More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:00:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent  (Read 267648 times)
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
Re: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« Reply #50 on: 2010 January 04, 22:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that's what I'll do then! Thanks! Especially you Witch, this helps me out a lot. (^_^)

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Sexual Innuendo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 January 04, 23:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're both the same Innuendo.  Smiley

Sick, that was the problem. I think...

Everything is perfect now, besides having two Riverviews... Thank you guys so much for your help and patience! ♥
« Last Edit: 2010 January 04, 23:21:27 by Sexual Innuendo » Logged
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 January 04, 23:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think that the patch number or anything else is suppose to change. o_O Though I could be wrong, because nothing new is showing up in my game. I have the .dbc files in both places and my .cfg files in both the base game and the expansion files. Anything I'm doing wrong?

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
Sexual Innuendo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 January 04, 23:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the .cfg file is only supposed to go in the main folder of wherever you have your framework. At least, that's what I did.
It seems to have worked.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 January 04, 23:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got it! I didn't properly update my .cfg file heh heh...  Tongue

But it all works very nicely, thanks a bunch guys/gals.  Cheesy <3

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2010 January 05, 02:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I feel really stupid asking this but do I need to install all of my .sims3pack files of the store content that I have first through the launcher? Then when that is complete, replace the .dbc with the ones from the torrent?

I just did a clean install so I have the DDCache folder but no .dbc files to replace..

Sexual Innuendo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 January 05, 06:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I feel really stupid asking this but do I need to install all of my .sims3pack files of the store content that I have first through the launcher? Then when that is complete, replace the .dbc with the ones from the torrent?

I just did a clean install so I have the DDCache folder but no .dbc files to replace..

You don't need any content installed, as it is all in the .dbc files. The content of the .sims3pack files will be replaced anyway, so just put the files into your DCCache folder.
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 January 05, 09:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for clearing that up Smiley I did a clean install and it worked perfectly! I'm so excited! Thanks to Witch for posting the torrent! Such a great idea! Grin I just had one more question.. If I want to add lots custom lots to my game but they are .sims3pack files should I use the launcher? I tried to use the Sims3Pack Multi-Installer to get the files to be in a .package format but they didn't show up in my game Sad I could've done something wrong so I don't know. But if I do need to add them through the launcher, my .dbc files will just be updated right? (in my documents) and then after that do I copy them again into my game directory package folder like I did to get the store objects to show up? Or do I leave them alone? lol I just want to make sure I don't lose all of the store objects and turn my game into a BFBVFS lol

Thanks! Smiley

LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 January 05, 13:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can i get this working without having to install Awesomemod? I'd rather not have all of the crashing and the loading errors that it brings along.
Is there some other way to get these working?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 January 05, 14:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There hasn't been any crashing or loading errors for ages.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 January 05, 22:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi everything work's fine. but when i play riverview i can't save my game in it. can you please help me to fix this. i really want to play the game.

I can save Riverview, which means it appears in the Save folder. But the game doesn't recognize it.
Elyasis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 January 06, 00:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Witch! I will seed for as long as possible.  Kiss
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 January 06, 02:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi everything work's fine. but when i play riverview i can't save my game in it. can you please help me to fix this. i really want to play the game.

I can save Riverview, which means it appears in the Save folder. But the game doesn't recognize it.

Do you have a copy of Riverview.world in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds ?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 January 06, 04:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New torrent released, tracked by Demonoid, see bottom of first post.

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 January 06, 05:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloading now from Demonoid. Will seed for as long as I can.

Thank you so much witch. You're a saint.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 January 06, 06:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloading now from Demonoid. Will seed for as long as I can.

Thank you so much witch. You're a saint.

SSHHHH! Don't say things like that around here!  Roll Eyes

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2010 January 06, 06:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch - You are amazing for coming out with this torrent Smiley

I don't want to double post, just kind of desperate for an answer so I can get all the rest of the content into my game. I posted a few posts back and haven't gotten a response and even went online and tried to find an answer and couldn't find one on there either Sad I don't want to mess up the .dbc files that I downloaded from you. I know I sound like a nit-wit asking this but I don't fully understand how the launcher works. Am I better off just using only .package files? Or can I use .package files and the other files that I have that are in .sims3pack format and install them through the launcher? My fear is that if I use the launcher my game with have loading issues (lag and such)..

Sorry if it's a stupid question lol

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 January 06, 07:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.dbc files are merely a collection of content. When you put sims3pack files in the launcher, all it does is collect them all in a .dbc file. So if you have a .dbc file, you do not need sims3pack files anywhere, I have already made the collection. If you have legit sims3pack files from the store, stuff you purchase later, you could probably add them to the .dbc files via the launcher.

Package files, whether in a bundle or as individual files, are another way of seeing content. The Framework enables the game to see package files. These framework package files have nothing to do with the .dbc files, in this context.

People are still working out ways to see if they can concatenate content and which way might be the most efficient and which might lag the game the least. It is an ongoing process.

You can have .dbc files as well as package files in your game at the same time.

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2010 January 06, 07:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.dbc files are merely a collection of content. When you put sims3pack files in the launcher, all it does is collect them all in a .dbc file. So if you have a .dbc file, you do not need sims3pack files anywhere, I have already made the collection. If you have legit sims3pack files from the store, stuff you purchase later, you could probably add them to the .dbc files via the launcher.

Package files, whether in a bundle or as individual files, are another way of seeing content. The Framework enables the game to see package files. These framework package files have nothing to do with the .dbc files, in this context.

People are still working out ways to see if they can concatenate content and which way might be the most efficient and which might lag the game the least. It is an ongoing process.

You can have .dbc files as well as package files in your game at the same time.

Ok thank you Smiley That makes sense. In your post you said if i have legit .sims3pack files from the store, what about 3rd party .sims3pack files? I have some lots, objects, etc. And I forgot to ask before, if I do add these files (3rd party files), do I need to copy the .dbc files again from my documents and overwrite the ones in my mods/packages folder in program files?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 January 06, 07:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh fer Pete's sake. You realise you've just used up my niceness quotient for the whole of 2010, don't you?

My understanding is that third party sims3packs are not working either. From what I've read on MATY, it appears that only the purchased store content is installable. Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

.dbc files are dynamic. When I added the Jet teens & adults stuff, the game merely added them to the latest .dbc file. If you put the torrent files in the DCCache folder, they will overwrite any that you already have - which probably aren't working anyway. If you put mine in, then add some legit store stuff, they will be added to your .dbc files. If you over-write those with my files again, you will have only what I included.

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2010 January 06, 07:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I understand, Thank you for being so patient with me lol Smiley

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 January 06, 09:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO NO NO!

What the hell? No matter how many times I double and triple check to make sure all the files are in all the right places nothing shows up! I don't even have the stuff I got legitimately! What the hell is going on?

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 January 06, 09:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Awesomemod?
Does AM display screens of commands when you type showconfig?
Did you put all the .dbc files in two separate places?
Did you put the resource.cfg file in the right place?
Try clearing your caches.
Check you haven't got custom content turned off in the launcher.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 January 06, 09:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My understanding is that third party sims3packs are not working either. From what I've read on MATY, it appears that only the purchased store content is installable. Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.
My third party Sims3packs are working, as is the store content I had previously installed.  I've been using the base game launcher to install things, and for the most part, it's been working.  Just cannot install new store content (acquired after the patches).  For good measure, I did the original work-around and placed a copy of my DCCache files into Mods>Packages (modifying the resource.cfg to read .dbc files), since I still had my own content available to work with.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 January 06, 09:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Awesomemod?
Does AM display screens of commands when you type showconfig?
Did you put all the .dbc files in two separate places?
Did you put the resource.cfg file in the right place?
Try clearing your caches.
Check you haven't got custom content turned off in the launcher.

Yes
Also Yes
Nope, just the DCCache folder
Yes, its in the correct location.
Elaborate on this?
Nope, and while I was there I saw under Installed Content a bunch of content including that Castle kit, so the .dbc files must have worked.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: