More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:27:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How does the 'wandhere' work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How does the 'wandhere' work?  (Read 8857 times)
Koori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How does the 'wandhere' work?
« on: 2009 December 27, 16:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well sims in my town stopped moving in/around so I figured it was due to the price of houses. I heard 'wandhere' can help with that but whenever I use the code it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Also I might as well ask here too, random visitors have stopped showing up to the house is there any reason for that?

So the main questions are: is there a way to force movers? is my town going to fill up eventually?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: How does the 'wandhere' work?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 27, 16:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What made this topic so special it couldn't go in the bugs thread or the "tips/advice" thread? Are you special or something?

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Koori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 27, 17:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think there was a problem with how I asked. I see tons of other questions posted. Have yourself a chill pill dude.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 27, 18:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Protip: If you want to endear yourself to the MATYians, you must be an asshole to n00bs, especially those with lower post counts than your own.

As for the answer to your question, all I know is that it works the same way it worked in TS2, apparently. Having never used it in either game, I couldn't possible be assed to tell you.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 27, 18:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Protip: If you want to endear yourself to the MATYians, you must be an asshole to n00bs, especially those with lower post counts than your own.
False on several counts. You don't have to be an ass to fit in here. You have to put some thought in what you do and have something to offer. You also do not need to be an ass to new people just for being new. New people will get assyness if they choose to fail to LURK MOAR, or fail to READ THE FUCKING FAQ, or fail to SEARCH MOAR, or post like a 12, or do some sort of "Look at me! Look at me!" ploy right out of the box. It seems like you, Greyform, have also failed to LURK MOAR and READ THE FUCKING FAQ. Protip: Get right on that.

As for the OP, "wandhere" isn't as instant-gratification as the magic wand in TS2. Do the command. Exit to "Edit Town". Mouse over the home. You should see that the price has dropped significantly. As for move-ins, see this post by Pescado regarding how Awesomemod decides to add puddings and this post regarding moving of existing puddings.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 27, 18:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LURK MOAR
This is especially ironic, coming from you. I had a look at your post history, and you started spamming the board from the day you first registered.

I have read the FAQ more than once, thank you very much. I would argue that being an asshole to n00bs (NB not newbs) is indeed a time-honored tradition here. Also, your post totally corroborates my claim, as you clearly see me as a n00b.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 18:34:35 by Greyform » Logged
Koori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 27, 20:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the OP, "wandhere" isn't as instant-gratification as the magic wand in TS2. Do the command. Exit to "Edit Town". Mouse over the home. You should see that the price has dropped significantly. As for move-ins, see this post by Pescado regarding how Awesomemod decides to add puddings and this post regarding moving of existing puddings.

Suppose that means new families aren't generated at all from the looks of it. Which is weird because some were at the beginning, workmates I guess.
sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 27, 20:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is especially ironic, coming from you. I had a look at your post history, and you started spamming the board from the day you first registered.

Greyform is definitely more reputable. He lurked a month before he started yelling at noobs. I think he's yelled at me in fact. Job well done Smiley

Just wanted to point out though, many of us lurked forever before we actually joined so that proves nothing.

I park on your car.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 27, 21:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LURK MOAR
I started posting the day I registered, yes. I did not lurk long. I am capable of getting a feel for the culture of a board quickly and due to the fact that I take care with the majority of my contributions and try to write legibly and search before posting, I was able to fit in immediately. Not everyone needs to lurk first. However, once told to lurk, you might want to do it, as you have been called out for failure to adapt to the culture.

Also, your post totally corroborates my claim, as you clearly see me as a n00b.
No. You actually come off more like a whiny little bitch of the Austere variety.

Suppose that means new families aren't generated at all from the looks of it. Which is weird because some were at the beginning, workmates I guess.
That's to be expected since your first sim joins a career line and has a coworker and (eventually) boss created for them by Awesomemod. Then they get a spouse in another career line who spawns the same. If you want a lot of new families, you'll have to set them up yourself. You can always just go in and create a bunch of singletons, shove them in homes, and let Awesomemod do the romancing and babymaking for you.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 27, 22:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see you mistook my perceptions as criticism, when I meant them of nothing of the sort.

I enjoy MATY's meanness, unlike Austere, and would never whine about a forum's culture while persisting in tormenting its inhabitants with my presence.

Trust me, I have no complaints about MATY; if I did, I would not be here.

ETA: It's obvious why my post was misunderstood, on second glance. "Be an asshole" does sound like criticism. It is what it is, though, and it's amusing regardless.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 22:50:03 by Greyform » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: