More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 06:19:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent  (Read 267340 times)
Hower Power
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« Reply #300 on: 2010 May 21, 05:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with Riverview in HELS version 3.2.8. Sims 3 and WA are also updated. I copied the Riverview.world file to my GameData/Shared/NonPacked/Worlds folder next to Sunset Valley.world. It is not installed in any other folder. In game, there is no description for the town and all of the houses are named incorrectly. Pictures follow:  http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q130/Lyrishima/Riverview_error2.png
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q130/Lyrishima/Riverview_error.png

EDIT: I'm not having any problem viewing the dbc content or using AwesomeMod.

I had the same problem as you until i downloaded resource file in this torrent and used its instructions.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5403527/Sims_3___World_Adventures___All_store_items___patches___rivervie
Eva Aisling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2010 May 21, 15:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a great torrent and I appreciate the link, but I'd like to avoid having to download the whole game again and reinstalling it.

I did a search on my Electronic Arts folder and noticed that Sunset Valley, China, France, and Egypt all have a ***.objectCache file (Eg. China.objectCache) except Riverview. Could someone please send me their Riverview.objectCache file from their program folder, so that I can try using it and avoid the whole reinstall process?

I've been over this thread several times and the instructions included in that torrent link above. I don't know what else to try.  Undecided

More Awesome Than You - in bed
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2010 May 21, 16:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem, so that would help a lot if we could solve that problem that way. Smiley

BTW;

It seems like all my stairs from the Store missing the railings.
Do you have the same problems?
« Last Edit: 2010 May 21, 17:09:22 by Thunderwolf » Logged

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
Eva Aisling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2010 May 21, 20:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it working by following the instructions here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=17610.0

I'm not sure which part helped, but I'm sure glad it did! I hope this helps someone else!

Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2010 May 22, 01:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! It works for me in case of the Riverview part. Now I hope there's a solution for the railing part as well somewhere here on MATY.

Eva Aisling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2010 May 22, 13:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an ATI video card?  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/28514.page

Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2010 May 22, 13:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Eva Aisling! Sadly I have NVidea GeForce 7800 GTX.
I have HELS with the 3.2.8 patch. I'll do a few pics, and post it here, to show them. All my game staris working fine, including the WA and HELS stairs, only the ones from the Store missing the railings.

donarudo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2010 May 24, 06:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it working by following the instructions here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=17610.0

I'm not sure which part helped, but I'm sure glad it did! I hope this helps someone else!

I also encountered the strings problem when i patched base game from 1.2.7 to 1.11.7 without knowing all the CC issues...
you can try rename files in DCCaches and just install the Riverview.sims3pack by non-crappy S3launcher
it should will be generating the required dcdb0.dbc file to recongnize objects in Riverview
then put the .dbc(name it with whatever you like) into the Mods folder and modify the resource.cfg to load it
but i didn't ever have the saved game in Riverview, so i can't ensure you will the saved game working properly.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2010 May 25, 00:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To those having trouble with RiverView, try the instructions here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
After you install Riverview, you will find a new .dbc file in DCCache. You can rename that file to RiverView.dbc. I believe that the lack of this file has been where everyone trouble came from. I am assuming that the people having trouble didn't grab the first torrent, which had that information already in it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2010 May 30, 14:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
After you install Riverview, you will find a new .dbc file in DCCache. You can rename that file to RiverView.dbc. I believe that the lack of this file has been where everyone trouble came from. I am assuming that the people having trouble didn't grab the first torrent, which had that information already in it.

I actually have two new DBC files:  dcdb0 and dcdb1.  dcdb0 is 494,584KB and dcdb1 is 59,899KB.  Do you happen to know which of these is the one I should rename?

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2010 June 01, 02:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have two new DBC files:  dcdb0 and dcdb1.  dcdb0 is 494,584KB and dcdb1 is 59,899KB.  Do you happen to know which of these is the one I should rename?

I have no idea, installing only RiverView, I had one .dbc added to the DCCache folder. Did you install anything else in that batch? And, after tests, do not deviate from the dcdb0 variations. Although I'm sure you could name it something like dcdb9.dbc and have no issue. I'm not sure if it has to do with just Riverview, or if it was the last patch, but Riverview ceased to work properly when I changed the file name, while previously there was no issue with labeling them.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2010 June 10, 11:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi guys i have a question. will this still work even though the launcher works? i have the sims original, WA and HELSP. And is there a continuation of this torrent? since its only store stuff till December. is there a torrent for store stuff from January till this month? if there is can you please post a link to it or the thread/topic.  thanks!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2010 June 10, 23:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi guys i have a question. will this still work even though the launcher works?

Yes, it will work even if the launcher works, although you may have to modify your resource.cfg to look for .dbc files and put them with the rest of your custom content instead.

eyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2010 June 11, 01:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great work, woot!
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2010 June 12, 11:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i just downloaded the whole torrent and when i looked at the files i already have a .dbc0 can i rename this to .dbc3 something like that or do i need to install everything again?

EDIT:
i also found another store torrent, i haven't downloaded it yet since im not sure if its legit. if any of you guys downloaded it is it true that it has all items till the month of may?
here's the link: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5598007/The_Sims_3_Complete_Store_%28May_2010%29_%5BVIPER666%5D
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 16:32:38 by aya_alexa » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2010 June 12, 21:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i just downloaded the whole torrent and when i looked at the files i already have a .dbc0 can i rename this to .dbc3 something like that or do i need to install everything again?

EDIT:
i also found another store torrent, i haven't downloaded it yet since im not sure if its legit. if any of you guys downloaded it is it true that it has all items till the month of may?
here's the link: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5598007/The_Sims_3_Complete_Store_%28May_2010%29_%5BVIPER666%5D
'

Yes you can rename them, if you leave them in the DCCache folder though, they can only be left on a 0-9 scale(says my attempts with a dbc containing only Riverview). dcdb0.dbc- dcdb9.dbc. If you have your resource.cfg file modified to accept .dbc files you can name them things like JetSet.dbc or Store.dbc and have no problems so long as you put the files with your other custom content and do not leave them in DCCache.

And that torrent you linked to are for the sims3packs. It's the same as goin into the store thread and getting them from there.

aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2010 June 13, 03:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh thank God i can rename them i really don't like re-installing everything i downloaded, and thanks for letting me know about that torrent i can't install sims3pack items in my launcher i don't know why.
Paularius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2010 September 23, 00:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiousity how do we remove the items from the game after we add the DBC? I added another DBC and it had doubled some of the items. I empted both the DCCache's folders in Documents and the Packages folders aswell as the DCBackup folder. Yet it still shows the store items in the games buy menu when I start the game.
Is there something I still need to remove? Hopefully with out uninstalling the game. Suggestions?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2010 September 23, 04:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiousity how do we remove the items from the game after we add the DBC? I added another DBC and it had doubled some of the items. I empted both the DCCache's folders in Documents and the Packages folders aswell as the DCBackup folder. Yet it still shows the store items in the games buy menu when I start the game.
Is there something I still need to remove? Hopefully with out uninstalling the game. Suggestions?

If you had double the items in game then that means that you had a decrapified copy and a store copy, I believe.

Paularius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2010 September 23, 15:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theres no way of removing some or all of the items installed from the DBC?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2010 September 23, 20:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theres no way of removing some or all of the items installed from the DBC?

I think you fucked up somewhere, when using this torrent you shouldn't have doubles. Something you are doing is going wrong. Remove your other custom. Remove the contents of dccache, dcbackup, and Downloads. Remove the files from this torrent. Delete caches. Run game, check catalog. Make sure they aren't there. Then once you are sure, add only the files from this torrent to your game. Run game, check catalog. Then add your other custom back, and check catalog.
I know I had doubles for a few items when I installed a few fixes for said items. The people fixing them had store bought, I had decrapifed.

Paularius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2010 September 24, 12:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ran Delphy dashboard to clear the caches like you suggested to find it was still reading a DBC file in on the computer. It seems instead of deleting the DCCache folder i just renamed it thinking it wouldnt read it with a name change while not realising I changed the Resource.cfg to check inside of folders for the DBC files.
Thanks for your help Morriganrant.

Circa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2010 November 06, 04:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How to remove THAT ?
I don't want these dbc files anymore, i deleted them but when i download Sims3Pack they come back again!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2010 November 06, 06:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How to remove THAT ?
I don't want these dbc files anymore, i deleted them but when i download Sims3Pack they come back again!

They won't be the same .dbc files as those in the torrent.

When you install sims3.packs, they get put into a big file named dcdb0.dbc, dcdb1.dbc and so on. Each .dbc file is around 200MB, then another is started. With all custom content to date included, there are about 6 .dbc files now. This is how the sims3 content is stored. You are not seeing my torrent files, you are seeing your own installs.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Circa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2010 November 06, 08:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so if i understand well, it already exist a dbc file in the DCCache folder as normal without your torrent ?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: