so it's hard for me to tell if anything could be missing, but enough of it is there to make me think that it all is. I installed a bunch of CycloneSue's items and have a file that is dcdbCycloneSue.dbc hat I have also placed in DCCache in Mods, and all of those files that I installed appear to be there. It might be worth mentioning that for everything that I installed via the launcher I kept and renamed the .idx and also placed it in Mods. I never could find anyone saying exactly what this file was or did and wanted to keep it just in case. The only issue that appears to happen with this method is the uninstalling of one individual file, I can't figure out how to do it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 January 08, 10:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some new store sets. Can I download them, install them through the launcher (which still works for me) and replace the dbc. folder in the Mods folder?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 January 08, 10:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno. I think if you download them from MATY, they won't show up in your content. Please try and let us know.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 January 08, 11:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, i'll try it soon and let you know.

UPDATE: I installed new store items. Or it seemed like I did. They don't show up as installed at all so you can't add anything to the dbc. files since the patch.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 15:15:03 by ElectricSimmer » Logged
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2010 January 09, 00:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to do a clean install today of my game so if there is some way that I could get those new .sims3pack files, I can try to install them before I update the game to 2.3. I don't know if this would work but its worth a try. If it does work, I can load the .dbc files tonight for people to start downloading. I still have all of my sim points from when I purchased my games so I'm also going to try to see if I have enough to download the files myself Smiley Last I checked, the sims 3 site is down Sad

I'll keep you posted...

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010 January 09, 00:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also a method by which you just use the old sims.exe. It is explained in a thread here. That way you can add the content without mucking around reinstalling. I'm lucky enough I can keep a 1.7.9 patched game on my laptop. If the old .exe isn't available, sing out and I could post that to 4shared or something.

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2010 January 09, 00:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch-

Do you know of anywhere I can get the .sim3pack files? The stupid EA store thing is STILL down...

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010 January 09, 00:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent ones? They're in the store download thread.

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2010 January 09, 00:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I'm downloading everything right now Smiley I've never done this before, so once I'm done downloading I just install everything with the launcher and then upload my .dbc files to Pirate Bay right?

I'll have all of the store items up to today including all of the Dr. Pepper items and the car Smiley

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010 January 09, 01:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, no. I suggest you go and google bittorrent first. To 'torrent' is a file-sharing protocol that does just not just involve uploading files.

I think the car is already there, not sure about the Dr Pepper, the bottle is an old item.

You would need to compress the files first, using the compressorizer (sp?) available on MATY.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2010 January 09, 01:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bottle? I'm not remembering a bottle... at least it wasn't in the free stuff that was leaked and became promo items for the Dr. Pepper thing.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: