More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:02:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Confused User Needs Clarification
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Confused User Needs Clarification  (Read 3214 times)
Chadwick Harkness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Confused User Needs Clarification
« on: 2009 December 28, 10:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm gunna feel so very stupid after posting this, I know I will.

Anyway; I have store bought versions of Sims 3 and World Adventures. I have all of the pirated store content that the lovely people here have provided, and I have a few choice hacks. I've only patched my game up to 1.7, so that my .Sims3pack files still work, I understand all that.

But what I don't get is where do my Mods go now? I have all sorts of people telling me different things. Some tell me to keep it in the Sims 3 Folder, some tell me to put it in the World Adventures. If I could just get a quick verification, I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 28, 10:43:12 by Chadwick Harkness » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Confused User Needs Clarification
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 28, 10:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep mine in the base game folder, unchanged from the original config. Obviously, they work there. Any other config, I can't vouch for.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chadwick Harkness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 28, 11:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. I'll try that. I've been having problems keeping my game going for more then 5 minutes, so I'm going to try patching to 1.8 and then using http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382520 to get my content back.
Chadwick Harkness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 29, 00:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now my damn game won't start at all. I re-installed the game and didn't patch. Then I clicked to start the game and all it does is turn the screen black for a few seconds, then you get a black screen in the top left hand corner. It just stays that way till you close the game.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 29, 01:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have absolutely no problem with leaving just the basic framework with the base game files, then putting everything (including another copy of the framework) with the WA files. I've heard some things work when left with the base game, but other things won't. However, it seems that everything works when moved to the WA folder, so why not do that?
Chadwick Harkness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 29, 01:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now I'm just trying to get it to start after a fresh install. I swear to God, I'm ready to just sell this POS game and forget about all the stress!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: