More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:23:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Weird issue...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird issue...  (Read 7922 times)
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Weird issue...
« on: 2009 December 27, 14:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very simply: I was in the game, went out then back in...
Launched 3booter (with FPS Limiter).
I get to the main-menu, and click to make a new neighborhood.
It loads one eighth of the bar and then crashes.
I go to the Sims 3 directory (I only have the base game) and run the 3booter from there; same results...
I go into the bin folder and launch the long forgotten Sims 3 launcher. (I tried both application files)
Result:
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled./ Process ID=0x7f0 (2032), Thread
 ID=oxf4c )3916)./ Click OK to terminate the application./ Click CANCEL to debug the application."
I click CANCEL and this comes up:
"No registered JIT debugger was specified. (figures?)/Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually./ Click on CANCEL to abort the JIT debug request."

Now what? I was JUST using it... It's dead.

Oh yeah, i clicked retry and it did nothing Tongue

EDIT: I get rid off the mods folder, enter the game with my CD. I click on the options tab to see if they are too high and it crashes instantly...

EDIT 2: I enter task manager and find THREE Sims 3 Launcher apps open, they aren't actually open in our physical dimension though.

EDIT 3: I accidentally double click on my config file and it gives me the same message "application has generated...blah...blah...blah..."
I try reinstalling Delphy's "MonkeyHelper" again and try... I know it might have nothing to do with it but it's worth a try.

EDIT 4: I get into the game using the TS3 app in the Bin folder.
It loads the game, but this time I enter my old saved game. It takes about 3 minutes to load but eventually does! I re-enter the main menu to make a new neighborhood. Same result... crash... Note: The options tab now opens and everything should be tolerable. P.S.: I uninstalled MonkeyHelper and am through with it...

EDIT 5: I forgot to say this: I'm trying to make a new "Sunset Valley" neighborhood, my old saved game is "Riverview". I'll see what happens when I try to make a new "Riverview" neighborhood.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 16:27:01 by AloeOwl » Logged

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Weird issue...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 27, 17:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very simply: I was in the game, went out then back in... (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)
Launched 3booter (with FPS Limiter). (Eww.)
I go to the Sims 3 directory (I only have the base game) and run the 3booter from there; same results...(Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)
I go into the bin folder and launch the long forgotten Sims 3 launcher. (I tried both application files.)
Result:
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled./ Process ID=0x7f0 (2032), Thread
 ID=oxf4c )3916)./ Click OK to terminate the application./ Click CANCEL to debug the application."
"No registered JIT debugger was specified. (figures?)/Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually./ Click on CANCEL to abort the JIT debug request."

Now what? I was JUST using it... It's dead. (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)

EDIT: I get rid of the mods folder, enter the game with my CD. I click on the options tab to see if they are too high and it crashes instantly...(Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse. Also, shouldn't this be telling you something? Like, oh, I don't know, "Hey, this isn't an Awesomemod problem afterall!")

EDIT 2: I enter task manager and find THREE Sims 3 Launcher apps open, they aren't actually open in our physical dimension though. (Sure they are. They failed to close properly. So close them. Simple!)

EDIT 3: I accidentally double click on my config file and it gives me the same message "application has generated...blah...blah...blah..."
I try reinstalling Delphy's "MonkeyHelper" again and try... I know it might have nothing to do with it but it's worth a try. (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)

It loads the game, but this time I enter my old saved game. It takes about 3 minutes to load but eventually does! I re-enter the main menu to make a new neighborhood. Same result... crash... Note: The options tab now opens and everything should be tolerable. P.S.: I uninstalled MonkeyHelper and am through with it... (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)

EDIT 5: I forgot to say this: I'm trying to make a new "Sunset Valley" neighborhood, my old saved game is "Riverview". I'll see what happens when I try to make a new "Riverview" neighborhood.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 27, 21:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very simply: I was in the game, went out then back in... (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)
Launched 3booter (with FPS Limiter). (Eww.)
I go to the Sims 3 directory (I only have the base game) and run the 3booter from there; same results...(Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)
I go into the bin folder and launch the long forgotten Sims 3 launcher. (I tried both application files.)
Result:

Now what? I was JUST using it... It's dead. (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)

EDIT: I get rid of the mods folder, enter the game with my CD. I click on the options tab to see if they are too high and it crashes instantly...(Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse. Also, shouldn't this be telling you something? Like, oh, I don't know, "Hey, this isn't an Awesomemod problem afterall!")

EDIT 2: I enter task manager and find THREE Sims 3 Launcher apps open, they aren't actually open in our physical dimension though. (Sure they are. They failed to close properly. So close them. Simple!)

I try reinstalling Delphy's "MonkeyHelper" again and try... I know it might have nothing to do with it but it's worth a try. (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)

It loads the game, but this time I enter my old saved game. It takes about 3 minutes to load but eventually does! I re-enter the main menu to make a new neighborhood. Same result... crash... Note: The options tab now opens and everything should be tolerable. P.S.: I uninstalled MonkeyHelper and am through with it... (Save a period. Stop the ellipse abuse.)

Sorry about the ellipses. And I know I should close the launchers but they SHOULD close normally on there own, that's why I mentioned it. I get that it isn't an Awesome Mod problem. BUT I also said that I went back in and it worked: the options, the saved game but not the new neighborhood making.

You must really like periods.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 28, 01:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting your 'red wings' is a bit difficult if you don't like periods.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 28, 15:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting your 'red wings' is a bit difficult if you don't like periods.

It's not that I don't like periods. It's just that I'm used to using ellipses in Arabic (we use them a lot in writing)
But anyway I'm not that interested in getting "red wings" Wink

Back to the subject now.

EDIT: Since it seems the problem isn't from CC (including AM) can someone help me move this to the Horror area?? I'm still accepting suggestions...

« Last Edit: 2010 January 03, 15:08:40 by AloeOwl » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: